Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Red Flag Themes

Agree? Yes No

Talking Red Flag Themes

Okay it has been too quiet around here lately. So here is a question;

what is your favorite Red Flag theme? By theme I mean a subject that occurs over and over or in several songs that you like a lot for some reason.

My favorite themes of Red Flag are the ocean, dreams, and unique ways of expressing a relationship like in The Game for example.

The Lighthouse has the best ocean theme in my opinion, however it comes up again in many of the albums such as the Bitter End.

Dreams come up a lot of in many of the albums but Caveat Emptor and Fear of a Red Planet seem to be the ones that stick out to me..
    I like the dream theme in the song the Web the best. I really has an atmosphere of dreams and possibly troubled sleep.

So what theme sticks out to you?

Agree? Yes No

Great question, Halo...you're right, it has been too quiet in this forum lately, but I couldn't come up with anything interesting to post about , thanks!

I like the whole subconscious/dream theme that comes up in all the albums except for Naive Art (?). Mark did say something in one of the websites about him and Chris being dreamers, so it would make sense that it pervades their music. Lighthouse was the most obvious of the CDs with this theme (also because it had a strong ocean theme...water represents the subconscious to some). But all the other albums had at least one song about dreams.

I think Mark must have suffered from insomnia fairly regularly, because besides "The Web", "Tik Tok" and "Mathematics of Tears" (just off the top of my head) also refer to troubled nights.

The romantic side of me also enjoys the relationship themes, where several songs express a longing for someone who keeps you going.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

I'd have to agree with the ocean recurring a lot...A lot of that might have to do with the fact that Mark and Chris are avid surfers, and huge ocean lovers...I luv's the ocean too...And oh yeah Lighthouse definately carries an ocean theme...I love playing it driving out to Huntington Beach

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

their accusations a faded scrawl....

i was thinking about how much i like the king of everything.
    the thing that makes me love red flag that much is -i think- just what they intended to create. that's why i spoke about that explosion in inner sea. or lullaby for a restless girl that's one of my favourite. i remember kathy saying that one of her favourites was so lie with me, and i really understand it, it's the atmopsphere....the truth will set you free, so lie with me lover...

i can't tell my favorite song. it's impossible. but i'm sure that one of the songs that express exactly something that i love about music, the prefect enviroment is "sundown", and about caveat emptor, well....the web, collide. don't you love collide? i'm sure marion does....

and the subject? wow...one plus one equals love...

it must be somewhere....
    hear no evil -monkey 1 says you shouldn\'t hear it-
    see no evil -money 2 says you shouldn\'t see it-
    speak no evil -monkey 3 says you shouldn\'t speak it-

Agree? Yes No

I love the ocean theme. Guess I'm just a sucker for the sound of waves and sea gulls. When "The Lighthouse" came out I was working at an electronics store selling stereos. I brought the CD in to work where I listened to it for the first time. this guy I worked with who was always high on something laid there on the floor listening to 'Things We Say'. When it was over he got up and told me "That blew my mind!"

Agree? Yes No

one plus one, when i listen to it i'm, in heaven.................floating

Agree? Yes No

where are you alycia? i miss you...

Agree? Yes No

Alejo: Right here.

Auz: Lighthouse is wonderful, if I meditated I would mediate to it because it is soo pretty and the atmosphere it creates seems so heavenly...
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

my friend says that the lighthouse has the poorest drums. that the production without the company was worst.

i love what they did.

it always got into my skin

Agree? Yes No

Now imagine if they had reproduced the album in even better quality! Wow that would have really been awesome
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

about the red flag theme...i'm decided to write something coherent for once here.
    i think i know what you mean, it's like in wind and sea. that's such a beautiful way to express something. i was thinking the other day that there are sites of the bands that are not very popular where people talk about the band but it's nothing like the devotion i feel. i love a lot of music, i love a lot of bands which have forums here; alphaville, camouflage....
    but there's something about them, he had this sense of......(....)...
    and this voice. i'm completely obsessed, sorry.....i can't be coherent yet.....i'll be as soon as i can......

Thread Information