Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New Synthpop Group MODyssey!!!

Agree? Yes No

Thanks Jesse and Efreak!! Comments like this only push me to keep writing! We have always done music for ourselves, but it's so nice to know that other people can enjoy our music as well.

Thanks again!!

MODyssey
    \"There are no forbidden connections\"

-Roland Synthesizer Model 101 Manual

test

Agree? Yes No

I'm a little late in my listening. I downloaded the three tracks, but I can only find Moonlight. It's an excellent track!!!!!

San Diego has produced some fine musicians!!!

Agree? Yes No

Thanks Stephanie! I was feelin' your pain over in the DM new album thread. Whew... Glad you like the tunes!!

Doug

Agree? Yes No

i heard dougs music about a year ago i thiught it was awesome we corresponded a few times , he seemed like a real decent person to.
    give it a listen.

Agree? Yes No

Thanks Bill, you've always been very friendly as well. I wish I had known about the EGN back then! Ha ha! Hope all is well!

test

Agree? Yes No

Thank you for your reply, Doug! I am going to search my computer and see if they were saved in some weird location. I definitely WANT to hear more of your music!!!! It's excellent!

Dan, you definitely have an ear for finding the good stuff!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by MODyssey
    Thanks Bill, you've always been very friendly as well. I wish I had known about the EGN back then! Ha ha! Hope all is well!

i did not know about it either.but i thimk its cool it exists.
    things have been moving along for graham and i like mad.
    hopefully things are going well for you.

Agree? Yes No

Someone out there needs to get a hold of "I Know Goodbye" and remix it. I've told Doug the song lends itself to a good remix, being the kind of track that could be broken down well to make it even more danceable! Remember, if you do, ask permission and I'm sure he'll be glad to help you out. He's busy working on the new song so I know he'd never get time to remix one of his greatest works since his the old "Precise Movement" days. He probably see this and walk over to my cubicle here and say, "Dude! what's up?" LOL! E! Seriously, I don't recall ever hearing a remix of one of his songs and it would be cool t see someone out there give it some props.
    \"Is that gasoline I smell?\" - The Crow

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ericrypt
    Someone out there needs to get a hold of "I Know Goodbye" and remix it. I've told Doug the song lends itself to a good remix, being the kind of track that could be broken down well to make it even more danceable! Remember, if you do, ask permission and I'm sure he'll be glad to help you out. He's busy working on the new song so I know he'd never get time to remix one of his greatest works since his the old "Precise Movement" days. He probably see this and walk over to my cubicle here and say, "Dude! what's up?" LOL! E! Seriously, I don't recall ever hearing a remix of one of his songs and it would be cool t see someone out there give it some props.
    How about Anything Box? Paul seems to be a huge fan, and they are one of my all-time favorite bands. I smell a collaboration!
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Mmmm...Anything Box remix...sweet...I'll keep dreamin'. Paul was really cool when we coresponded. He was nice enough to give us a plug on the A-Box website, and had nothing but nice things to say. It's great when the writer of one of my all time fav tunes (Lady In Waiting) has a great personality to match a great talent. I can't wait to hear more "Goodbye July" material.

Listening repeatedly Efreak?? What is it that you like about that song specifically? Sorry, if I had a tag line for my personality, it would have to be "curiosity killed the cat". I have to know everything.

Thanks

Agree? Yes No

I think the more you listen to the songs, the more the lyrics resonate with you...

"Thoughtful lyricism, great programming, an award-winning combination...Thats MODyssey"...

Now when you guys get uber famous and rule the musical world, remember to put that little quote on the sticker on the front of your cd's...

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by MODyssey

Listening repeatedly Efreak?? What is it that you like about that song specifically? Sorry, if I had a tag line for my personality, it would have to be "curiosity killed the cat". I have to know everything.

Thanks
    It's just damn catchy! I can't get it out of my head! Somebody please helllllllllppppppp mmmmeeeeeeeeeee.
    Jamie

p.s. A little off-topic, but I used to be a veejay at a gay club in Binghamton, NY. There were never any video releases (that I knew of) for Anything Box's "Hope" album, and I wanted to make them known; so I used to make videos for their songs using footage from old cartoons that I had collected on video. I've been a fan of theirs since "Jubilation". I know that Paul has good taste, so if he says it's worth a listen, then he is definitely correct. That you, MODyssey, garnered one of my favorite band's attention -- that in itself sells your work. (Which, IMHO, is brilliant.) There isn't one thing specifically that I can say that I enjoy about it. It just moves me. BTW, those videos that I made REALLY filled the dance floor. One of my proudest acheivements as a veejay. - j

Agree? Yes No

Hey Efreak, I would love to have a video done to one of our songs, even if you're not a VJ anymore! If you'd ever be willing to do one, go for it. I'm a cartoon junkie, so that would be awesome. I'd love to see how someone would interpret one of our songs. So glad you like!

Video ideas: "I Know Goodbye" - I'm a huge Batman the Animated Series fan - maybe something between the Joker and Harley Quinn???

Agree? Yes No

Sadly, I no longer possess the editing equipment I once had. But rest assured, If I were still a VJ, your music would be at the top of my list. Now, I need to find a tissue to wipe the brown off my nose.
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Hey wait a second Jamie dear you still got a spot right there -he he he!!! J/K

I'm so glad everyone so far has seen things like me, and agrees that MODyssey is bound for great things...I'll have to admit, I was a bit timid about bringing this news and inviting them to join us here...Theres been quite a few bands in the past that other people have introduced and gotten little attention to...

I had that feeling inside like the first time I heard Provision...I heard it, and just knew they would become great, and they have...Now with Doug and James the same thing has happened all over again...

Much success my friends, this is only the beginning

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Okay, I tried this with Erasure -- but to no avail. How about a cover over Olivia Newton-John's "Xanadu"???
    MODyssey could pull it off!!!
    Jamie

test

Agree? Yes No

I LOVE Xanadu!!!!! That would be killer. Please think about that.

Agree? Yes No

I just had visions of young blondes on old-style roller skates...Is that my imagination or actually from the movie?

Paul

Agree? Yes No

Well, Gene Kelly was one of those young blondes, but pretty much -- yes.
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Hah hah!! My first crush was on Olivia Newton-John, and I actually have a picture of her up on one of my KRK monitors!! No kidding!! Actually, if I were to do an Olivia cover, it would have to be "Magic". She's actually one of the artists I really catch a lot of hell for loving. What can I say??? It was the cheerleader outfit from Grease with the ponytail action going and singing "Hopelessly Devoted To You"...still one of my very favorite songs. God, she's beautiful. Reminds me of an old girlfriend of mine...see what you've done now!!!

Thread Information