Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State Of Synthpop 5 Cd Boxset

Agree? Yes No

Default State Of Synthpop 5 Cd Boxset

Have you seen this? It's a upcoming release with A Different drum, featuring 5 cds of songs from Synthpop artists running the gamut from Neuropa to Color Theory to The Nine to System22 to Terminal Bliss, Declaration, Intervox and Moon Rock.

It's obviously quite diverse.

here's the link:
    http://www.adifferentdrum.com/morein...tateofsynthpop

What do you think?
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

That's really something!! And for that price, only $28! It's nothing. (Of course the shipping will cost more for us not leaving in America...)

when is it out?

Agree? Yes No

That's pretty cool! And very cheap too

Agree? Yes No

There's truly something for everyone on that set. For many months I considered that project my baby, because I put way too many hours into mastering it (starting from scratch at least three times). And now I have a real baby! COINCIDENCE? Yep.
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

Three times? What happened? Why;d you have to start over so many times?
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

I was wondering when that comp was due out...

That is so gunna kick some arse.
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

It's at the factory now and should be done in about 3 weeks, unless those multi-disc jewel cases take longer than expected to get in (not something the average manufacturer keeps in stock).

This compilation was actually put together through the joint efforts of several labels, all of whom contributed a great deal in getting it done, including Ninthwave Records, Nilaihah Records, Cohaagen Music, Alfa-Matrix, DSBP, and others. It's meant to be an inexpensive way to check out a lot of bands in the scene (there are 85 different bands) without spending a lot of time or a lot of money.

-Todd

Agree? Yes No

It's such an awesome idea. Reminds me kind of the Ras Dva "there is no time" compilation from...93? Although this is even larger in scope and seems higher in quality (jewel cases, 4-color, etc).
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

There are packaging short-cuts to save on the cost, like the 24-page booklet inside which is black and white (not full color). And it is a fancey 6-disc jewel case, not 6 separate jewel cases inside a box. If you got the B! Machine "Machine Box" collection, then you know the idea.

Still, I think it's an awesome price for a lot of music. And of course, the Null Device song is one of the best on the whole thing!

-Todd

Agree? Yes No

Well, shortcuts or no, I'm still pretty impressed.
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

The ND track (since Todd brought it up) is a more dance-friendly version of Sad Truth.

And there's a LOT of awesome stuff on there. The Hungry Lucy track is gorgeous, too.
    Visit deadbeatproductions.com for information on the new \"HaLO: The Best of Madtown Electro & Synth NOW!

Agree? Yes No

I can't wait! There's so much great music on it. I predict this will be the quintessential synthpop sampler for years to come.

Agree? Yes No

To answer Jason's question, I started over a couple times because this was such a long-term project, by the time a few months had passed I felt I could do a better job. Between new gear and new mastering approaches, it kept me busy for a long time.

I'm really happy with the way it came out, both the mastering and the quality of the music itself, and the fact that such a massive undertaking finally came together through the combined efforts of so many people (sorry, didn't mean to sound like a glory hog by saying it was my baby - it's just that I feel very personally invested in it). And a big ole thanks goes to Todd for taking a very expensive chance on all of us by funding the project. Hopefully it will do well enough to justify a sequel.
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

WOOHOO!!! that is amazing...i know i'm a bit late on the uptake here, cuz i just noticed this thread...but i will definately been purchasing one of these...is there a set release date yet??? from the sounds of things, you have EVERY right to be proud...
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

Hi,

Empire State Human have posted our track onto Craig/Kiss The Star, 'The Witch' by The Cult. It was brilliant working on a track like this and it's given us plenty of food for thought as a new direction to take our music to.

Looking forward to hearing feedback on it.

Aidan
    Empire State Human
    www.empirestatehuman.com

Sorry!
    This reply was meant for another thread.

Aidan
    ESH

Agree? Yes No

I was just at ADD doing some other shopping (it was a rare moment when I had money to spend...) and when I saw the compilation, I HAD TO HAVE IT. To be honest, I haven't even finished looking at all the artists...There were enough that I recognized at first glance to justify the expense (what expense?? At $28, it's an impulse buy! One would be a fool to have money and NOT part with it for this compilation!!)

Can you tell I'm excited??
    A04 of SoundMine, self-proclaimed electromilitant

Agree? Yes No

I know, my local record store charges 18 bucks for a 10 song CD. For 80+ songs at 28 bucks, it's a steal. Or 32 cents a song...

Jeff/Intervox

Agree? Yes No

So it is out now?? I am off to buy it ASAP!!!!!
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

It's not out yet. It's just on ADD's page as a pre-order. We hope it gets back from the factory right at the end of this month.

So, you should be able to pick it up along with the new Iris, which is late from the factory, but hopefully arriving about the same time.

-Todd

Agree? Yes No

Late again? Sheesh, this factory must have a agenda against Iris fans or something.. this is getting close to torture!
    www.synthpop.net

Thread Information