Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could live anywhere...

Agree? Yes No

Default If you could live anywhere...

I've finally commited to getting the hell out of Iowa, where I currently live. I'm up in arms about where to go to however. Being a musician is my foremost interest, and I want to go somewhere with a healthy electronic music scene. Germany appeals to me but I'm not sure if I really want to leave the country. Also Canada I find appealing, but again it would be nice to stay in the US. Any ideas for places to go? Maybe it would be best to just get my butt to Europe...
    James D. Stark
    Synthpop/Darkwave Artist
    ----\'----,---\'--<@
    http://jamesdstark.com
    http://myspace.com/jamesdstark
    http://www.cdbaby.com/all/jamesdstark

Agree? Yes No

How do you plan on going to Europe and staying unless you have a permit or a European Union passport? Canada is just as difficult unless you plan on the illegal route! Are you independently wealthy? Just curious! No arrogance intended!
    \"You gave away your life\'s grace. I cannot protect you any more!\"

Agree? Yes No

I'm the opposite; I really want to get the hell out of the US. Just wait till FEMA declares marshal law, the constitution is revoked and the New World Order takes over and puts us all in detention camps. NWO will probably take over Canada and much of North America so none of that is safe either. Too bad because I like Canada. But I digress.

I have done a fair amount of traveling and I would have to say that I love southern Japan the best. The best mix of the future and the past that you could hope for.

Germany really depressed the hell out of me; it just had a strange atmosphere. The parts of France that I visited seemed too driven by tourism. I was almost murdered in Switzerland so lets not go there. Most of Mexico and the Caribbian (including Bermuda) seemed to have either really rich people or fairly poor to completely destitude.

My problem is that I would want to live deep in the woods, but still have access to cities. Oh well, right now I will just have to settle with New Jersey.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Me--I'd love to live in London!

In the US, I'll take New England...well, I guess that does have "England" in it!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Jonna

My problem is that I would want to live deep in the woods, but still have access to cities. Oh well, right now I will just have to settle with New Jersey.
    Well, we pretty much have that here though, don't we, Jonna?

If i could go anywhere it would be some quaint little place in the UK....Scotland, perhaps, surrounded by green and flowers, maybe on a cliff somewhere...*daydreams*

But then again, tropical climates appeal to me too...

I don't have any real preference...i've lived in various states, but i do know that i LOVE the woods and that is a necessity for my later years...and at least some type of natural water body, be it the ocean, lake, stream, pond, or as we say in PA "crick" I can live anywhere, any climate...doesn't matter to me, just as long as i have someone to share it with *shrugs*

Agree? Yes No

I actually live exactly where I want to live.

Could I be more boring?

I don't want to live in a place that has SO MUCH personality that I feels as if my city needs a therapist.

there's no famous people hanging out on every corner here.

the culture is not new york. decent art, literature, music, theatre, etc... but it's NOT, new york... and I don't fault it for that...

the scenery in the surrounding country is not new england nor is it the west coast... we're on a big ass lake..

it's just a simple midwestern lifestyle... live, work, and have a beer on Friday...

no requirement to be anything else.

dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

Actually, I love Chicago. wonderful architecture, and the museum is amazing. Not to mention the Blackhawks!! I think Chicago would also be among the top cities to live in...
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

I concur...Chicago is very nice :nod: The only thing is the biting cold there in winter, but meh...that's nothing really!

Agree? Yes No

I'm not actually particular about where I live... just wish i lived in a clean quiet friendly neighborhood with more trees and a backyard.

City life sucks.

Agree? Yes No

For your music career think about London, Manchester, LA, & NYC.
    You probably want to live where most working musicians live.

When you get older, move to the burbs of those areas...
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by amyagogo

Well, we pretty much have that here though, don't we, Jonna?
    No, I mean the deep woods where you can't see or hear anyone. Peaceful and calm. There is enough noise in my own head.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

You guys should try the Isle of Man : A quiet dependant Island off the UK coast.

Offshore tax haven, so 20% income tax maximum band, almost all countryside, cutting edge comms infrastrucure (3g etc) and a great economy.

45 minute flight places you in the centre of london (quicker than commuting in from its own suburbs) 30 min to Manchester/liverpool/dublin.

Check it out !

Not so much of local electronic music scene : it fact its just us. Brilliant local folk music though.
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

aren't A Band of Bees from The Isle of Man? - thats about all i know about the place

Agree? Yes No

My personal choice would be Nassau. Beautiful beaches!!! As far as an electronic music community, all I need is my laptop, USB keyboard , access to the Internet and I'm good!! See you on the beach, I'll be the guy with the Powerbook and the drink with the umbrella in it.
    http://www.drug-of-choice.com/

Agree? Yes No

I'd personally pick New Zealand! One of the most gorgeous spots on this planet! Lovely woods, mountain paths, rivers, streams and falls, deserts, beaches, plains, rolling green hills...all your naturistic heart desires! Two islands of pure bliss!

The New Middle Earth indeed!!
    \"You gave away your life\'s grace. I cannot protect you any more!\"

Agree? Yes No

Isle of Man????? Isn't that place totally radioactively polluted due to dumpings of radioactive waste in the Irish Sea??

Me, I will stay in Hamburg for a while, then head off to one of our branch offices in Asia or Middle East, and then find me a Brit guy and go to UK with him... (Preferably a Scottsman, anyone know any tall, single, Synthie-Popper Scottish guy?)

@ Jonna: Why did Germany 'depress the hell' out of you? You been at a hardcore Goth party??
    - LEAD ME INTO YOUR DARKNESS
    WHEN THIS WORLD IS TRYING ITS HARDEST
    TO LEAVE ME UNIMPRESSED -

Agree? Yes No

ElectroSwank : Band of Bees is from the Isle of Wight : another Island of the UK, but not nearly as cool.

Angel_h : Yes you are right : Sellafield (previously windscale) is about 25 km off our coast, and they do occasionally leak radioactivity into the the sea.

Since Kraftewerk protested against it though, things are much better :

chernobyl, Harrisburgh, Sellafield, Hiroshima
    chernobyl, Harrisburgh, Sellafield, Hiroshima

Stop radioactivity
    Is in the air for you and me
    Stop radioactivity
    Discovered by Madame Curie

Chain reaction and mutation, contaminated population
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

i think that there is some nice places in southern france italy
    i haved lived in bc for a long time all my life ,i take it for granted
    canada is a good place to live but economicaly it makes no sense.
    30 million people in a country that is a much larger land mass than the us. san antonio texas was a cool place with real nice people there.
    vancouver where i live is amazing and spectacular for its natural beauty its a hour long drive to the most rugged wilderness you will ever see.

Agree? Yes No

Dave: "I don't want to live in a place that has SO MUCH personality that I feels as if my city needs a therapist." rofl...way too funny cause its true.

I definately feel Montreal could use a therapist but for a city it has the best arts scene and electronic music scene in Canada. New Zealand was great but too isolated....despite the way we live online we still need face time. Vancouver was cool but the people there I found really insular. Montreal is very much in your face but at the same time very I admire their (only been here 4 years and most of that in complete English) balls. Regular Canadian apathy does not live here.

The music scene is incredibly supportive Anglo or French and there is tremendous fan base here to draw upon. People actually go out to shows here. So far I have worked in jazz, electronica, industrial and just got asked to cowrite and produce with a Rap artist. Its all here baby, you just have to learn to say "par exemple" and "ben OUI!" alot. This place really gets up my nose sometimes but at least I am always challenged and inspired.

god I must love this place...I can't shut up.

-neony

Agree? Yes No

I would want to live on an island...where there's just a few people...and the town is a 30 minute drive from my house.
    I'd want to live on a cliff overlooking an ocean, and live in a big house with lots of windows on the ocean side. I'd just want to live with a spouse, no kids, no job, no worries. Just the beach.
    // lost are the ones who love at all costs //

Thread Information