Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Spetsnaz and Orange Sector: Please help!

Agree? Yes No

Question Spetsnaz and Orange Sector: Please help!

Ok so awhile back, someone posted on a thread about Spetsnaz. I went and checked out a few samples by them and they are quite good in the Orange Sector type of sound. Unfortunately, not one damn place seems to have their CD in stock! Any idea where to try? Ive looked at Metropolis, Isotank, Infrarot, MNS, etc and no such luck.

Also: The last 2 Orange Sector albums I guess are long out of print now. I only ever had Flashback and Faith. Never picked up the later stuff. Any idea on where to find those as well? :/

Thanks for the help..

Agree? Yes No

Seraphic,

I apologize if you've already tried the place I'm going to mention, (but I did not see the place listed as to where you've tried so far), but you may want to give A Different Drum a try.

http://www.adifferentdrum.com/

specifically

http://www.adifferentdrum.com/review.php?n=CDCOM17

I had ordered my copy of "Grand Design" from Todd back in June, and I am guessing that he may still have a few copies in stock, (I'm sorry, I'm not exactly sure).

"Grand Design" is FANTASTIC by the way - absolutely fantastic!

\"Enter the Unknown\" - \"It\'s not too light, and not too dark either. There\'s an apparent research for the most entertaining melody, in the most effective structure, with the most irresistible beat.\" Jode @ Electroage

Agree? Yes No

Woohoo, I didnt even think to look at a different drum's site! Thanks for the tip on it ;p

Agree? Yes No

And since Spetsnaz is a Swedish band, why not check out www.hotstuff.se

(And you know what...They are from my town!! )

Agree? Yes No

I have all the Orange Sector CD's except for "Faith", although I've heard about half of it, and I think "Flashback" is by far the best.

something happened to them in between "Flashback" and their next CD called "Love It!" you can tell just by the title that it's probably gonna be a little cheesy, and it is. they decided to start writing love songs, although still in the same EBM-ish style somewhat, and they also still tried to sound tough at the same time, and it didn't work. the music is still pretty good, but the lyrics just got really horrible. so if you're big on lyrics you'll be disappointed definitely. and their last CD "Masquerade" was about the same except they weren't cheesy love songs, but the lyrics were still cheesy. they actually did a song about Mike Tyson and it's hard not to laugh just because it sounds so dumb.
    Grey Area -- the other arron...

Agree? Yes No

you can by the cd only in sweden order at SSC(subspace communication) or directly by the gyus of spetsnaz! (www.spetsnaz.tk)

it's a really great cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree? Yes No

I just picked up their cd and was blown away by it. They are a clone band of Nitzer Ebb but since Nitzer hasn't made an album in ages I figure it's fine to copy them. It is a good album, pretty repetitive (most songs have almost the exact same bassline) but still fun to listen to and lift to.

Techpo

Agree? Yes No

I somewhat knew the keyboardist when he was playing in The Hangover Project. I have their demo called Frex V. Back then he was called Ulla

Martin/Marina Sirtis
    http://www.marinasirtis.net

Thread Information