Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: looking for this red flag album, anyone know?

Agree? Yes No

Default looking for this red flag album, anyone know?

hello all,
    im looking for a red flag album that im not sure existed or not but was told a while back that it was , i have a single remix c.d. called "machines" which is a great song with several great remixes of that 1 song . was there ever a full length album made with this track on it? would love to know the title and date before i started a search on it, and if anyone knows any links as to wear to purchase this album online would be greatly appreciated. thanx!!!
    allways remember to cover your eyes,cover your mouth,cover your ears in case the word of the lord should cause & effect this razamatazz is final.....

Agree? Yes No

you should try ebay they have bunch of synth rarities in there too.I got most of my red flag collection there and really cheap good luck

people from another planet living on earth today.....

test

Agree? Yes No

I know that the EP was included in the Megablack Box Set. I don't think that it was on any album though. I would also recommend that you check out www.gemm.com for more Red Flag singles and albums.

Agree? Yes No

Machines (1992) as far as I know was a little ep released between Naive Dance and the Lighthouse. As Stephanie said, Ebay is probably the best place to find the cd or to find the Megablack box set which also has a copy of it as well...They also had it for a time as a single from the Megablack. So any of those three would work...

However none of those are full length albums, it was never on any album...
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

Stephanie and NightHalo are correct on the Machines ep. I think the confusion stems from the supposed plans I.R.S. Records (the label Red Flag was on at the time) had to put out a full length album from RF sometime later. For whatever reason though, the label dumped RF shortly after Machines was released. The band did have some other material from that time that never got released. It was to be on an upcoming album called Remnants, but alas, there is only one (?) track that came out as Digital Produkt on the Plan B website just before the site was taken offline.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Mchines was supposed to be Red Flag's second full length LP, but turned out to only be a single when the band was dropped/left their parent label in IRS/Enigma...

The label only agreed to release Machines as a maxi-single E.P....However if you find one, get it right away, theres some great remixes from Tony Garcia who also worked with Cause & Effect around that time

try this link to get a head start toward owning it
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=43659

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Indeed, there also are a couple of other tracks from the "Machines" era (Black Rose and Lovers Unite) that are bonus tracks on the Naive Art Special Edition.

Agree? Yes No

So to answer your question concisely, no that album does not exist, unfortunately, so don't search for it. Some of the songs from that era were to be released on the planned "Remnants" release but that will not come to pass. One pre-release track called "Move On" was released on their now-defunct web-site. Two songs "Black Rose" and Lovers Unite" also from that era or prior to that era were released on the special edition of Naive Art. I also searched for that album when I found the "Machines" single but found it didn't exist. You came to the right place to get the best and fastest answer to your question. I recommend getting the tracks I've referred to for they are also very good.

Good luck!

Paul

Agree? Yes No

I have seen a few copies of The Megablack Box set in a few Tower Records stores. I know there is one in the store right near me as we speak. Also, Todd at A Different Drum may still have copies. The "Machines" CD in that box set is the original single/EP as far as I know. Wasn't IRS going under at about the time that "Machines" was released? I think it was.

Agree? Yes No

I think the box set has an additional track, "Rescue" but otherwise it's the same.

I managed to get an original Machines from eBay, although I've not got either box set to compare.

Simeon

Agree? Yes No

Dan (7red7) is right, the confusion happened to me in that time two, is written on the single that this song is also available on the full lenght album "Machines".

I spent years trying to find the album that was never released! For god internet show me that.

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Hajas
    Dan (7red7) is right, the confusion happened to me in that time two, is written on the single that this song is also available on the full lenght album "Machines".

I spent years trying to find the album that was never released! For god internet show me that.

Freddy

I know how you feel Freddy, I was trying to do the same after I got my Machines Single back in the days

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Thread Information