Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: A DE/VISION tribute album!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree? Yes No

Default A DE/VISION tribute album!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else out there interested in a D/V tribute album?
    I think it's a great idea and long over do! D/V is definitely the #1 band in our scene and has the fan base that I am sure would enjoy versions of their songs done by other bands in the scene. So let me know if you thinks it's a good idea or a bad one just post your thoughts here! I have a few songs in mind that i would love to put my own spin on! Could you imagine MESH covering a D/V song that we be awesome! Or how about Camouflage! Ok now I think I getting a little carried away but seriously I think this is a great idea I just have to find out if it can be done!

Agree? Yes No

I think it's a great idea!

Agree? Yes No

Awesome idea Lars! and might I add... another sweet design! Don't listen to Lorenz... he's just some jealous turd!
    I guess they\'re right... senior citizens, although slow, and dangerous behind the wheel can still serve a purpose!

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: A DE/VISION tribute album!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by LARS
    Is anyone else out there interested in a D/V tribute album?
    what's the deal? DV is still alive and kicking ass.......

let's better wait until they collapse like Depeche Mode and then flood the market with the countless number of tribute shyte!

Agree? Yes No

Agreed Lars... I often find myself roaming the keys of my studio to a De/vision tune. You get the ball rolling, I am in for a track!
    www.purveyormusic.com

Agree? Yes No

Default coververision / a tribute guidelines

i had the idea some times ago, and another label want to make it also with mesh, but the bands where not so happy about it.

maybe the bands changed their mind in between or they will change their mind when they hear their music and lyrics in the same quality :-)
    ...but who cares here.

- - - - -

- make an atribute album and release it , but please dont forget to name the author and the publisher that they will be payed for their rights.

- take care : coverversions for free download are against the law.

- if you translate the lyrics into another language, then you need the permission of the publisher.

- before you use the logo, you should ask the band

- when you would like to use artwork-elements then you should ask the record company first

- if the version is not serious enough ,then it can be stopped by the label/band/publisher

- - -

lars: dont forget the 4.member Stefan in your design.

Agree? Yes No

Hi,

Empire State Human would contribute to a DV tribute album.

Aidan
    www.empirestatehuman.com

Agree? Yes No

I have read on new DV site that Gigi D'Agostino would play DIGITAL DREAM and DRIFTING SIDEWAYS in a remix version... maybe for the tribute album? or for another reason?

Agree? Yes No

many dance artists (especially in germany) have the music from de/vision at home, most of the dance artists are big depeche mode fans and growed up with their music.
    gigi d'agostino is also remixing wolfsheim - tracs of this band are also on his compilation.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by lorenz macke
    many dance artists (especially in germany) have the music from de/vision at home, most of the dance artists are big depeche mode fans and growed up with their music.
    gigi d'agostino is also remixing wolfsheim - tracs of this band are also on his compilation.
    Yes i know the compilation and also Gigi D'Agostino.. i'll go in Rome to listen his live and i know that he's depeche mode fan as me ^_^

Now he will release J.J JOHANSON rmx of ON THE RADIO.. a very good -80's style- song!!

Thread Information