Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Johnny Cash has died...

Agree? Yes No

Unhappy Johnny Cash has died...

Totally non synth-related news:

Legendary country singer Johnny Cash has died, 71 years old, in a hospital in Nashville, Tennessee due to complications in connection with his diabetes.

The music scene has lost one of it's legends who (to me) only seemed to get better and better with age! He will be remembered and missed...

Agree? Yes No

That is bad news. I was foing to buy his last record any day now. You are true Skylla that he was a legend that grew better with age.

Martin/Marina Sirtis
    http://www.marinasirtis.net

Agree? Yes No

that's the official announcement

" Country Music Legend Johnny Cash, Dies at the Age of 71

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Sept. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Country music legend Johnny
    Cash died at Baptist Hospital at 2:00 A.M., CDT.

Johnny died due to complications from diabetes, which resulted in
    respiratory failure," said Cash's manager, Lou Robin. "I hope that friends and
    fans of Johnny will pray for the Cash family to find comfort during this very
    difficult time."

The Cash family will announce funeral arrangements."

Agree? Yes No

The original Goth...

Johnny Cash has left the building...

R.I.P.
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well I’m better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I can’t compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

I remember sitting in my brothers room listening to "I Walk The Line" repeatedly, knowing what a complete badass he was, thinking we were sooo cool cos our parents had a bunch of his albums...

That man knew how to live life...he will be greatly missed

Agree? Yes No

Truly a great songwriter and performer - he influenced artists of many genres and styles.

He will be missed.
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

the original goth indie rocker punk rocker industrial artist.

i will miss the man in black alot.
    he kept swinging all the way afet the bell had sounded.
    i hope he and is wife are somehow together in the afterlife.
    johnny cash you are the man will allways be the man.

your songs are like a grandfathers stories that you loved to hear again and again
    see you buddy

Agree? Yes No

Badass man in black -
    He was such an influence on so many people and musicians... he was is and will always be a legend.

on a personal note - I really wish now more then ever he would have gotten that award for best video of the year from MTV - I know its not like getting a grammy or anything huge, but it would have been nice for him to know someone cared and that he and mark romeneck were recognized for this amazing video.

xo, anna

Agree? Yes No

Shocked...no....just truly...sad...He's been a huge influence in my life and music...gonna miss him...

RIP - Man In Black

Styk

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Too many cool cats are dying ... not cool

Originally posted by amyagogo
    I remember sitting in my brothers room listening to "I Walk The Line" repeatedly, knowing what a complete badass he was, thinking we were sooo cool cos our parents had a bunch of his albums...

That man knew how to live life...he will be greatly missed

Joy Division did a kick ass cover of I Walk the Line, didn't they or was that someone else?

Agree? Yes No

man....

sad.... I had a feeling he knew... his very recent work, the songs he chose, the way he sang them... god he had soul.

dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

The guy from threes company died also, I think...I was half asleep and heard the news. Whats his name...Jack tripper....Yep.

Agree? Yes No

I met Johnny Cash around '96 after a show he did, here in Dublin. He was an amazing man, with incredible presence. In concert he was superb and his cover of 'Personal Jesus' was so impression (subtle, yet powerful)!!
    R.I.P

Maybe we should consider a tribute album? Any label takers (Ninthwave/ADD??).

Aidan
    Empire State Human
    www.empirestatehuman.com

Agree? Yes No

One thing I admired about Johny Cash was his seeming eagerness to work with artists of different genres. My favorite is "The Wanderer" with U2. I also got a kick he performed with a lesser known Christian punk(?) band called One Bad Pig.
    \"Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
    But desire fulfilled is a tree of life.\"
    --Proverbs 13:12

Agree? Yes No

damn, i was sure bummed when i heard the news. i will pour a forty on the curb for him....

and please, no tribute albums. let the man rest and let's not try to make money off of his death. thanks.

d
    -= | i.make.sound | =-
    -= | v01d | =-

Thread Information