Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DE/VISION Fairytales ?

Agree? Yes No

Question DE/VISION Fairytales ?

Hello all,

i have here in my hand a De/Vision CDR which appears to be called FAIRYTALES...

This is a live recording, excellent sound quality, and looks very much like official release Fairylive.. but here the tracks are in a different order.
    The are no blank spaces between the songs, so obviously this does not seem to be a bad assembled copy of Fairylive using mp3s or what ever...

Does any of you have any idea if this "Fairytales" is a bootleg or what ever ?

Thanks ahead for helping me.

Ciao,
    David

Agree? Yes No

I am not sure about a bootleg but I wish it were in my hand instead of yours!
    www.myspace.com/bravenewworldmusic

Agree? Yes No

I have it too.
    It's excellent!
    It's the Fairytale DVD that someone copied & put it on the net.

Of course, It won't stop me from buying the DVD! And I hope it won't stop you...

Agree? Yes No

yes the fu..ing east-europe people bootlegged the video and sell it in mpeg format. i guess even when the dvd will be released official, they will still sell their illegal copies.
    NO thanks to all the people who support this illegal stuff, because it demage the whole industry and especially the artists.

you can buy official the live-tracks from fairyland on the live-cd95&96.

on the video "fairylive!" there are more tracs than on the live-cd, because one year ealier most of the missing tracks where released on "live moments we shared".

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by lorenz macke

NO thanks to all the people who support this illegal stuff, because it demage the whole industry and especially the artists.

I disagree, bootlegs have been around long before De/vision. These bootlegs are being purchased by "hardcore" fans, who I am sure own all the label pressed stuff as well.
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well Im better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I cant compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Human Clone

These bootlegs are being purchased by "hardcore" fans, who I am sure own all the label pressed stuff as well.
    you are shure, but you don't know.
    but i know people who have a lot of bootlegs instead of the originals. maybe we don't have the same definition of bootlegs:

live bootlegs : illegal recordings
    cd bootlegs : illegal copies of stuff that you can buy official

i talk about the last ones.

visit sweden, spain, russia, poland , usa and germany
    and you will find this cds.
    why does someone buy the original copy later, when he have allready the illegal version ?

i haven't noticed that we sold 1000copies of fairyland in the last 2 years or that we had orders from outside germany in an amount of more than 1000.
    these bootlegs are printed more than 1000 times.

-> not only hardcore fans are buying bootlegs <-
    -> there is a demage to the band / music industry

Agree? Yes No

Yeah, I was talking about "Live" bootlegs. I agree with you in regards to cd bootlegs.
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well Im better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I cant compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

we had the topic live bootlegs somewhere else here...
    the problem is with live-bootlegs that people don't know the difference between official live recodings and live-bootlegs.

visit shops in spain, france, poland, sweden, russia , usa , mexico and you will find official live releases between illegal live releases.

won't you prefer a recording of the show that you visited
    instead of a show that was recorded somewhere else ?

Agree? Yes No

CD bootlegs are bad. I won't pay for this kind of CD.
    But... I will download a CD- And I WILL buy it later.

Agree? Yes No

good beheaviour, i wish more people would do it like you - but i notice that the opposite is happening.

Agree? Yes No

Great that D/V will release the old videos in DVD, and it's more cool have extra tracks! : )

I'm counting the days for watch this DVD!

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

the artist have to agree to the additional material.
    i can imagine there are tons of material that the fans would like to see... (official).

Agree? Yes No

Unhappy

yes the fu..ing east-europe people
    Wow, how nice of you to say that...
    - LEAD ME INTO YOUR DARKNESS
    WHEN THIS WORLD IS TRYING ITS HARDEST
    TO LEAVE ME UNIMPRESSED -

Agree? Yes No

we had the topic live bootlegs somewhere else here...
    the problem is with live-bootlegs that people don't know the difference between official live recodings and live-bootlegs.
    most people do know the difference between live-bootlegs and an official release. There can be a lot of live-bootlegs and they all are different. This does not affect the official relaeses, as I can't buy officially, for example, the concert in Barcelona, but I can find it as a bootleg. It is impossible to release officially every concert. So what is the problem?

visit shops in spain, france, poland, sweden, russia , usa , mexico and you will find official live releases between illegal live releases.
    I can speak only for russia. And I would really like to know where I can find here such a shop, with a lot of official and illegal live releases. It is not so easy to find the official stuff, and even more difficult live-bootlegs. So it is a mistake to believe that here it is so (I am not speaking about the cd-bootlegs and mp3)

won't you prefer a recording of the show that you visited
    instead of a show that was recorded somewhere else ?
    Definitely, I will prefer the first!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by danics
    I can speak only for russia. And I would really like to know where I can find here such a shop, with a lot of official and illegal live releases. It is not so easy to find the official stuff, and even more difficult live-bootlegs. So it is a mistake to believe that here it is so (I am not speaking about the cd-bootlegs and mp3)
    Here you can find only "Two" but you can't find any of other De/Vision releases.
    I bought my CDs at Czech, the UK & Germany...

I don't think you should pay for live bootlegs either because you can download them- The person who made the bootleg shouldn't make money from fans.
    That's the way I get live bootlegs of Depeche Mode.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dawn

I don't think you should pay for live bootlegs either because you can download them- The person who made the bootleg shouldn't make money from fans.
    with my internet connection it is cheaper to buy than to download . though I download it, 'cause I can't find them to buy.

And I don't care if someone makes money of it. If I buy something I buy it because I need it and not because I want to support someone who makes bootleg.

Agree? Yes No

I think we should support the bands.
    If I have extra money (hmmmm... I don't)- I prefer buying singles than bootlegs.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dawn
    I think we should support the bands.
    If I have extra money (hmmmm... I don't)- I prefer buying singles than bootlegs.
    no one says singles OR bootlegs, I would say singles AND bootlegs
    I also don't have extra money, but the money I have I spend on what I prefer. And sometimes I would like listen nt only to the remixes, which sometimes are boring, but also to the live recording.
    and though I have almost all official releases I'm also glad when I can get a new live-bootleg. It is just different!

Agree? Yes No

Lorenz does have somewhat of a point in regards to bootlegs, but as a hardcore D/V, DM, etc... fan, who does in fact own all LEGAL albums, you can bet your a** that I would definitely buy a bootleg... especially a live bootleg.

Why? Because, being in the states I don't always get to hear the music I love... it's hard enough to buy it legally over here.

You can also bet that I burn a buttload of cd's for my friends who are not yet attune to the world of synthpop. How else are they going to become aware of a group like De/Vision or Mesh or any of the awesome bands in the electronic scene.

Also, a lot of "industry" complain that it's ruining the biz. I just don't buy that... A vast majority of bands major and minor label put out crap albums... a few good songs and then crap... I don't blame people for not wanting to buy such drivel.

I think for the most part it's like this... if someone is going to by the album they're going to buy it regardless if they have 100 illegal copies.

On the other hand, say a friend of mine who has never heard a group like Mesh or D/V has a cd I burned for her, she loves what she hears but doesn't know where to buy it... of course I tell her... what's more she is now looking out for a tour date near where she lives and going to as many shows as possible... where the real money is at anyway...

In all actuality the "industry" people should take a que from 50-Cent... granted I can't stand the music, but he made his name off of selling bootlegs... don't tell me it's bad for the biz... he's selling millions of legal albums now, and making more money than any of us... that mofo is a cash money millionaire yo... all because he embraced what people wanted.

Which brings up another point... if someone has a bootleg... or something they think is a bootleg, they feel special... like they have one up on everyone else... instead of trying to fight that energy, the bands, labels, etc... should be trying to embrace it.

If the labels and rec. execs stop being so damn greedy and give the artists their fair share and stop trying to charge us nearly $20 for a freaking cd then maybe some of the illegal recording will stop... when you face the facts its all about greed!
    I guess they\'re right... senior citizens, although slow, and dangerous behind the wheel can still serve a purpose!

Agree? Yes No

>most people do know the difference between live-bootlegs and an official release.

really , how you know ? i got many questions about stuff that i never released official.

>There can be a lot of live-bootlegs and they all are different. This does not affect the official relaeses

how do you know ?
    if there is a bootleg, then it is not neccesary that you buy - or look out - for the official release.

> It is impossible to release officially every concert. So what is the problem?

duran duran are releasing every concert offical. smaller bands like de/vision cant do it.

i just know that it is not impossible to buy this illegal live-recordings in shops and it will become easier in the future.
    when you load it down from the net, then it is not such a big demage, but there is still a demage.

>I don't think you should pay for live bootlegs

yeah, dont support it.

>The person who made the bootleg shouldn't make money from fans. That's the way I get live bootlegs of Depeche Mode.

thats the point: people want to have stuff from , lets say depeche mode. they need something new, so they trade for a de/vision release. other people would like to have this de/vision release and have to find something new. maybe they must record a mesh show and then they can trade for de/vision. and so on.

most of the people who record concerts dont want to make money, but there are people who took this recordings and print (professional) cds for selling. these people look around in the www and in fangroups and take for free the material and make money out of it.

every person who record a show, should know that he delivers a master for a bootleg - when he gives a copy to a friend or www.

>And I don't care if someone makes money of it. If I buy something I buy it because I need it and not because I want to support someone who makes bootleg.

quite sad that you dont care about rights, about copyright and the wish of the band.
    cool menthality:
    -i need it,
    -it is available
    -doesnt matter how its provided

Originally posted by Munson
    Why? Because, being in the states I don't always get to hear the music I love... it's hard enough to buy it legally over here.

Which brings up another point... if someone has a bootleg... or something they think is a bootleg, they feel special... like they have one up on everyone else... instead of trying to fight that energy, the bands, labels, etc... should be trying to embrace it.

If the labels and rec. execs stop being so damn greedy and give the artists their fair share and stop trying to charge us nearly $20 for a freaking cd then maybe some of the illegal recording will stop... when you face the facts its all about greed!
    everytime the same standard statements:
    i have no other source...
    i am from usa
    fu** the industry

if you would be one day in an office of a record label, you would understand why a cd cost 20$ and why some artist just received a few cents.

you legalize cd-r copies to friends
    you legalize bootlegs
    and what come next ?
    why paying for something... if i need a recording then i take it from somewhere, doesnt matter if the artist benefit or not.

of course when you copy cds to your friends its a kind of promotion, but that promotion turned with the time into a service: music on cdr from friends instead of shops. people shouldnt forget to buy the original.

mark of mesh gave a wonderfull statement about cdr copy and p2p.

i just can say: take care, because when the music-consuming people dont change their mind, they will regret it. the scene will die, the quality will decrease, only the industry will survive, and more illegal sources will come up.

Thread Information