Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: new depeche mode album in 2005 (?)

Agree? Yes No

Question new depeche mode album in 2005 (?)

According to www.depechemode.de Andrew Fletcher has been quoted saying that Martin Gore is writing new songs and that DM might be ready to enter the studio in march 2004 to work on a new album. According to Andrew Fletcher a new album could be ready for release in the spring of 2005.

Maybe all the drama of late between the dm-members has calmed?

test

Agree? Yes No

That's what I have heard. I just hope that Dave has gotten over himself by the time they go into the studio.

Agree? Yes No

It seems like Dave is usually pretty enthusiastic while doing an album and pretty negative in between albums, so everything will probably be ok once they get in the studio...

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

speaking of DM, I popped in Some Great Reward and damn, it sounds soooo fresh and new... Theyre music is just timeless...

new DM record? lets.....

Like I said b4, I think Mart will let Dave write some songs(with a little help from Blondie Gore)

I think this will be a come back DM record... I have a really strong feeling about this...

(pops in Construction Time Again)
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

test

Agree? Yes No

I highly doubt that Martin will let Dave contribute any songs to a dM album if they are like the Paper Monsters ones. If Dave does write something good, then things may be different. I just don't see Dave asking for input, nor Martin feeling comfortable giving it. I am not holding my breath though.

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

(pops in my Martin Gore live from Germany)

I guess I'm in a Demoode..

listening to "surrender"

Steph, I think Mart will let him.. I really do...

BTW

I think Martin Gore is brilliant and a genius... I luv that guy(not in a gayish way ofcourse)
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

Agree? Yes No

I think I have to agree with Stephanie. I really hope it is true though. I can't wait for a new DM album that would be totally refreshing.
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

test

Agree? Yes No

Sorry, Mark, but I don't think that Martin would let Dave write a lyrically weak song and include it on a dM album. I think that Dave's poor album sales have really made an impact. I think that he got the message this past summer.

Now, I am NOT against any musical contribution on Dave's part. He just needs to make suggestions and not bullying like he has done in the past. Both Martin and Dave need to have a LONG overdue talk and air things out. Both need to repair things that were damaged this summer.

Agree? Yes No

not that they would but they could totally sell out and go electro(how ironic is that to type?) and have Felix da Housecat produce the album.
    \"I\'m vexed yet glorious\"

www.catchingthebutterfly.com

Agree? Yes No

6 million copies of Personal Jesus 12" was sold within one year.
    That's Warner Brothers' record for the largest units of 12" ever sold. I think they started to cater to the masses few decades ago.. Felix can't even sell 100,000 units...
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

oh my god, pop didn't say anything bad about the mode!!!!

who knew!!!!! holy shizzl-6 million copies of the 12" I have that- is it the one with the pump mix?

Agree? Yes No

Personally, I am looking forward to this if it is true! Somehow I have a feeling this new album will be exceptional!

Now let's work on getting Alan to make a surprise one-time only return appearance!
    \"You gave away your life\'s grace. I cannot protect you any more!\"

Agree? Yes No

Ahh I really hope this album is a good comeback! I want to be able to have some new awesome DM to listen to. I think it wouldn't be right if Gore didn't let Dave do something more than sing but he should not let Dave write whole songs on his own. They should collaborate at the least. IMO
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Fletch:
    "Depeche Mode is the love of my life and I think the others feel the same way. We're proud of what we've accomplished and I think we've still got more really good albums in us".

How many?

"I dunno, maybe two. Rolling Stones are still touring, but their albums are dreadful. We don't wanna end up in a similar situation."

Agree? Yes No

I think they should let Fletch write all the songs for the next DM album - it may not turn out that well but at least it will be different
    Retrofuture
    www.retrofuture.co.uk

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Nevernever
    Fletch:
    "Depeche Mode is the love of my life and I think the others feel the same way. We're proud of what we've accomplished and I think we've still got more really good albums in us".

How many?

"I dunno, maybe two. Rolling Stones are still touring, but their albums are dreadful. We don't wanna end up in a similar situation."
    Thanks. That quote is funny as hell.
    \"Who doesn\'t love \"Born Slippy\"?
    -Neil Tennant on
    http://petshopboys.co.uk

Listen To The Best Broadcasts On The Internet
    http://www.geocities.com/djdaftmonk/radioegn

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Bornslippy
    I think Martin Gore is brilliant and a genius...
    He definitely is.

Originally posted by Tal`liyne
    Personally, I am looking forward to this if it is true! Somehow I have a feeling this new album will be exceptional!

Now let's work on getting Alan to make a surprise one-time only return appearance!
    I just hope it will be better than Exciter. lol

Now, if Alan came back, that would be a dream come true. (At least for me.)
    Deep inside
    You\'re the rogue
    While your soul\'s gone hiding
    Dare you say
    Here your love is won
    In your age
    Answers come
    Still you\'re undecided
    Hurting as your body comes to play
    But you keep:
    Living the same way
    Cheating your mind\'s ache
    Telling yourself your life isn\'t empty
    Seek what you want or think that you need
    But this life still won\'t be giving

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/wickedvjay/me/iris3.gif

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by VJay

I just hope it will be better than Exciter. lol

Now, if Alan came back, that would be a dream come true. (At least for me.)
    THIS IS MY OPINION

I completely agree. DM does not exist without Alan for me.

what is funny is that, after all the crap Dave said about Martin, and now they are buddies again working on new music???. I think it was all just an act to get people hyped up.
    Personally I think DM has turned into a joke.

I am not expecting anything better than Exciter. Lets just hope its not going to be much worse *woosh*

*Please POP, dont respond to my post* thanks
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

i think dm is brilliant this breakup on again of again stuff has been publicity that money cant buy.
    i think theres going to be one more album and im not sure if it will be good or bad.
    but make no mistake depeche mode will be back.

Agree? Yes No

Depeche Mode IS Fletch, Martin, and Dave's JOB and it pays better than anything they do on their own. If there's money to be made you find a way around your differences. Don't fool yourself into thinking it's much different... especially after 20+ years... they may not make what they made off of Violator but it is highly likely that on an album year each member of DM makes 7 figures...

Dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Thread Information