Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You know you're getting old when...

Agree? Yes No

I'm thinking, Tal, that the L stood for Lettuce, and the "T" for tomato...the D... I dunno...Diet Killer?

You've not posted your picture on the 'Monitor Monitor on the Wall' thread...be careful, otherwise I'll send the Dominator after you!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Jupiter 4
    [b]I'm thinking, Tal, that the L stood for Lettuce, and the "T" for tomato...the D... I dunno...Diet Killer?
    McDLT = MCDonalds Lettuce & Tomato

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by d3lions

McDLT = MCDonalds Lettuce & Tomato
    Here is a link to the commercial audio if you have Real Player.

http://www.80stvthemes.com/ra/MCDLT.ra
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

d3--that is great!! Where on earth did you get that button? BTW, I used to live in your neck of the woods up in Terra Vista, near the Quakes stadium...

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Tal`liyne

You also know you're getting old when you go out to a club and you start referring to the patrons as children or fledglings!
    That's why I stop going to club nights that are filled with young ones. I got so tired of little girls approaching me and suprised to hear how old I am. I stop dating young ones few months ago.
    I prefer mature thinking women now.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

"* Even though there are plenty of LPs in antiques stores, you still have 400 in your attic, because deep down, you still think the format will come back."

lol

I don't remember most of it....I FEEL YOUNG

Agree? Yes No

d3--that is great!! Where on earth did you get that button? BTW, I used to live in your neck of the woods up in Terra Vista, near the Quakes stadium...
    Here is the link where I found it
    http://www.bertlesman.com/McDLT.html

BTW, I used to live in your neck of the woods up in Terra Vista, near the Quakes stadium...
    LOl, Do you mean Terra Vista Apartments???

Agree? Yes No

Montecito apartments, actually. Had a nice two bedroom flat there!

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Im just down the street from THe stadium. The terrace.
    If You Don\'t know, Now You Know.
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

Agree? Yes No

your body makes noises it never used to before you think twice before bending over to pick up the quarter you just dropped.

Agree? Yes No

You also really know you are old when:

(1) Your best memories of Duran Duran are of the "Fab Five" and get irked by the mention of a certain Warren C.

(2) You see your skinny ties being sold at the vintage clothing store.

(3) Your idea of innovation was the McDLT (cold on one side and warm on the other)

(4) You wished you were George Michael because of all of the girls he had!

(5) 'Surfing' and the 'Net' were aquatic references and a 'chat room' was a place in the house for family fights.

(6) You remember when the only people who had satellite dishes were employed by NASA.

(7) You remember when MTV actually played videos and that Dr. Dre wasn't a friend of Emimem, but of Ed Lover.

(8) You did not see any design flaws in the AMC Pacer and thought that AMC's merger with Renault was a great idea.

(9) You used to use your calculator to spell words upside down, like "ShellOil", thinking you were freakin' Bill Gates.

(10) YOu flew on airlines like PSA, Air Cal, Pan Am, and TWA.
    LOL!!! Yes, I'm definitely old because I can also relate to these!

Originally posted by bill
    your body makes noises it never used to before you think twice before bending over to pick up the quarter you just dropped.
    The noise part hasn't happened to me, but considering that my back goes out more than I do, I hear you about trying to pick up change. Also would like to add the one about everything hurting, and that which doesn't hurt, doesn't work.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by bill
    omg... i know the feeling dude.

*sigh*

Agree? Yes No

Wow...I don't mind being the baby of the group so much now...my earliest tv show memories are Heman, Shera, Thundercats, 3-2-1 Contact etc...oh, and of course Transformers and Go-bots

test

Agree? Yes No

I was in the suburbs of Detroit this past summer for a month visiting friends. They had a Dream Cruise on the weekend of Aug. 17th. I saw some really neato cars. I also saw 2 PACERS on the street. I thought that I would NEVER see another Pacer again in my life. I can't believe that I saw not 1, but 2!!!!!! he he.

Agree? Yes No

wow look at Corey posting!!! - where've you been lady?

yes, actually i also remember 321 contact and Zoom!
    ahh, wasn't it great when kids were kids and not trying to be sexy pop stars playing with cellphones and pagers?

Agree? Yes No

okokok now ive tried to avoid the age issue, but here you go. my earliest tv memory is my mom dad and brother sitting around a black and white tv with rabbit ears watching man walk on the moon for the first time.
    its funny though cause all the guys in the bands ive played with are at least fifteen years my junior and at the end of the night im stilll hanging with them as they are running out of gas.
    in the sweat shop where we work at the younger guys fear me cuz they see me moving immense amounts of weight that usualy requires two or three people.
    the best is when we get some hot shot fitness freak in who ends up leaving cuz they cant handle the heavy lifting.
    i guess they dont have to know that after i moved that 650 pound barrel ,that i feel like mainlining ben gay and that putting a microphone on my joints and sampling it could provide some of the hardest industrial drum loops known to human kind.
    the thing that sucks about getting old is the icreasing sense of ones own mortality .

Agree? Yes No

ooohh...I'm really not looking foward to get older purely from the body aches point of view...I already have bad enough backpains, knees that barely work, and ankles that pop more than rice krispies...that's what I get for being an active kid I guess

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

when I start listening to TOm Lycus
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

Agree? Yes No

Oh, puh-lease Anna...you are just a kid!

D3lions, Labrat, and the rest of you owe us pictures on the "Monitor, Monitor" thread!

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Oh, puh-lease Anna...you are just a kid!

D3lions, Labrat, and the rest of you owe us pictures on the "Monitor, Monitor" thread!
    You like dead horses, don't you!?!

NO, I mean like, like them. :goofball:
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Thread Information