Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You know you're getting old when...

Agree? Yes No

Wink You know you're getting old when...

...you can relate to this article (sadly, everything in it rang true for me, which tells you just how venerable I've become):

http://www.bcentral.com/articles/isy...d=msn&LID=3800
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

That was really funny, thanks for sharing it Kathy.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

That was really depressing, thanks for sharing it Kathy.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

I remember smoking sections on airplanes. I don't know how the airlines figured it wouldn't travel...now you can't even smoke outside the terminal!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

"It was called VD instead of an STD."

I have this random selective memory and somethings from the 70/80s just stick with me... not only do i remember that but there was a string of public service announcements / commericals on tv with this catchy tune... "v.d. gets ar-round"!

Can't remember what i did with that important paper i needed to keep or what i had for breakfast last thursday but thank God I can remember various commericals and tag lines from the 70s and 80s.

I already felt old - but thanks for making me feel ancient!
    xo

Agree? Yes No

WOW. I'm not that old, but I do know every damn thing they're talkin about. Maybe I was just an observant 80's kid. Prodigy! Ha!! Smoking diners. Carrows used to bea friggin chimney where I grew up

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    Can't remember what i did with that important paper i needed to keep or what i had for breakfast last thursday but thank God I can remember various commericals and tag lines from the 70s and 80s.
    I was just saying this to someone the other day when somehow I got on a conversation about Monster Squad (the 70's Sat. morning show not the 80's movie). It is a bit depressing when a huge amount of important information goes in one ear and out the other, but tv jingles get tattooed in the folds of your brain. All I have to say is "Where's the beef?"
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Ah! Monster Squad! there's something i haven't thought of in years. Do you remember the Groovie Ghoolies? it was another Hanna Barbera production in the 70s (i think) with all the cool monsters in a "rock" band!?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    Ah! Monster Squad! there's something i haven't thought of in years. Do you remember the Groovie Ghoolies? it was another Hanna Barbera production in the 70s (i think) with all the cool monsters in a "rock" band!?
    Ya, I use to have a lunchbox of them or something with that image.

Here are some 80s commercials for you to chew on.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/downloads/
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation

Agree? Yes No

I don' t remember that--but I do remember a cartoon with a talking dune buggy -- the people used to have adventures ala Scooby Doo -- anyone remember that?

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Very Interesting!!! I can't believe I actually rememeber 3/4 of the stuff on the article.

Wow, I'm getting OLD!!!!!
    If You Don\'t know, Now You Know.
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

test

Agree? Yes No

thats was really funny, anyway i don't understund anything about computers!!! adsl dsrr and hjditr, i just don't get it, and i'm in my 20's

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Jupiter 4
    I don' t remember that--but I do remember a cartoon with a talking dune buggy -- the people used to have adventures ala Scooby Doo -- anyone remember that?
    Yes, sadly enough, I do remember it. It was called Speed Buggy. See below.

Any one remember Magila Gorilla?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by NJOberheim

Any one remember Magila Gorilla?
    How can we forget that Gorilla!!1 They still show the cartoons on Cartoon Network.

Agree? Yes No

OH NO! It all just came back to me in a really ugly way. Anyone remember Banana Splits, The Great Space Coaster and the New Zoo Review? Scary thing is that the New Zoo Review is still on. God, Freddy the frog's voice makes me want to break something!
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

Agree? Yes No

Jonna, yes, I think that I remember the New Zoo Review--wasn't there some sort of Hippo involved? The Splits I remember too...some sort of three stooges/dog/amusement park/pastry combination there?

I'm also remembering Johnny Quest...is that right? Some sort of monkey involved...weren't they like in Iraq or something (I keep thinking Haji sounds familiar...)

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Jonna, yes, I think that I remember the New Zoo Review--wasn't there some sort of Hippo involved?
    Yes, Henrietta Hippo. And it really bothers me that I have commited that information to memory.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

Agree? Yes No

You also really know you are old when:

(1) Your best memories of Duran Duran are of the "Fab Five" and get irked by the mention of a certain Warren C.

(2) You see your skinny ties being sold at the vintage clothing store.

(3) Your idea of innovation was the McDLT (cold on one side and warm on the other)

(4) You wished you were George Michael because of all of the girls he had!

(5) 'Surfing' and the 'Net' were aquatic references and a 'chat room' was a place in the house for family fights.

(6) You remember when the only people who had satellite dishes were employed by NASA.

(7) You remember when MTV actually played videos and that Dr. Dre wasn't a friend of Emimem, but of Ed Lover.

(8) You did not see any design flaws in the AMC Pacer and thought that AMC's merger with Renault was a great idea.

(9) You used to use your calculator to spell words upside down, like "ShellOil", thinking you were freakin' Bill Gates.

(10) YOu flew on airlines like PSA, Air Cal, Pan Am, and TWA.

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

(3) Your idea of innovation was the McDLT (cold on one side and warm on the other)
    I loved that sandwich! I remember them taking it off the market because of the large non-biodegratable container.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

Agree? Yes No

BTW, what did McDLT stand for anyway??

You also know you're getting old when you go out to a club and you start referring to the patrons as children or fledglings!

Thread Information