Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Bands you wish made one more album.

test

Agree? Yes No

Thumbs up

Originally posted by rustcwc
    not a band...but KLAUS NOMI....would have loved to see where he may have taken things...
    i absolutely love klaus nomi!!:mortified:, i would have loved to see that too, he was amazing

Agree? Yes No

How about Nik Kershaw.. "Wouldnt it be good"...

That was a good song...

Peter Schilling "Major Tom".
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

STYLE single coming out in 2006.

CD # 2, coming out in early 2007.

Agree? Yes No

You know...I love "Wouldn't It Be Good" also, and I actually have a question about it. Wasn't it remade by another band in the late 80's? I could swear I have heard two versions of that same song.
    Just wondering if you might know. Thanks!
    \"People say, You must have been the class clown. And I say, No, I wasn\'t. But I sat next to the class clown, and I studied him.\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Joe Ramey

Peter Schilling "Major Tom".
    I remember another song by Peter Schilling I enjoyed called "The Different Story (A World of Lust and Crime)". Wow. I haven't heard that in YEARS!

Jamie

test

Agree? Yes No

red flag red flag red flag!!!
    siouxsie & tha banshees:brickwall:

Agree? Yes No

Kajagoogoo...

Who was the band that did the song,

"Life in a northern town"?? I liked that song too..
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

STYLE single coming out in 2006.

CD # 2, coming out in early 2007.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Joe Ramey

Who was the band that did the song,

"Life in a northern town"?? I liked that song too..
    The Dream Academy

Unfortunately the singer died a few years ago.
    Timothy Heireth
    www.brandnewidol.com

The Electrogarden Network - Where Synthpop Goes To Die

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by menstrualla
    You know...I love "Wouldn't It Be Good" also, and I actually have a question about it. Wasn't it remade by another band in the late 80's? I could swear I have heard two versions of that same song.
    Just wondering if you might know. Thanks!
    The original came out in 1984 by Nik Kershaw and was covered 1-2 years later for the Pretty in Pink soundtrack by a band called "Danny Hutton's Hitters" .... who???? hehehe

Tones on Tail

Well they are Love and Rockets ... Glenn Campling was on bass for Tones On Tail unstead of David J ... Kevin Haskins on Drums ... add back David J and drop Glenn Campling and Love and Rockets was born..

Interesting side note: Love and Rockets was born out of a failed Bauhaus re-union. Peter Murphy backed out and pursued Dalis Car and the rest of the band continued on as Love and Rockets.

Side Note two: Glenn Campling the bassist for Tones on Tail was a roadie for Bauhaus.

~Craig

Agree? Yes No

How about Nik Kershaw.. "Wouldnt it be good"...
    Back in 99 Nik was featured on the song Sometimes by Les Rhythmes Digitales aka Jacques LuCont, which is a great throwback track :nodding:

And good ol' Nik is still plugging away as you can see here

Agree? Yes No

Default Thank you Craig! M'wahhh!!!

Originally posted by KissTheStar

The original came out in 1984 by Nik Kershaw and was covered 1-2 years later for the Pretty in Pink soundtrack by a band called "Danny Hutton's Hitters" .... who???? hehehe

Well they are Love and Rockets ... Glenn Campling was on bass for Tones On Tail unstead of David J ... Kevin Haskins on Drums ... add back David J and drop Glenn Campling and Love and Rockets was born..

Interesting side note: Love and Rockets was born out of a failed Bauhaus re-union. Peter Murphy backed out and pursued Dalis Car and the rest of the band continued on as Love and Rockets.

Side Note two: Glenn Campling the bassist for Tones on Tail was a roadie for Bauhaus.

~Craig
    Hey...thanks for answering my question about the Nik Kershaw tune! That's been bugging me for quite some time. Additionally, I am aware that Love and Rockets is essentially the same animal as Tones on Tail, but Tones on Tail sounds different to me. Dunno why. Maybe they were all just in the mood to write darker songs with that project?
    Anyways, thanks again for the info!
    \"People say, You must have been the class clown. And I say, No, I wasn\'t. But I sat next to the class clown, and I studied him.\"

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Thank you Craig! M'wahhh!!!

Maybe they were all just in the mood to write darker songs with that project?
    Daniel Ash was going for more of an Ambient type sound with Tones On Tail ... and Love and Rockets was intended to be a modernized version of what Bauhaus might have been. So you are right

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by CRISTAL FAN
    Perfidious Words
    Belief
    Michigan
    Nitzer Ebb
    Camouflage
    Neuroactive
    DeVision
    Elegant Machinery
    Venus Hum
    Kiethevez
    Depeche Mode? (No if they make a Papermonsterized or another Exciter album...)
    Well.. We're working on the next album right now..

Agree? Yes No

Strawberry Switchblade and Alice Deejay
    \"Is that gasoline I smell?\" - The Crow

Agree? Yes No

Alice Deejay had two singles come out after Who Needs Guitars Anyway...I've never been able to get them though, I don't know if they were a promo release to DJ's or not...Theres no catalog number on them...I do know theres a station here in Los Angeles that plays both songs, and when I've called in, they have confirmed on both songs that they are in fact Alice Deejay...They said it was from a forthcoming album, but I have yet to see it...

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Thanks for the tip! I've been on their site and it did mention the split up, the creators of the band, Pronti and Kalmoni, are doing a new thing now, guess there was too much friction between the girls or something. Oh well, it was still a good album to me! Thanks again!
    P.S. like the avitar? MODyssey did some photoshop work for me!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ericrypt
    Thanks for the tip! I've been on their site and it did mention the split up, the creators of the band, Pronti and Kalmoni, are doing a new thing now, guess there was too much friction between the girls or something. Oh well, it was still a good album to me! Thanks again!
    P.S. like the avitar? MODyssey did some photoshop work for me!
    Thanks for the avi compliments!!!

You know I think that maybe the DJ said Alive Deejay because it's one of the girl's new solo singles...Maybe they figured thats what I was talking about...I'm going to check more into it

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by 7red7

Thanks for the avi compliments!!!

You know I think that maybe the DJ said Alive Deejay because it's one of the girl's new solo singles...Maybe they figured thats what I was talking about...I'm going to check more into it

DAN
    Please do, Dan! I'm dying to hear something from at least one of them!!! I was listening to "WNGA" just today in the car!!!
    Jamie

Thread Information