Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new depeche mode album in 2005 (?)

Agree? Yes No

"David's poor album sales" what?? Bwhaha.... Like that has anything to do with the next DM album!! Mart couldn't sell half as much as David so well what does that say if you are taking David's album sales into account for allowing him to take part in the next DM project? I guess Mart should give up as well.. (not really, I'm just being catty hehe..)

Anyways, I digress...

I too heard that DM are going back in the studio to make another album. All I can say is "told you so" and also, it looks like David will be included this time. I mean, DM making a new album was all based on the idea that Mart would allow David creative input. So hey - looks like the criteria was met! Good! I didn't think that Mart would be so bull headed.

I can't wait for the next album then. I think this will open up some more doors and make for a really great album. I am very interested to see what the collaboration results in. I think this whole "fight" thing was taken waaaaay out of context by some fans. But then again, solo albums by band members always creates a stink no matter who they are.

I think the whole solo thing was good for both. They have had to reevaluate the band, and where they want to go. Creative tension always makes for great stuff. (aka SOFAD)

Keep Moding
    Tara

Agree? Yes No

exactly. to this day, SOFAD gives me chills. sans condemnation. I can't hear that for anothr year. Sheeet, even Alan said Songs of Faith was the best music they had ever done.

Agree? Yes No

amen conditioner! I mean when people say DM's best is Violator? I just laugh. (alright, yeah that's my opinion but)

And I am sorry, but I just LOVE Exciter. So sorry mates, but all you Exciter haters are all naff! :P But still, I do beloeve that creative tension makes for much better stuff. So let the Martin and David collaboration begin!

Keep Moding
    Tara

Agree? Yes No

history goes to show that DM have always made their best music when the members have been at odds with each other. it's no secret that a lot of tension surrounded the making of Black Celebration. they almost broke up during those sessions. Violator and SOFAD weren't happy studios either. and it isn't just DM either, it's all artists. people tend to make their best music when they're miserable. another ex: robert smith said he was never more depressed than during the Disintegration era.. and that album (imo) is a masterpiece.

test

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dingerz
    ...(not really, I'm just being catty hehe..)

Keep Moding
    Tara
    Yes, as usual you are catty.

No, the whole fight thing was NOT taken out of context. There was bad blood between the two. There were thoughts of lawsuits. Martin and Fletch were really hurt by Dave's comments. He should have aired his griefs with them and not in the media.

Agree? Yes No

So Steph - where did you find out about this lawsuit you talk about? What is your source? I highly doubt it and if so, then my opinion of Mart HAS changed. But I think this lawsuit thing you speak of is all a farce. David has not bashed Mart ANYWHERE and has had nothing but praise - so any lawsuit brought against him would be LAUGHED out of court. Any idiot who has taken law would know that. You have to have extreme defamation of character to even start thinking about that and even so, because of mart's position as a public persona, he'd have to prove irreparable damage.

And if you say the charges Mart was thinking of bringing against David were not of david's comments on mart and fletch but for his use of DM songs on stage - then I'd think Mart and ! That would be the one thing in life for me to think less of mart. For mart to forbid David the right to sing DM songs would be more than rediculous. David's mature criticisism of mart at least has a purpose, where the forbidding of David to sing songs that he helped make famous would be downright stupid. Yeah, mart can do justice to songs like NLMDA or I Feel You... Steph, what bothers me about you most is your blatant dismissal of David's importance to DM. You think him fodder and that only Mart is needed to make DM the success that it is. That is FALSE! DM is bigger than Martin or David individually - and you completely miss that point!!!!!! *That* is why I get catty with you! You completely don't see the obvious!!

DM songs are as much David's as they are Mart's. I would be FLOORED to find out that such "lawsuit" talk was real. It would be unlikely for Mart to accept David's terms for a new album if that was a truth. (and he has so..) Methinks you've fallen for a real rumour there.. But I know why you would.

Keep Moding
    Tara

test

Agree? Yes No

Tara, if you COULD post at d-m.com, you would know what I am talking about. You can't because you were banned.

Why can't you say anything to my face rather than a message board??? You are such a drama queen and a coward. You hide behind your keyboard. I haven't blocked you on IM and would LOVE to talk to you. I doubt that you will talk to me since you won't get to have an audience like you can here. I dare you to IM me. I won't hold my breathe though.

Oh, you were NEVER catty with me. You were RUDE, malicious and bratty.

Agree? Yes No

"hissing cat noise"

Elvis says, "Whoa there mama's. Big E's gotta tell ya somethin.
    Quit mamajammin with that sinthie pop-soda pop, whatever ya call that bleepin space music, and come back to the classics. "

Conditioner says, "Hey there E. They're havin a catfight-watch and learn Karate man!"

Agree? Yes No

Steph, you are such a child. d-m.com is a board filled with hate - and I only can't post because I asked for a link to an interview with david bashing mart. When they couldn't FIND ONE - they decided it was best to shut me up. I don't play with cliques like that.

And Steph - I can so talk to you in person! You saying I hide behind my computer?? Oh my god!! I could so go on about this but I won't stoop to your level on a public board. I think I WILL address that via aim thanks.

See how you personally attack me instead of answer to my last post on this board regarding dm? That is because YOU CAN'T!! So instead you hide behind personal attacks just like those on the d-m.com board. Sad isn't it? Stephanie - this is a public board and we are having a discussion. Can you please take part instead of laying down personal attacks? I think the people on this board would appreciate it. Thanks. So please - answer to my post above regarding your remarks. Stand behind your remarks please... Noone likes someone who makes comments and can't back them up. I really am interestied to find your source for this whole "lawsuit" claim you make. Really! I think it is important.

Keep Moding
    Tara

test

Agree? Yes No

Whatever Tara. I will find all the posts that I am talking about and show you. You won't believe them though since they came from a moderator at that site. I WILL find that thread. I WILL post it.

Tell me this, why are you posting on this board? You hardly ever posted here and now all of a sudden, here you are. Did you get banned from yet another board?

I cannot wait to talk to you via IM. YOU started flaming me on another board. YOU didn't say anything to my face, yet felt compelled to flame me using MY name on a site that I didnt' ever post my name on. YOU could have talked directly to me online or on the phone, yet you didn't. Tell me, isnt THAT childish.

I thought that you were my friend. Ha! You were nothing more than a user. I let you stay at my house 2 years in a row. I drove you all over Southern California and back.

I won't post any more retorts to you on this thread. This is an excellent message board and our problems will not drag this place thru the mud. I will talk to you on IM.

Agree? Yes No

I found this on Ananova:

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment...sm_789270.html

It refers to an interview Dave gave to the Spiegel magazine that seems to have been one of those that created some issues between the band members. I also remember reading an interview myself (not 2nd hand reports via web boards...) where I found Dave to be very bitter towards Martin's attitude.

test

Agree? Yes No

Here are the posts as posted by Pete on d-m.com. These were posted by Pete:

"despite the fact that "maybe" some of daves recent comments were said to generate some sort of "hype" - dave DID upset both martin and andy - maybe upset is the wrong word - they didnt understand why dave was being the way he was - and both seemed quite hurt really.

i was quite surprised to hear that martin attended daves show - that to me is the most positive thing to come out of all of this.

fletch does get a little too carried away with his "dm making album next year" comments - but this time it sounds good - because now apparently martin has ALREADY started writing - its not a "future plan".

and fletchs recent coments also allow dave some time to recover from his tour - so the whole thing is slowly coming together.

the whole 2005 album thing is very much like ultra - its make a single and see how it "works out" - so we have been there before.

********* HERE IS THE LAWSUIT QUOTE********

If the whole story of mart vs dave was posted on the forum then you guys would have actually realised how bad things really got, and that a few months ago things were far worse than you imagined, band members were thinking of sueing each other at one point. cant say anymore about that - maybe one day the story will be told.

lets just wait and see now - this depressing era is fading now.

peter1"

Here's another one:

@ i will excite him

martin was invited to meet dave during his promotional trip in la a few months ago - martin never showed.

******however there was a brief meeting shortly after the promtional trip - where alot of bad was said - the legal stuff i mentioned.*****

martin was sent a copy of daves cd and didnt comment to the press - dave even mentioned this in a few interviews - simply saying "i know hes heard it".

martin kept his thoughts to himself - and has distanced himself from all of daves comments - something dave should have done in hindsight, it would have been easy for martin to make some comments similar to daves.

look at it this way - martin reveals his unhappiness with daves comments - they announce an inevitable split - everyone goes to see daves gigs - as they are the last way of seeing dm tracks played live - dave makes loads of cash and it paves a clearer path for daves solo stuff - for dm fans its dave gahan or nothing.

so mart going to daves gig can only be a good thing in my opinion - and i guess the man that we have to thank for remaining as impartial as possible and not taking sides is fletch, he went to see dave and went to see mart - drawing them both together again - but as soon as the chance comes along some people will slag him off for the same old reasons.

peter1"

So, see I am not just making this up. Will you apologize for accusing me of lying? I doubt it!

Agree? Yes No

In my honest opinion, someone that says Dave didn't say bad things about Martin and in fact only praised him, is living in denial. It was posted all over the web, in boards, news sites, it was in the printed press. One had to be living in another planet to not read/hear it. Either that or close eyes/cover ears every time comming across such news and shout loud "This is not true lalalalla it's all lies and I won't believe it lalalalalaal I'm not hearing a thing".
    Anyway... whatever... 2005 they say ? I'll try to keep myself alive 'till then to see the results.

Agree? Yes No

I'm looking forward to a new DM Album but I really hope Dave doesn't get involved in writing songs. He hasn't for over 20 years why change the DM formula by having an input on the songs now?

Agree? Yes No

After listening to Dave's solo album it is clear to me why Martin does the writing for DM. I'm not trying to knock Dave, he was extremely nice when I met him, and is a very talented vocalist. No Dave, no DM. But Martin has been VERY bull-headed with the way DM have done things. He is the reason why we haven't heard any real up tempo DM stuff over the last few albums. I've been told he's been dead set against anything remotely dance oriented, much to Dave's frustration. He really had to be pushed to allow "I Feel Loved" to be as up as it was. This is what I've been told from people I know who are close to the band. I'm also not bashing Mart, but he needs to let the band get back to what they do best. I can't stand going to a DM show and they've become a quasi-rock band. Live drums over all their songs just do not capture the power of what has made so many DM songs great. C'mon, live drums for NLMDA?? Dave singing like Elvis or something on the One Night In Paris DVD?? I miss Alan, and they have not been the same since he left. I'd at least like to see him produce the new album. That would be sweet. I don't think they've ever put out a bad album, but I miss the days of loving every single track. Martin is still writing great songs, but some of the latest material we've had from them has been sub-par at best. Case in point, "The Sweetest Condition", which was Martin's fav from Exciter. If someone had played this song for me 10 years ago and said, "Hey, here's what they'll sound like in the future", I wouldn't have known whether to shhit or go blind. And this coming from the guy that paid $1100 to meet them...I know it will be good, but I really want it to be great all the way through, like back in the days.
    \"There are no forbidden connections\"

-Roland Synthesizer Model 101 Manual

Agree? Yes No

>Tell me this, why are you posting on this board? You hardly ever >posted here and now all of a sudden, here you are. Did you get >banned from yet another board?

No darling, I have not been banned from any board. I have posted on here before and every once in a while I do. Must I ask your permission to post now? Am I only allowed to post in places where I post every day? I thought message boards were free for anyone to post whenever they wanted. I got back from Germany, got a bunch of cd's of the genre of this board and thought I'd check out a place I hadn't been in a while - now is that so weird??

>I cannot wait to talk to you via IM. YOU started flaming me on >another board. YOU didn't say anything to my face, yet felt >compelled to flame me using MY name on a site that I didnt' >ever post my name on. YOU could have talked directly to me >online or on the phone, yet you didn't. Tell me, isnt THAT >childish.

If you hadn't noticed - the entire dm.com board was flaming you LONG before I got there.. Afterall, you are the one that went to a David Gahan show with a "where is martin" shirt showing that your brain couldn't comprehend that a *david gahan* show is um..david gahan. Not to mention that the band and fans made fun of you guys after the show.. What you did was a pathetic little stunt and your bragging on dm.com afterwards was even more pathetic. So if you can't see why people (including me) were angry at your spread of hatred after the show - you are indeed missing a few bricks.. Not to mention your lies - saying you were tricked into getting the tickets before the album came out and so you had to go. (another nasty trick of the nasty Mr. Gahan) I am sorry, but because of the venue change - you had the PERFECT opportunity to get a refund that noone else had that tour!! I watched 3 people do it that day!! So you went to that show in SPITE and in HATE. You did it intentionally and then you bragged on a david message board! That is why people thought so poorly of you on dm.com. It certainly wasn't just me!

And I find what you have just said sooooooooooooooooo funny!!! Look who flamed who first above!! I asked for proof to your comments, which I think is fair. And I wasn't asking in spite or to be catty - I simply wanted to know where your claim came from seeing noone else regards it as truth or rumour. Then all I get in return is poison and hate from you!!

Stephanie, take your own advice!! Hrm, couldn't you just talk to my face and phone me rather than flame me on this board? HMMM??

>I thought that you were my friend. Ha! You were nothing more >than a user. I let you stay at my house 2 years in a row. I drove >you all over Southern California and back.

Hrm, I guess you are a user too seeing you stayed with me when you came to Toronto for the synthypop show - and I drove you around. So I guess we're even then. :P

Now as for DM - sure, pete's post. Well I am sorry but I won't believe that as accurate seeing how accurate d-m.com has been in the past.. (remember the rumour of dm going back out on tour for a 2nd leg of the exciter tour and everyone was already making plans when it was proven totally wrong and everyone was so UPSET?) And if this lawsuit claim was true, I am sure someone quickly told martin that suing david for his comments would be laughed out of court. Sure David has given criticism to mart in recent interviews - but there was absolutely zero trash talk or slandering at all. And yes there was praise all in between. But no slandering at all and that is *my* point.

For someone who keeps saying David shouldn't air his dirty laundry in public and standing by that ideal Stephanie - you sure went and broke that to shreds with flaming me simply because I asked you to back up your comment. So what does that make you Stephanie? A hypocrite - pure and simple.

Anyways, if this site is true in that DM are getting back to do another album then it looks like there wasn't such bad feelings betwen then. What I have always tried to say is this - DM have grown up with each other. They have fought before, and so this is no different. They are like brothers who fight all the time. They nearly broke up in 1986 over squabbles! Egos get in the way - from BOTH side of the camps. You can say that it is unfair for David to express his criticism in public, but then why is it fair that Martin can say nothing and it is alright? Relationships need COMMUNICATION. Martin is terrible at that - and it is not something most fans don't know. Does me saying that mean that I am being nasty? No! I love Martin just the same, as I accept him for his positive and negative qualities. Both Martin and David are human, they both have faults. Noone in the DM camp is a victim totally. All of them are, and you know what they are victims of? Victims of personality.. That is what is clashing right now.

Anyways, fighting over mart and david is rediculous because we know little about what is really going on and it is their fight to settle. (and it looks like it already has been settled) So for those that want to carry on any "martin is a victim" or even "david is a victim" for the matter, they are doing it for nothing.

I don't hate either. I'm glad all this came out and I am really looking forward to a new collaboration.

Keep Moding
    Tara

test

Agree? Yes No

Tara, You were banned from d-m.com. If you could log in, you would see that you are banned. You were BANNED due to your behavior.

I will discuss more with you on IM. I will be online at 10:30 pm your time.

Agree? Yes No

I was banned for asking people to prove that David trashed Martin. And when they couldn't find a quote I then asked them why they were being so harsh on David. They then blocked my work IP heh.. So no freedom of speech there.

But it's no loss man! It's the david hate board anyways. And hell, I know tons of other fans who have been banned from that board too lately for asking why so many were posting such hateful things towards David. (and I am talking personal bashing beyond the questioning of his open criticism) So I'm so not alone... I think it is sad that a part of the dm community has gone to that - especially when DM are making a new album.

That is why I like dm.com better - people have not become militant david or martin supporters. They see the faults of BOTH sides and only wish for a new album. I think that is more level headed. No extreme hatred there. I just don't understand the hatred.. I really don't. Express your opinion, think martin or david has more of a valid point, but hatred? I'll never get it..

Tara
    "..why do you HATE so much..." - mesh

test

Agree? Yes No

Oh please! You were banned because of the things you said. Of course you wont see it that way. You see things how you want to see them. That's right, Tara's the saint. Tara doesnt cause any problems.

Agree? Yes No

Stephanie - don't let this person upset you. You've been here for a long time, everyone knows you, trusts you and don't have to back up anything you say to us.

XO, Anna

Thread Information