Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Age Matter???

Agree? Yes No

I think in my early 20's I was very sheltered and optimistic about the world... late 20's I started going through all kinds of problems preciptated by a "spiritual death", as a result my outlook had to completely change, I had to cross the mountain, so to speak, and the journey has not completely ceased.

So I don't know how it is to communicate back on the other side. I'd think deep communication is the foundation of any relationship, is it not?

No, the underlying problem would be this: no matter how wonderful or pure she is, I think I would defile this purity in some way, feeling a tremendous guilt and perhaps a resentment because I cannot quite recapture the purity for myself, in fact because I still long for it. Then there would be the nagging question: am I merely *using* her to get back certain parts of my life I can't quite leave behind?

Being never able to fully explain this predicament, I think the relationship would fail due to so many things left unsaid, or unsayable, manifesting in some trivial argument or other.

In some ways, this relationship would be no different from pedophilia, involving the idolation of youth and beauty for its own sake. As a result, I guess I feel at home only with those who have been spiritually damaged in some way, but that kind of damage can come only through the years. I sense it a lot in people who are older. It's not a good thing.

Agree? Yes No

I have to agree, age doesn't matter as long as it is legal. My boy and I are 3 years apart and that works well for us. However just keep in mind that men and women's average age expectancy is different. So for those who don't want to be a widow, keep that in mind. But in a way that doesn't matter either if it is love.
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

Could be worse. I had a rabid 14 yr old after me once...

Fortunately, the possibility of being in jail overshadowed the prospect of having an entirely too young gf.

Agree? Yes No

As long as you are both on the same intellectual level, I don't see a problem.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Does Age Matter???

Originally posted by 7red7
    [b]Does age matter in your choosing relationships??? >
    Age matters... only if you allow it to get in the way! Just like every other trivial thing that human beings allow to affect their decisions..ie, religion, race, social status, money, aesthetics..blah..blah..blah!!

As long as you are two consenting ADULTS...then what is the matter!!

Agree? Yes No

If you are not a faculty member and she is not a student...if she is not married, less than 18 years of age (exception: Kentucky, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, parts of Florida and Riverside County, California) you should follow your heart...just like the Billie Jean avatar!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

I'm a firm beleiver in the saying "Age is just a number." What matters is the maturity level.....

I'm 22 and personally, I don't like many people my age. I've almost *never* been able to get along with them. I think alot of that really has to do with the fact that I've been through a lot more in the same amount of time than they have, which is why its not really fair to judge a person by their age. Most of the guys that I've dated have been at least 5 years older than me. I do have a few friends my age, but I tend to enjoy the company of my "older" friends the most.

Word of advice though.... keep the "young" jokes to a minimum. Not sure if you ever make them to her but a few of the older guys that I've dated had a habit of always doing that.... and really it only reflected their immaturity, not mine.

I couldn't agree more with the last line of cliffwalk's message. Sure there might be differences between the two of you (career wise for example) but those are only because of time.... not maturity. Think about it, if age was really a problem, would you two have ever hit it off as well as you did?????

krystal

Agree? Yes No

go and do the love thang 7red7 what you waiting for...otherwise kirlian blue might be in america and mmm my english voice well im a heartbreaker lol ...go on son get with her be happy mate shes more than descent by the sounds of things get som love action lol
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Thanks for asking this question. I am 31 and recently divorced with 4 kids. yesterday an 18 yr old asked me out. I haven’t dated for 10yrs and was a little concerned about the age diff. This tread makes me feel a lot more confidant.
    Thank you.
    Honor above all

Agree? Yes No

The whole age thing depends on the situation. My fiancee is 24 and I'm (as of tomorrow) 33. We met at work which is generally not a good idea, but it worked for us. We became good friends and things progressed, but we never talked about age. She assumed I was in my early to mid 20's and I assumed the same about her. When we found out how old each other was, it was too late to matter because we liked each other too much to care. And here's the kicker of it all. We were hanging out after work one day and she said she had to get home by her curfew... that's when We had the age talk.

19! which made me a creepy 28 year old kid toucher! When I lost my virginity she was losing her baby teeth. Oh well.
    Timothy Heireth
    www.brandnewidol.com

The Electrogarden Network - Where Synthpop Goes To Die

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Tim_BNI

19! which made me a creepy 28 year old kid toucher! When I lost my virginity she was losing her baby teeth. Oh well.
    See now when you put it like that it starts sounding creepy!!!

We're quite happy though, and we're going out again tomorrow night

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

He he, if that sounds creepy, when I was 19, I dated someone who was 36...so when he was in high school I hadn't even been born yet. (The relationship didn't last long, btw.)
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Yeah it's funny...I thought about it for a second, but it passed...I just look at it now and realize we're both very much adults...

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

You should rejoice the fact that both of you are in love with each other at same time. Most of my life has been somebody loves me and I can’t return the equal favor or I am in madly in love with someone and she doesn’t feel a thing. You should be happy.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Ugh, I can relate to Pop. Should we start another thread where we can b.itch about our relationship disasters?
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

one of the best relationships that i have ever had was one in which i was 19 and he was 26....the only thing that kept it from working was distance...we were about 500 miles apart..i have always prefered older...both when i dated woman and now as i date guys (well...the small amount of dating that i can do in the middle of nowhere...)...go with it tiger!!! age is nothing..well unless you're r. kelly....
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by pop
    You should rejoice the fact that both of you are in love with each other at same time. Most of my life has been somebody loves me and I can’t return the equal favor or I am in madly in love with someone and she doesn’t feel a thing. You should be happy.

Your so right Pop, thats how it's been for me most of the time too...Trust me though, I'm really happy with her, and I'm excited to see where this relationship will go

Originally posted by rustcwc
    one of the best relationships that i have ever had was one in which i was 19 and he was 26....the only thing that kept it from working was distance...we were about 500 miles apart..i have always prefered older...both when i dated woman and now as i date guys (well...the small amount of dating that i can do in the middle of nowhere...)...go with it tiger!!! age is nothing..well unless you're r. kelly....
    I'm really fortunate as well because although I'm starting a new job and won't be around her at work everyday, we live in the same city only 15 minutes away I also tend to date older than me...It's nice to know that there are younger women out there that want a nice guy and got sick of the idiodic games in high school

DAN

Agree? Yes No

Me and the 37 year old guy is still seeing each other.
    I don't know why he is so interesting, I mean, we don't really have a relationship, we're only good friends...and something else... I don't care about age at all.
    And I don't like age-limits. here in sweden u gotta be 15, or else it's not legal having sex. I mean, hey give up, it's my body!! If I want to have sex when I'm 12, let me have it. Just as long as I know what I'm doing.

Agree? Yes No

Be careful Avil...don't encourage anyone on this board!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Jupiter 4
    Be careful Avil...don't encourage anyone on this board!
    lol and who would that be? I'm sure we all are decent people....

Thread Information