Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what's your favorite scary movie??

Agree? Yes No

I'm a huge horror movie fan. HUGE. So this question has special importance. Not one I can take lightly... hmm...

My favorite horror movie of all time is without a doubt Dawn Of The Dead. The character development is phenominal and the pacing, perfect. Not to mention effects by the master, Tom Savini.

The only other film I think comes close to taking the top spot away from Dawn is actually it's sequel, Day Of The Dead. Much darker in tone than Dawn, it's a slightly harder film to digest, but more than worth the effort. It also contains what are undoubtably the best physical gore effects ever put to film.

Now, being the jaded horror fan that I am, very few films actually manage to scare me, the last one that actuall succeeded in creeping me out was Dark Water Hideo Nakata's follow-up to Ring. It's much slower and more deliberatly paced than Ring, but when the scares happen they kick your ass all over.

Gotta stop now... I could go on all day...

Well, just a few more...

Night of the Living Dead [1969]
    The Thing [1982]
    Susperia
    Delamorte Delamore [Cemetary Man]
    The Changeling
    Return of the Living Dead
    The Exorcist [1 and 3, not 2, it's ass.]
    American Werewolf In London

Ok, ok, that's enough... If I don't stop now, I never will...
    Morally, there is no difference between a man who robs you on the street because you have what he needs or wants, and a government that accomplishes the same thing.

Glenn Woiceshyn, Capitalism Magazine www.capmag.com

Agree? Yes No

I do want to see Cabin Fever....but like 28 days later, it won't come to the small fu*khole town that i am staying in...and every time i venture to the city (Every weekend), i'm too busy going out...lol....but it looks and sounds great!

i have to mention the EVIL DEAD series...total classics!!
    for gore: Dead Alive and the Necromantic movies...
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

Aww, come to NYC/NJ, Rust... Hitch a ride!!! Put out that thumb and show those gams, baby!! No no, wait...don't do that...i wouldn't want you to get picked up by a crazy person...

Agree? Yes No

LOL...i'd probably be crazier than the person that picked me up...besides...i'm 6'4 1/2" and 250lbs...i tend to scare people...lol....i'll just load up my truck and head your way...save me a seat!! soo...have you started the countdown to the Duran's VMA appearance??? I rarely watch them other than to poke fun, but now dammit, I will have to sit through the teenagers and psuedo punk boy bands so I can see some true talent!!! Hopefully they will open the show....oops off thread again!!

Agree? Yes No

hey, who though 28 days later was scary??

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by rustcwc
    LOL...i'd probably be crazier than the person that picked me up...besides...i'm 6'4 1/2" and 250lbs...i tend to scare people...lol....i'll just load up my truck and head your way...save me a seat!! soo...have you started the countdown to the Duran's VMA appearance??? I rarely watch them other than to poke fun, but now dammit, I will have to sit through the teenagers and psuedo punk boy bands so I can see some true talent!!! Hopefully they will open the show....oops off thread again!!
    Anytime, Rust

While i am going to be seeing the VMA's at the Casa de BNI tomorrow night, i get to see my boys first tonight live and in the flesh...woo!!!

Apologies for being totally off-topic, but i guess some may consider some of the artists on the VMAs to be scary...carry on, kiddies

test

Agree? Yes No

Cool

"omen" that's a great movie, the first one, though, they're not all bad..

Agree? Yes No

What about movies that are so bad they're scarey?

Or would that be a whole other topic?
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by jetjaguar15
    What about movies that are so bad they're scarey?

Or would that be a whole other topic?
    Like Gigli?
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

test

Agree? Yes No

Thumbs up

ooh!..... i love bram stoker's dracula, i'm not into vampires of any of that ¤¤¤¤ but this movie is so good....

"love is forever"......

Agree? Yes No

The last film to give me chills was Mulholland Drive.
    \"The things you own end up owning you.\"

Agree? Yes No

Not even remotely a horror movie, but chilling in it's subject matter is "Bowling For Columbine"....funny, scary, thought provoking, sad, and infuriating....

Not so scary now, but the first movie that I remember scaring the piss out of me was "JAWS"....my parents let me watch it, and then took me to the ocean a few weeks later....i would barely get in the water and when my father swam out, I had a pint sized nervous breakdown...

Agree? Yes No

I went to see the re-release of The Exorcist with an (ex)girlfriend a few years ago. She got up to go the bathroom after a scene with a lot of blood (during a surgery or something) and 10 minutes later an employee came into the theater calling my name. Seems that she had passed out in the bathroom and hit her head. That is the most I have ever seen anyone freaked out by a movie.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Jonna
    I went to see the re-release of The Exorcist with an (ex)girlfriend a few years ago. She got up to go the bathroom after a scene with a lot of blood (during a surgery or something) and 10 minutes later an employee came into the theater calling my name. Seems that she had passed out in the bathroom and hit her head. That is the most I have ever seen anyone freaked out by a movie.
    Okay then your ex. definately wins the award for the best scare by a horror movie!!! *LOL* Wow she really passed out??? Thats impressive...The Excorcist you say??? I'll have to check out that re-issue again

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

anyone seen The Hulk? gosh was that movie draggin or what.. I've never fell asleep in the movie theatre ever... Better late than never heh..

I like SALEMS LOT... The first time I saw that film back in the 80's, I had to sleep with the lights on for a week.. It freaked me out.,.,
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Bornslippy

I like SALEMS LOT... The first time I saw that film back in the 80's, I had to sleep with the lights on for a week.. It freaked me out.,.,
    Same here!
    The image I always remembered when I was a younger, was of the kid at the window, tapping to get in. FREAKY!
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by NoirTech

Same here!
    The image I always remembered when I was a younger, was of the kid at the window, tapping to get in. FREAKY!
    yeahhh I know, that freaked me out too..

and you know what, what about the guy upstairs in the rocking chair... He was all pale, green eyes, looks like one of the band members from Rob Zombie's band....
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

test

Agree? Yes No

"red ragon" hehe

Agree? Yes No

Salems Lot...i agree about the dead kid at the window...that freaked me out so much..i still have issues about people tapping on my window...a few friends of mine have risked bodily harm because of that movie....

Agree? Yes No

When I was a young lad I watched 'Children of the Corn" alone in my basement and it scared the crap out of me!!!!

The guy with red hair was just plain creepy!!!!!!
    www.myspace.com/bravenewworldmusic

Thread Information