Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: new depeche mode album in 2005 (?)

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by NJOberheim
    I'm looking forward to a new DM Album but I really hope Dave doesn't get involved in writing songs. He hasn't for over 20 years why change the DM formula by having an input on the songs now?
    Why change the formula? Because music and artistic merit suffers when new elements are not infused or digested. Do you want 10 violators? Well, I know some people do.. I don't. I am all for change. I think change will add something to DM. I mean I love Exciter so I have no complaints about current DM but I think adding some of David's ideas to DM will only make things more interesting. Case in point - if Mart had his way ETS would have been a slow organ song. But it didn't turn out that way did it? Why? Because he took the advice of others. So is mart taking advice from others a good thing? Yes, it definately can be.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am actually EXCITED about a collaboration! It'll shake things up, give DM a new dimension! Then again, I've never feared change.

And for those who have been saying that recent dm suffers from too slow tempo songs - isn't that a perfect example of why ideas from David could be beneficial? That is the most major complaint I have heard from fans mouths for both ultra and exciter. So let David have some room - inject some of his attitude and rock. I mean look what happened with SOFAD - meeeow! Many of the new elements in SOFAD *were* david's ideas! (and alan's of course, or both heh) So Mart was knocked around and had to accept collaboration for that one.. Mart's beautiful songs and a bit of others odeas infused and what do you get? Perfection..

Listen, if many dm fans say they are not too pleased with the last few releases, or that they are too slow then what do you have to lose by mart accepting some of david's ideas? The one thing I have heard the most about david's album from so many is how similar iin many degrees t does sound like DM - so it is not like he'll be asking for metal guitar chords or some trip hop drums or anything. So there really is nothing to fear. It's exciting I think. Let's wait for the product and then decide. They are not going to release anything they don't like. They'll compromise until everyone is satisfied and that is what makes a great album.

Some optimism people! Since I got on this bloody internet in 1994 all I see oover and over again is people predicting doomsday for dm and ¤¤¤¤¤ing at each other and whining. And me being hated by a select few who decide my optimism is a bit much.. LOL. (hey but I've won so far) And you know what? The DM fanbase has not shriveled up and died like many predicted after alan left, and DM did not die or end as so many said in 1997 because the album sucked, (and now people look back fondly on it sayig it's great) nor did they split after the singles tour as so many SCREAMED, and well lookie lookie, it looks like DM will continue after Exciter and solo albums. It's always doomsday in DM internetland and it gets boring to me. I think that's why I lose it heh..

So let's hold hands shall we and await what comes next. Only then we can decide how we feel.

And if they lose a few fans with a new sound, so be it. No band keep all their fans. Cause I am sure for those that decide it's no good, there will be a new generation who will be willing to listen.

Keep Moding
    Tara

Agree? Yes No

I'm sure glad Duran Duran has resolved their differences!

**Runs away before being clobbered**
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

This probably does'nt have much to do with how the thread is going right now, but I must say I detest the upbeat tempo songs. I really hated I Feel Loved. It felt very fake and superficial. I wondered where the depth was on it.

DM does not need to stay the same, but there are some essential core things like the songwriting that I believe made DM stay around as long as they have. The changes of DM through the years have been really neat in my eyes. I really enjoy every album for its uniqueness.
    However, if Dave started writing or making the music of DM, I am afraid something will be lost. I can't say David's stuff is bad, but it definitely would not keep me around long. I need depth and to be honest Dave does'nt give me that with his songs.

Just my opinions..
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

I actually wish Duran would just end and Nick and Simon bring back Arcadia! Well, my opinion might change depending on what the new album sounds like heh..

I luurved everything from Arcadia!

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Hi Tara--don't get me wrong--I loved Arcadia, The Power Station, and the Devils...there's a few samples from the new album that can be had at http://www.secretoktoberconvention.com/downloads.html that they played in concert...

See what you think!

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

I think there's a difference between accepting IDEAS from Dave, or direction, and having him pen some of the lyrics and/or music. From what I understand, the band has always been relatively diplomatic when it comes to ideas, like Alan's input on Enjoy the Silence, etc. As a musician myself, the more input you have the better. Sometimes you can be lead in directions you may never have thought to go, which is always good. So I don't think that it's Dave's input or suggestions that are unwelcome by many, but his songwriting IMHO. I miss the formula of "Martin's the songwriter, Dave's the vocalist, Alan's the good musician, and...I bum around"...hah hah. Love that.
    \"There are no forbidden connections\"

-Roland Synthesizer Model 101 Manual

test

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dingerz
    >.
    >I thought that you were my friend. Ha! You were nothing more >than a user. I let you stay at my house 2 years in a row. I drove >you all over Southern California and back.

Hrm, I guess you are a user too seeing you stayed with me when you came to Toronto for the synthypop show - and I drove you around. So I guess we're even then. :P

Tara

That is UTTER rubbish!!! I hauled you ALL The ¤¤¤¤ over SO. Cal. I put 800 miles on my car taking YOU to places that YOU wanted to go to. I ran over a piece of plastic. Scott and Missa, whom I barely knew, were more concerned and took the time to help me. Where were you? Inside a record store pawing thru stuff trying to beat everyone else to whatever.

You stayed at my house. You slept in my room in MY BED, while I slept in the living room on the couch. You also had the unmitigated gaul to go thru my dM collection which was under my bed. I should have checked you to see if you didn't steal any of my things. I stayed at your house on the FLOOR, while you slept in a comfortable bed. Yeah, I guess that makes us even, NOT!!

You NEVER asked me to stay at my house last year. You had someone else do it. You arrived when I was at work. I had to take days off from work to accomodate you. YOU NEVER ASKED ME if that was ok. You just assumed!

Agree? Yes No

You know with all the negative issues surrounding Daves interview articles and tv shows, I don't know what to beleive. If Martin want Daves input, and Dave consents, then it certainly will draw a lot of attention to both artists. Wow, DM back in the studio, this new album is going to go platinum!!
    \'\'I heard it from my friends about the things you said.\"---------Martin L. Gore from the song \'THE THINGS YOU SAID.\'

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by MODyssey
    I can't stand going to a DM show and they've become a quasi-rock band. Live drums over all their songs just do not capture the power of what has made so many DM songs great. C'mon, live drums for NLMDA?? Dave singing like Elvis or something on the One Night In Paris DVD?? I miss Alan, and they have not been the same since he left.
    I have to agree...
    Deep inside
    You\'re the rogue
    While your soul\'s gone hiding
    Dare you say
    Here your love is won
    In your age
    Answers come
    Still you\'re undecided
    Hurting as your body comes to play
    But you keep:
    Living the same way
    Cheating your mind\'s ache
    Telling yourself your life isn\'t empty
    Seek what you want or think that you need
    But this life still won\'t be giving

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/wickedvjay/me/iris3.gif

Agree? Yes No

Jupiter 4 - thanks, I'll check the clips out.

>I think there's a difference between accepting IDEAS from Dave, >or direction, and having him pen some of the lyrics and/or music

But see, David isn't asking to pen half the album. I think david is asking for maybe a few songfs penned, but then martin can tear it apart and suggest as well. I don't see david as saying "you write 5 and I write 5 and that's that!" I always saw it as david penning a few songs and then martin suggesting to alter it until it fits with the dm album. That's all. A real collabolaration, not just two different parts.

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Ahhh, now that would be fun if the two of them could work together like that. It's the way my brother and I work, and it usually turns out well. You just have to hope that one will be willing to bend say, if Dave REALLY likes a particular lyric or change, and Martin didn't, they'd have to be able to agree. That's when it gets tough and egos and all come into play. I actually think that would be really cool IF they can do that, then I'd be all for it.
    \"There are no forbidden connections\"

-Roland Synthesizer Model 101 Manual

test

Agree? Yes No

Given how Martin hates confrontation, I don't see it happening. Dave isn't the type to take criticism from Martin. I just don't see it happening at all because Dave is fiery and wouldn't take it well. He doesn't seem the type to take healthy criticism.

Martin DOES need to open up, talk to Dave. Dave needs to accept healthy criticism. Fletch can NOT always mediate between the two men. They BOTH need to sit down, and TALK it out without agruments, flaming or anger.

Agree? Yes No

You know what...At this point, I think all of the fans need to drink a tall glass of shut the f**k up juice and chill out...Seriously, none of us "really know what's going on inside the band, but we'd like to think we do with our friends and close ties with so and so and they heard this, and someone said that...All heresy...Nothing is concrete, we all know nothing, DM are going to do what they want weather we like it or not...

This is my new opinion and conclusion in trying to understand and deal with everything DM related...I have no clue what's really going on, so I'm letting them do their thing...If theres a new album great, I hope it's better than the last two, if not hey thats cool too, we'll always have the memories...

DAN (thinks the whole DM argument thing is getting old)
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Shut the f-- up juice! LOL

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

HA HA HA!!! Yeah Jup. I had to laugh after I posted it as well...And I'm sorry for the ranting, but seriously, the arguing thing is overdone...To all of us old school fans, it's been a waiting game for what's next since the early days, so nothing has changed...I guess in the midst of all the debating and arguing, I lost track of that too...Which is why I now choose to sit on the sidelines with some popcorn and watch the carnage unfold-he he he!!!...

Oh and Steph, no worries dear, I got yo back fo' shizza

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

test

Agree? Yes No

to Dan!

Thread Information