Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Favorite Live Song(s)

Agree? Yes No

Smile Favorite Live Song(s)

After being a casual observer of this group for some time now, and with iris playing shows again, I felt the urge to ask this question:

What song(s) would you most and least like to hear live from iris?

(Please don't give the sappy answer, "oohhh, I would want to hear all of them!")

Cheers,
    eeb

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any online arguments that may occur as a result of this question.

Agree? Yes No

well, they're my 3 fav iris songs so i guess i'd have to say..

vacant
    in spite
    everybody is life

test

Agree? Yes No

They played almost every song that I wanted to hear live when I saw them in San Antonio back in May. Unfortunately, they didn't get to play Saving Time, Everybody is Life and You're the Answer due to time constraints. That wasn't their fault though. The show was phenomenal so I wasn't at all displeased. I just wish that they were the headliner instead of Covenant. They were in my eyes though.

If I had to pick a few songs that I would like to see them do, I would pick:

Vacant
    Everybody is Life
    Lose in Wanting
    Annie, Would I Lie to You
    Saving Time
    Waves Crash In
    Island
    When I'm Not Around
    Whatever
    Unknown
    You're the Answer
    Vacant
    Vacant
    Vacant
    Vacant

Songs I would skip:

Loom (I just can't get into this song)

Sorrow Expert (that's the only song on Awakening that I can't get into)

Iris are incredible live. I finally got to see them and they were soooooooo worth the wait!!!! I had the time of my life. Reagan's showmanship is incredible. Andrew and Matt rocked on the synths. Blitz's drumming was fabulous. The show was short but it was a packed show! I am sure that they had a hard time deciding which songs to play and which to leave off. I know I would!

Agree? Yes No

YES: Annie Would I Lie to You - yes, I know ... the classic. But each time I've seen Reagan perform this song he, and the audience, are just going crazy. The energy is prevalent. Plus it's just an all around great song.

NO: Sorrow Expert - Great song, but my least favorite. I think maybe I've just been listening to it for too long now. Still a good song, just wouldn't want it on the setlist because there are too many other good ones in front of it. Ya know?
    I don\'t advise
    and I don\'t criticise
    I just know what I like
    with my own eyes...

test

Agree? Yes No

Annie is such a great song! I am sure that the band is tired of doing it, but it's such an energetic song. I love it to pieces! They are soo good live. I wish that I could see them in San Antonio but it doesn't look good at all for me.

Agree? Yes No

Shove the rest! "We Are Glass - Gary Numan" it was the first synthpop hit and I'm still waiting for a song to match it in Production and muscianship ..yes there was synthpop before Vince Clarke (which i do worship) Live it so damm amazing and seeing all these nu-mettlaers-goths -industrialsits blanataly saying why is this not played in clubs enough every numan concert or 3 times a week i hear th same damm quote...Live i dont think this hit can be matched because unless you wrote a song with such a kick in 1979 released in 1980 ...Had the worlds biggest ever satge set ..dont even try go there he played it as an outro in 1981 at GARY NUMANS farewlell concerst he was and has outlasted anyone on the scene apart from john foxx! We are glass kicks ar*e! Makes 98% of synthpop look pathetic i love human leauges Being Boiled/empire state human live and softcells memrobillia
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Urrrrr....what? Sure you got the right thread, KB?

Anyhoo, I'm surprised that people aren't into "Sorrow Expert" - I love that song.

Songs I would want to see, among others:

When I'm Not Around
    Sorrow Expert
    Vacant
    Island
    Waves Crash In
    Annie, Would I Lie To You
    The Worst of Nights
    Everybody is Life

Songs I wouldn't be all that enthused about:

Loom
    Saving Time
    The Picture
    You're the Answer
    \"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.\"
    - Homer Simpson

test

Agree? Yes No

I have a video of a festival that iris played back in 2000. Saving Time and The Picture were two of the songs that they did. I was extremely impressed with how incredible both songs sounded. The boys are incredibly talented and a live show just showcases their amazing talent! :nod:

Agree? Yes No

The picture is actually one of my favorite tracks from Disconnect. I would love to see that live.
    I don\'t advise
    and I don\'t criticise
    I just know what I like
    with my own eyes...

Agree? Yes No

We might could be talked into playing "the picture" in SA next month. it was discussed last weekend. you might want to lean on a certain friend of yours....;-)

matt

test

Agree? Yes No

You lucky people in Texas!!!! Oh well, we had Martin Gore for two nights, so I guess it's fair to share the musical wealth.

Agree? Yes No

Tracks I'd love to hear:

Unknown - One of the most awesome songs on awakening, only it's a shame the demo clip was even better (in my opinion).
    Sorrow Expert - My no. 1 favorite
    You're the Answer
    Sentimental Scar
    Wait Move On - It took some time for me to get into this song, and hear the transition from Alpha Conspiracy to Iris in production (which Brad pointed out some time ago). Now I think it's one of the best songs on awakening.
    Vacant
    Loom
    Saving Time

Songs I DON'T want to hear:

Whatever - The worst song on awakening. I always skip it. I don't know what I don't like about it, it just isn't good. Feel free to flame me now.

When I'm not around - My second least favorite awakening song. Usually, it just sounds way too mushy and sentimental for me. I like happy Iris songs, but I prefer Loom's style. I listen to it when I'm in a 'romantic' mood though.

The Picture - Too 80's sounding.
    2003 wannahaves:
    The Alpha Conspiracy - Aura
    Iris - Awakening Remix CD
    CTRL - Lose the Image
    2nd Low Technician\'s Album
    Orbital - Octane OST

Check out my V Space winamp 2 skin
    Check out my Alpha Conspiracy winamp 2 skin

Low Tech winamp skin - WIP

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by matamoris
    We might could be talked into playing "the picture" in SA next month. it was discussed last weekend. you might want to lean on a certain friend of yours....;-)

matt
    Interesting, Matt. Very, very interesting indeed. Maybe I'll hit him up this weekend. Maybe ... pull some strings.

Side note: Anyone watching the MVA's tonight? 50 Cent's on stage as we speak, (quick now, take a moment). I'm curious, why do the men wear floor-length, fur coats while the woman wear string bikinis? It's not like they're trying to pull off something 'different' or a trendy "fast one" on us. It's all very confusing. It's like, just pick a theme already and stick wit it. MTV is amusing. I'm not picking, just provoking thought here. I'm an avid fan. *dodging tomatoes*. That was actually supposed to be serious.

HAIL MADONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    I don\'t advise
    and I don\'t criticise
    I just know what I like
    with my own eyes...

test

Agree? Yes No

Totally on the side note here:

Kelly, is the song that you were listening to above the "Birfday" song by 50 cent? I was in Michigan for a month this summer and that's all my friends talked joked about. We listened to TONS of Roy D. Mercer, Mojo in the Morning Phone Scams, and about 2 seconds of a 50 cent song, but I don't know the name of the album that has the "Birfday" song.

Back on track, iris rules!

Agree? Yes No

ONE last comment before closing shop here ...
    Last summer was a haze of Nelly. This summer is a haze of 50 Cent. Both bring memories of lake-time partying - cruising across the lake in my friend's boat while my girlfriends and I sat in the back singing It's gettin Hot in Here and Hey SHORTY. The sound system was "rocking", if you will. It took me a while to adapt, but by the end of last summer, I was used to the music and actually enjoying it. "If you wanna take a ride wit me blah blah something something" ... the beat takes you and the words fade. At least after a couple of Mandarin and 7's.

Roy D. Mercer ... is ... funnay! "He might as well 'a had a dab 'a honey behind each ear" ...

Now, back to IRIS!
    I don\'t advise
    and I don\'t criticise
    I just know what I like
    with my own eyes...

Thread Information