Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iris Update

Agree? Yes No

Default Iris Update

Reagan sent out a update to the Irismusic yahoo group yesterday. In it, he mentioned the upcoming "Reconnect" cd, as well aas some upcoming shows, and the european release of "Awakening". But, he didn't say anything about the remix album that Diffusion announced. I wonder why?
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

test

Agree? Yes No

From what I have heard (read), Andrew said that the Awakening remix album has been pushed back a bit slightly. He's really busy with projects and work, so I wouldn't worry much about it. I could be off slightly though. I just got back from vacation and the time change has me all off.

Agree? Yes No

Lightbulb

You can find a little bit more information about the upcoming european Iris Releases at http://www.infacted-recordings.de

Greets yabba

Agree? Yes No

are the people behind lights of euphoria the same as the people behind yabbas?

if that's so i had noooo idea.

Agree? Yes No

Wink

It's the same Webmaster

Agree? Yes No

[Awakening by Iris, EUROPEAN EDITION]

Infacted Recordings will release a special european edition of the new IRIS (US, electropo band) album "Awakening". The CD will feature 3 (!) bonustracks!!! Release around end of october 2003. More details to follow! http://www.infacted-recordings.de

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by yabba
    [Awakening by Iris, EUROPEAN EDITION]

Infacted Recordings will release a special european edition of the new IRIS (US, electropo band) album "Awakening". The CD will feature 3 (!) bonustracks!!! Release around end of october 2003. More details to follow! http://www.infacted-recordings.de
    This kind of scares me since Infacted Recordings seems to be yet another fly by night label "founded" by Torben Schmidt. Looking at their website bio, it says the label was founded in 2003 by Lights Of Euphoria aka Torben Schmidt aka the same guy caught in the firestorm of Zoth Ommog's demise aka the same guy who then started & closed Bloodline AND never paid ADD for their Echo Image licensing in Europe aka the same guy who founded the Dying Culture label who has not released 1/2 of what they said they would including Namnambulu & the lastest "best of" 2CD XMTP and looks to also be dead. I've never seen one guy attached to so many defunct/broke labels who has screwed so many artists and continues to still get away with it by starting new labels every 6 months when the old ones fold.

I really hope Iris/Diffusion played their cards right on this deal and did the homework of who they're working with.

test

Agree? Yes No

Oh, God! I hope that iris won't get screwed with this guy! I hope that he has changed his tune. Seeing this has me worried.

Does anyone know what the three bonus tracks from Awakening are? I guess I will have to order this cd and hope that it arrives safely in my mailbox.

Agree? Yes No

The CD will feature 3 (!) bonustracks!!!
    Damnit! Now I have to buy ANOTHER Iris CD .

Why don't you guys go on a European tour to celebrate :P . If you atttend Holland or Belgium, I'll be there.
    2003 wannahaves:
    The Alpha Conspiracy - Aura
    Iris - Awakening Remix CD
    CTRL - Lose the Image
    2nd Low Technician\'s Album
    Orbital - Octane OST

Check out my V Space winamp 2 skin
    Check out my Alpha Conspiracy winamp 2 skin

Low Tech winamp skin - WIP

test

Agree? Yes No

No, they have to come to California before they can go to Europe! California first, Europe second!

Agree? Yes No

no no no.. its Canada first.. then California.. and then Europe.

Agree? Yes No

Wow, you guys are really messed up. It's Chicago, THEN Canada, THEN California, THEN Europe.

duh!

(And yes, I do realize they played 3 hours from here last weekend, but I had to be at my parents' house in the Quad Cities, so that doesn't count )
    \"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.\"
    - Homer Simpson

test

Agree? Yes No

No, no, No!!! It's California, THEN, all the other cities.

Agree? Yes No

I think it's whoever offers the band the most money to play there first!
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

test

Agree? Yes No

I wonder how much they do charge? I would seriously consider plunking down the money just to get them out here. Sigh! They would probably hate that though because I would ask them to play almost every song of theirs plus Vacant about 25 times.

Agree? Yes No

well Stephanie... let me give you your first promoting lesson... once you pay the band to come out, you dont have any say in what they play..

and i just want to say HAH! to all of you because i have a member of Iris living within 5 minutes of me and i can see him whenever i want

so TAKE THAT!

Agree? Yes No

I hate you .
    2003 wannahaves:
    The Alpha Conspiracy - Aura
    Iris - Awakening Remix CD
    CTRL - Lose the Image
    2nd Low Technician\'s Album
    Orbital - Octane OST

Check out my V Space winamp 2 skin
    Check out my Alpha Conspiracy winamp 2 skin

Low Tech winamp skin - WIP

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Axis of Eville

This kind of scares me since Infacted Recordings seems to be yet another fly by night label "founded" by Torben Schmidt. Looking at their website bio, it says the label was founded in 2003 by Lights Of Euphoria aka Torben Schmidt aka the same guy caught in the firestorm of Zoth Ommog's demise aka the same guy who then started & closed Bloodline AND never paid ADD for their Echo Image licensing in Europe aka the same guy who founded the Dying Culture label who has not released 1/2 of what they said they would including Namnambulu & the lastest "best of" 2CD XMTP and looks to also be dead. I've never seen one guy attached to so many defunct/broke labels who has screwed so many artists and continues to still get away with it by starting new labels every 6 months when the old ones fold.

I really hope Iris/Diffusion played their cards right on this deal and did the homework of who they're working with.
    hmm, "Axis of eville", how told you that so far away from here.
    First of all I am not Torben or some others in the music buisness. I am first the Webmaster of all this sides and an fan of this kind oft music.

In your posting you have facts and fictions.

First of all:

Zoth Ommog: Zoth Ommog crashes a year after Torben leaves the Label. Thats the fact, thats a long time after.

Look for the true story at the Zoth Ommog tribute Page: http://www.zothommog.de

Second:

Bloodline becomes Trouble after their distribution in germany goes down and stopt releasing Music. Stopped is not go death. After some juristic problems, I think Bloodline comes back in this year. Torben was only the A&R of Bloodline not The finianciel part of Firm. If Echo Image don't get here money so please tell them, that the most told with Andreas Graef over that not on an Internet Forum ;-), i have only heard about bands that get their money right paid (plastic assault, melotron, in strict Confidence, nvmph, funker vogt usw...)

Third:

Dying Culture was a part of UCMG Music, an leading techno company in germany. After the break down in the techno music scene last year they get in trouble. All Releases was stopped for an while.
    Dying Culture was sold to Mole Music an get an new distribution Contract with EFA.
    All the releaes for you so long wait comes out this autuum. Dying Culture is not Torbens own firm they are also work their as an A&R Manager.

Fourth:

NamNamBulu is released in germany at the 14.07.2003 from Infacted with the soulfood/Sony distribution in germany. You can get the CDs in US via http://www.copint.com or other importeurs.

Five:

Infacted is torben own new company and an Sublabel of Dying Culture thats true :-) At time you can get following releases:

NamNamBulu - Memories DJ Promo limited to 500 (Sold out), a few exemplars via : http://www.namnambulu.com

NamNamBulu - Distances CD
    Lights of Euphoria vs NamNamBulu - 7"Vinyl limited to 500 its in Preorder

Greets yabba
    http://www.yabbas.de

p.s sorry for my bad english

test

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by technosapien
    well Stephanie... let me give you your first promoting lesson... once you pay the band to come out, you dont have any say in what they play..

and i just want to say HAH! to all of you because i have a member of Iris living within 5 minutes of me and i can see him whenever i want

so TAKE THAT!
    Well, I have someone who I think is just as cool living here in So Cal as well. So, ha to you!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by technosapien

so TAKE THAT!
    Hmmmm, I ... *zip* Never mind. ;-)
    I don\'t advise
    and I don\'t criticise
    I just know what I like
    with my own eyes...

Thread Information