Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Roland Hs60

Agree? Yes No

Default Roland Hs60

Have any of you played one of these? I've read it's just the same as the Juno 106 but the "home" version. I'm thinking about getting a Juno 106 or maybe this depending on which I can find in good shape for a decent price.

Techpo

Agree? Yes No

I have a 106 : as far as I know the hs is identical, but has speakers built in.

Never seen one in the flesh though !
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

Have you ever had trouble with chips going bad in your 106? That is the thing that scares me about getting one. I've heard horror stories about people buying them on ebay to find out a chip or two is going bad.

Techpo

Agree? Yes No

The voice chips and filter chips are pretty reliable, but It can happen.

The 106s are more reliable than many other synths of the vintage due to their extreme simplicity.

You can put them into check mode to cycle through all six voices. though to check before you buy.

If you are worried about reliability, then a novation A station has a similar sound architecture and is cheaper than a second hand juno.

I dont know why the juno has shot up in price since william orbit mentioned he had one : Ive never heard one on one of his records ! LOL

Seriously : if you are not into opening up synths and retuning filters and occilators via the internal pots, think twice before going the vintage route.

//// What out : snobby comment comming , which is not aimed at you or anyone else on the board.

People often show me vintage stuff they have got off ebay like sh101's moog rogues , cd5's and so on turn them on and tell me about the classic sound.

However, the instruments need adjustment to their linearity and filter tracking pots over time , and need to be recalibrated. They dont realise they are playing a really awefully calibrated machine, and tell you the sound is far superiour to a V/A like the A station or supernova or whatever. But it sounds terrible, yet they think its ace.

//// snobby rant over !
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

Are you looking at one of the HS60s on e-bay?
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Roland Hs60

Originally posted by TECHPO12
    Have any of you played one of these? I've read it's just the same as the Juno 106 but the "home" version. I'm thinking about getting a Juno 106 or maybe this depending on which I can find in good shape for a decent price.

Techpo
    We (Provision) own a HS-60. It is identical to the Juno-106 but it has speakers. You can disable them by plugging something into the headphone jack. Like a small 1/2 inch headphone adapter.

They sound exactly the same and have all the same features.

I have never had any problems with ours.
    It is pristene.

I think the HS-60 looks better with it's steel gray color as opposed to the Juno 106 which is gray, and has blue, red, white and yellow. Too many colors for me personally.

Breye 7x / Provision
    Section 44 Records
    Los Angeles Denver Houston
    http://www.section44.com

Thread Information