Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: you think you know Synthpop-Electroclash??

Agree? Yes No

Default you think you know Synthpop-Electroclash??

You don't know s h * t until you see and worship the HUMAN LEAGUE!

period.

I saw them on Saturday night at the Troc in Philly - will see them again tomorrow night in NYC.

They are the real deal! LIVE SYNTHPOP. Quality!

Phil Oakey has such stage presence! And THAT voice! The girls still look HOT and sound great. Two live synth players, an electronic pads player and some guy who controlled the entire rack via the iBOOK.

All the songs sounded genuine!

they opened with BEING BOILED, followed by THE SOUND OF THE CROWD (imho the true electroclash theme! LOL)...

they played all the hits you could possibly want to hear.

if they come to your city... go see them!! they are one of the true great bands of our scene ever.

[roouie]

(saw Sparks last night as well. WOW!)
    www.souvenirrecords.com

Agree? Yes No

I saw them opening night, Friday in DC and concur. I actually can't believe they were able to perform after that since Oakey lost his voice during the encore.

Outstanding show, 5 songs from Dare, both of the women are as hot as ever. How could you want more?
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

Are the League coming anywhere within 2 hours drive of Knoxville, Tennessee??? PLEEEEEASE???

Absolutely, the #1 synthpop band for me ... the band who started it all for me back in 1981 with "Don't You Want Me". In my view, it's the #1 synthpop song of all time.

Agree? Yes No

I can't wait to see the League at Shepard's Bush in London on 18 December! It seems like an eternity from now, but I already ordered my ticket! Glad to have a preview. This will be my first time seeing Phil in person, so I am thrilled, even though he cut his hair. What a pity! So glad to hear they played "Sound of the Crowd." Fabulous song! You will always catch me dancing to that song. Interesting about Phil's voice because a friend of mine in London said Phil lost his voice during a gig there in July. Hope Phil is not losing the magic! 4.5 months and counting...
    La Marquise--The Dandy Highwaywoman

\"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars\"
    --Oscar Wilde

\"New styles, new shapes
    New modes, that\'s the role my passion takes
    Visuals, magazines, reflex styles
    Past, future, in extreme\"
    --Visage

\"Take time to see the wonders of the world
    To see the things you\'ve only ever heard of
    Dream life the way you think it ought to be
    See things you thought you\'d never ever see\"
    --Human League

\"An 18th Century brain in a 21st Century head\"
    --Adam Ant

Agree? Yes No

I am hoping to see them...they were pretty much the band that started my love for electronic music back in the early 80's....when i was only 8!! i know that sounds crazy...but i actually bought the tape at a record store in ann arbor, mi...my mom even remembers me playing fascination, and later dare over and over
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

i love Ladytron elektroklash ^_^

Agree? Yes No

Saw them in 1995, and again in 1998 and can't agree more. Missed the DC gig (damn it...) HL is "da bomb...." And yes, the gils look better than ever...

X Esquire

Anybody here dig Alex Gold's "LA Today" with Phil on vocals this spring?
    \"Hide Your Voice With The Sound Of The Crowd.....\"

Thread Information