Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I got the new And One "Aggressor"..

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by conditioner

you got to be いいin kidding. Melotron is a technoey example of synthpop, where as And ONe uses completely different gear, produced by 1 guy, (thus the ORIGINAL sound), completely different lyrical flow. Melotron is much more light in it's sound. There are many different factors in this.

So they use... different pieces of gear... and they consist of different people. I guess they do sound different. My opinion must be wrong.

and PTINc-I've never heard you say anything good about anything, any band, prettty much everything you say is horseいい. I'm not trying to start a dramatic thread, I just can't stand people who write and come across as such an egotistical いいい and think there views are the friggin kings chorus. I know people have different views. GREAT. I love that! But have a fucckkin beer and chill out. Take a walk-get some sunshine.
    I don't know....just my opinion. lighten up
    Hah... that a load of bull. I support a lot of music in terms of my wallet, my online presence, and my work with Blackout, Regenmag and Industrial Nation. If I don't support the bands that you pay extra attention to... I'm sorry. But that sounds like a YP to me.

Agree? Yes No

nah, not the bands I listen to. Just your general attitude is bull. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not talking about your musical tastes. or your commitment to the scene.

Agree? Yes No

1. You lost me conditioner. Did you buy Agressor or Not?

2. ANd why did you jump all over me when I compared And 1 to Melotron. This whole thread compares the two bands.

3. Trivia: All you guys realize the album was called Agressor back in 2001 well before all the negativity towards Bush. Possibly even before 9/11. www.blackoutzine.com has the interview proving it. I thought that might be of interest.

4. And just to clarify... Im not buying And One because I don't belive in importing music. I won't support Funker becuase they won't support their fans. Re: A Canadian only tour to spite Bush.

If I got a bad attitude... Im must be coming off the wrong way on a selected thread.

Agree? Yes No

1. I bought it
    2. I didn't jump, just reacted
    3. we're cool

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by PTInc
    Im not buying And One because I don't belive in importing music.
    Hi PT,

Im just curious, why do you feel this way? Is it because you think we should support our Domestic scene instead? (kinda like buying American cars), or is there another reason?

(Not that you should buy And One. Im not buying it either.)

Rich

Agree? Yes No

Hey guys leave PTInc alone, the man is a student and therefore probably can't afford to purchase music at import prices.

I think his point about Melotron on a previous post was valid. You can purchase Melotron albums domestically via WTII, Razorburn and their latest album thru Metropolis. Unfortunately And One does not have a similar agreement.

Virgin Superstar and Aggressor are both $40 here in Canada. My guess is if you are a casual fan of And One you are not purchasing them. However if you are a casual fan of Melotron $21.99 is much more palatable.
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well Im better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I cant compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

makes sense.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by NJOberheim

Hi PT,

Im just curious, why do you feel this way? Is it because you think we should support our Domestic scene instead? (kinda like buying American cars), or is there another reason?

(Not that you should buy And One. Im not buying it either.)

Rich
    Exactly. Why support Ane One's label (which I believe is a major anyway) when you have small labels stateside that could really use our support. ie Tinman, Art of Fact, Sector 9, WTII.

Think of it as supporting the farm system. We wouldnt have bands like A23 if they werent supported while they were on Gashed.

Personally... I will always like American bands more... cuz they are on the same team as me. THeir music is released here, the tour here... they focus their efforts over here. The more you support your scene... they stronger it will be. Id much rather see Stromkern 4 times a year than And One every 4 years.

Not to take anything away from Europe. They have great stuff over there. But that really doesn't concern me all to much being that they are an ocean away.

Agree? Yes No

I recently bought Sero.Overdose for $20 which of course translates to Y2400 before you add shipping. I had to. They blew me away. Whether I like And One that much, I don't know. I must believe in importing music, because that's all I have. Lucky for me, importing from most of the world is still cheaper that buying Japanese domestic. That's just too weird.
    A04 of SoundMine, self-proclaimed electromilitant

Agree? Yes No

How much cost domestic release in Japan? In Europe it's about 35$.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by A04
    I recently bought Sero.Overdose for $20 which of course translates to Y2400 before you add shipping. I had to. They blew me away. Whether I like And One that much, I don't know. I must believe in importing music, because that's all I have. Lucky for me, importing from most of the world is still cheaper that buying Japanese domestic. That's just too weird.
    Sero.Overdose great stuff!
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well Im better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I cant compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by PTInc

Id much rather see Stromkern 4 times a year than And One every 4 years.
    Ehehe, I'd rather see almost ANY band more than And One again. They didn't even TRY to play anything live, and their posturing was nothing short of ridiculous. I mean, I like Deutschmaschine and Panzermensch as much as the next Nitzer Ebb rip-off fan, but they were simply god awful.

Stromkern is a very good example, btw

And I'm listening to Aggressor right now. It's alright. Like most of their stuff it's kinda mediocre with a few standout tracks. Just my opinion, but all this mid-tempo dance stuff just puts me to sleep.

The couple harder tracks are alright.
    Visit deadbeatproductions.com for information on the new \"HaLO: The Best of Madtown Electro & Synth NOW!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by eurotic

Ehehe, I'd rather see almost ANY band more than And One again. They didn't even TRY to play anything live, and their posturing was nothing short of ridiculous. I mean, I like Deutschmaschine and Panzermensch as much as the next Nitzer Ebb rip-off fan, but they were simply god awful.

Stromkern is a very good example, btw

Im all about S'kern. Im really gonna miss them once Ned moves. (if he didnt already.)

And I'm listening to Aggressor right now. It's alright. Like most of their stuff it's kinda mediocre with a few standout tracks. Just my opinion, but all this mid-tempo dance stuff just puts me to sleep.

The couple harder tracks are alright.
    I gotta send your a PTI promo already. :-P I think you'll dig.

Agree? Yes No

never hear the stromker, how good?

Agree? Yes No

www.stromkern.com

Very good. Check out the downloads. The actual albums are much better. Better yet, just buy Armageddon and thank us later

And Ned already moved. He's now residing in Man Diego.
    Visit deadbeatproductions.com for information on the new \"HaLO: The Best of Madtown Electro & Synth NOW!

Agree? Yes No

I was in Germany 2 weeks ago and of course the new And One album was really being pushed. I did have a great time picking up two of their albums for $9 canadian though instead of $30-35!!
    (nordhausen and 9.9.99) Talk about a deal.

I don't mind half of And One (the serious half) but I don't like their humourous stuff. It might be funny the first time, but it is just plain silly to me after that. Having said that - they premiered the new song and video from Aggressor at the DM party in Berlin. I really liked it so I bought the single. I listened to the new album in the store though and nothing really caught me. So the single mix is far different from the sound of the album (hence why I bought the single instead) I don't mind them singing in German though cause it makes me practice my German.

Now, people have mentioned Melotron. I love them! I saw them for the first time at the Toronto SynthpopGoestheworld festival that Laz held. I have to admit, I paid the entire ticket just to see mesh and thought that the rest of the bands would be fodder. (I really like assemblage though) To my surprise many of the other bands were really good - and in particular Melotron. So I was happy to see Melotron open up for Covenant here in Toronto recently. I was happy to bumb into Andy at the Weissenfels open air fest while I was in Germany cause it was only then that I realized he was putting down postcards advertising a new album!! (I had no idea!) So I am REALLY looking forward to hearing the new album. I thought Weltfrienden was fantastic.

Damn, it pays to live in Germany when it comes to sales on new wave/industrial/ebm/whateveryouwanttocall them bands!! $9-15 canadian an album instead of $30-35..ooh yeah..

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Glad that you finally found (some of) the beauty of And One, Tara. I caught quite a bit of grief from Stephanie, Alex, and you up there in Toronto for being such a big And One fan and for And One sounding so horrible in concert. hehe

They may not be that great of a live band, but their studio albums are really good. I even like their silly songs like "Pimmelmann," "Driving With My Darling," "Sweety Sweety," etc. I don't think that the single mix of "Krieger" is too far different from the rest of the songs on the album. To me, most songs are in that same vein. "Strafbomber" and "Fernsehapparat" get kind of hard, but that's about it. I think "Fernsehapparat" is the worst song on the album. I don't like Chris Ruiz's voice at all. Too bad that he rejoined the band.

That's awesome that you found Nordhausen and 9.9.99 9 Uhr for $9 Canadian! Wish that I could buy CDs here in the US for so cheap. Sounds like you had a great trip to Germany. I think that "Men in Uniform" has a synth line that reminds me so much of a synth line in DM's "Halo."

Melotron is great. One of the main reasons why I went to SGTW was to see Melotron along with Beborn Beton and T.O.Y. I bought Melotron's new single, "Kein Problem." It's pretty good. The b-sides are good as well. "Weltfrieden" is awesome. Including the three singles that belonged to "Weltfrieden"--"Bruder," "Gib Mir Alles," and "Folge Mir Ins Licht," there were like over 20 new songs for that period. Now, they're coming out with a new album a year later since the "Weltfrieden" release. They just keep churning out new songs. I find that amazing. Plus, they're a great live band.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by eurotic
    www.stromkern.com

Very good. Check out the downloads. The actual albums are much better. Better yet, just buy Armageddon and thank us later

And Ned already moved. He's now residing in Man Diego.
    Stromkern kicks serious arse!

Originally posted by Dingerz

I was happy to bumb into Andy at the Weissenfels open air fest while I was in Germany cause it was only then that I realized he was putting down postcards advertising a new album!! (I had no idea!) So I am REALLY looking forward to hearing the new album. I thought Weltfrienden was fantastic.
    Tara I see that you are from Toronto, I am hosting a cd release party on Friday October 24th for the new Melotron "Sternenstaub" at Savage Garden in Toronto.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by I`m Not The One
    I caught quite a bit of grief from Stephanie, Alex, and you up there in Toronto for being such a big And One fan
    Yeah, but you also got a primo front row spot from a Detroit fan who, despite being exhausted from holding the spot for Mesh, managed to come back into the sauna to see And One. And I loved every minute of it, even "Pimmelmann". I really wondered why I didn't understand and couldn't translate most of the lyrics for that song, until I got home and translated it. My German teacher left me unprepared for most of those lyrics!!

Melissa

Agree? Yes No

hey - is that you Steven? Hey! Yeah, I've given And One a chance and like I said, I think they're a good band. At synthpop I just guess that Alex and I were nutbags about mesh so we weren't ready to pay attention lol..

Human Clone - thanks for letting me know! I go to Savage all the time. So I'll be sure to be there. I'm glad I found the limited edition of Weltfrieden at HMV for $20 and decided to give it a chance. See - promotion, it works!!

Tara

Thread Information