Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051
Results 1,001 to 1,015 of 1015

Thread: Monitor, Monitor on the Wall

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    thank you all for your concern... it scared the crap out of me and my family too
    He's diabetic, so he can't let his blood sugar level go down to far cos he'll pass out..

this happened yesterday after noon after he dropped my mom off at the beauty parlor - he was supposed to have a snack inbetween meals and didn't. his blood sugar went all the way down and he pulled over the car, didn't know where or who he was - then passed out in the middle of the street. thank god someone with a cell phone stopped and called 911.

they took him to a near by hospital and kept him there for tests and stuff but my mom had no idea what happened, she had to walk home from the salon (she has a heart condition) and then got a phone call from Mountainside hospital... they didn't get back home til after 8pm my sister was worried and i hadn't heard from my parents either - which is strange because they dont like driving at night, so i drove over there to see if everything was cool...

It wouldn't be such an issue if he wasn't so old he's 76 and thinks he's 40! He always pushes himself to do things and work hard at chores even though he shouldn't - He's doing much better today.

needless to say with all the confusion, my mom didnt' have a chance to prepare some things for dinner for today last night, but it didn't matter, Kris and I went there early today and helped out while my father rested and we had a really nice dinner.

thanks again for your concern, it means a lot to me
    much love
    XOXO
    anna
    wow, my sympathy... i can relate to this because I predict it in my future...

my dad is in his early 60s and still in decent shape but he has this nasty tendency to over extend himself... umm, daily... so does my father in law...

my father in law is 60 and runs 5-7 miles a day and looks about 45... (impressive man)

but, in the end, once you cross that 70s line, things start falling apart whether you've taken good care of them or not

add things like diabetes...

a male ego...

well yeah, that's rough anna... like I said, I think I can relate with the nervousness more than anything... I don't know what it's going to feel like when Beccah and I's folks cross the line to where we need to look out for them...

they looked out for us... no problem, i'll do it without a complaint...it's just, well, strange to imagine them needing us... and the logistics are hard to work through in my head... especially Beccah's folks because they'll either be in Boston or in Maine (they may retire up there)

*shrug* oh yeah, this was about someone other than myself... yeah... Anna... you have my thoughts... sounds like you're being a great daughter... some kids just turn off their answering machine after their parents turn 70.

dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

Anna, glad to hear that your dad's OK after that scare. Sorry to hear about his condition , but as others have said, if he manages his diet and medications carefully he'll be all right. I'm glad that you got to spend Thanksgiving with your family, even if not quite in the way that you expected!
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

I wish you guys all the best. It's a terrible desease but you cannot do anything else but live your life in the best way possible.

Tomorrow, I will find out if I have diabetes or not...=/

Christina

Agree? Yes No

Avil, best wishes. Things will work out just fine.
    If You Don\'t know, Now You Know.
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by d3lions
    Avil, best wishes. Things will work out just fine.
    Thank you! I really hope so, I can't leave without the sweet things in life.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Avil

Thank you! I really hope so, I can't leave without the sweet things in life.
    Oh, you don't have to. Ever since I got the insulin pump, I can eat whatever I want, and my blood sugar stays normal. You just have to take the correct dosage of insulin per carbs eaten. It's great!
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by NoirTech

Oh, you don't have to. Ever since I got the insulin pump, I can eat whatever I want, and my blood sugar stays normal. You just have to take the correct dosage of insulin per carbs eaten. It's great!
    I just asked my mother about this insulin pump and she says that it's not good at all, it doesn't work for everone and that it's stuck to your stomach. Big and ugly....=/

/C

Agree? Yes No

I just asked my mother about this insulin pump and she says that it's not good at all, it doesn't work for everone and that it's stuck to your stomach. Big and ugly....=/

/C
    Sorry to say that your mom is incorrect. I move mine around. I change it every 3 days. Right now I have it on my leg. 3 days ago I had it on my side.
    I think in 2 days I'll move it to my other leg.
    It's the best thing that has ever happened to me (personally). My diabetes is well in control, and I can eat whatever I want.
    It is not big. About as big as a small pager. Mine is in my pocket. Extremely small. Heck, smaller then some cell phones.

This is the one I use:
    http://www.minimed.com/patientfam/pf...lin_pump.shtml
    As for being ugly or not, it's not about that. It's about saving your life.

:-)

I rather have something ugly (which it isn't) then being dead.
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

I rather have something ugly (which it isn't) then being dead.
    I heard that !!

I'm just thankful that there is technology out there that helps people deal with these diseases. Who knows what will happen in the next 5-10 years you know?

We made the best of thanksgiving this year, but yea, i try to be there for my parents whenever, not just holidays. i hope your kids are there for you Cliff, instead of making me come out of Egn B!tch retirement to take care you guys! LOL

thanks again for all your concern, it really means a lot to me.
    XO

Agree? Yes No

How do these things work??

Agree? Yes No

How do these things work??
    What? The pumps?
    Insulin is stored in the pump. Depending on what you eat, you tell the pump how much insulin to give to you. Actually, it's more then just that. Your body needs insulin constantly. So the pump takes care of that. Actually...it's a lot of info. Here in the US, only an endocrinologist can write up a presciption for them. That's probably who you would want to ask since they have more info on it.

Here is some more info. Probably more then I can say:

http://www.minimed.com/patientfam/pf_ipt_pumpfaq.shtml

http://www.minimed.com/patientfam/pf...pumptips.shtml

Just so much info to type out.
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

I will check the information out. Thank you dear.
    As long as there isn't any needles involved...

And I didn't have diabetes. But it wasn't perfect. I will know more next week.

Agree? Yes No

Killer thread. Going to read from the beginning in my free time.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

OMFG Holy-resurrecta-thread batman.
    ...I sure hope this is the real deal.

Unregistered

Agree? Yes No

Default best of the best

the most recent electronic music here
    http://0day.musicore.net/?release=633

Thread Information