Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have 2 say DE/VISION is #1!!!!!!

Agree? Yes No

Default I have 2 say DE/VISION is #1!!!!!!

I wanted to express my love for this group and how ¤¤¤¤in awesome they really are!! If you were to put together a greatest hits album who could even come close to touching it?
    Who else has come out with as many top notch albums lately? They also seem to keep busy and are always working on new material which believe me is hard as hell to do. I know some people are saying they might not be the nicest people in the world but I've also heard some bad stories about another band(DM). I honestly don't care about any of that I only care about what the music says to me and their songs always move me! So I say cheers to DE/VISION!! and please keep putting out more albums! in my opinion nobody's better!

I have to say MESH is a very close 2nd!
    they just don't have as many albums.

Agree? Yes No

Yes you are right, De/Vision are No 1 for me, maybe they share the first place with Camouflage for me, but as you said they are better because they work really hard and write fantastic sounds that put Depeche to shame. Be the way new Camouflage sound like they were listening to De/Vision a lot lately bacause Two and Devolution is typical example of Steffen´s new slower style of singing.
    2nd are Mesh for Me
    3rd are Depeche but they keep worsening after Alan Wilder, electronic music production God, left

Agree? Yes No

For me De/Vision is 2nd... but not very far from my #1 Mesh...
    3rd would be DM and Camouflage...

Agree? Yes No

In this right moment I must admit I prefer Mesh....I've seen them 2 months ago and I've not recovered yet eheh....but I love De/Vision as well

Agree? Yes No

I have also seen MESH live! and I agree they are an amazing band live but I wish that one day I could see DE/VISION live. That is a dream I've had to for a long long time!

My ultimate set list would be

Anywhere
    Your hands on my skin
    Try to forget
    Strange Affection
    Hear Me Calling
    Bleed Me white
    Sweet life
    blindness
    Silent Moan
    Foreigner
    Ride on a star
    Deliver me
    Heart Shaped Tumor
    Blue Moon
    New Dawn

encore
    I regret
    Drifting Sideways

I can't even think of a better concert that that!
    www.myspace.com/bravenewworldmusic

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Fallout
    For me De/Vision is 2nd... but not very far from my #1 Mesh...
    3rd would be DM and Camouflage...
    For me D/V is at #2 with Iris as #1 and Neuroticfish as #3

Agree? Yes No

#1- Depeche Mode (#1 above all kinds of music)
    #2- De/Vision (But #1 at the "Synthpop scene")
    #3- Camouflage, Beborn Beton, Distain!, Edenfeld, Mesh, Iris, etc...

Agree? Yes No

DE/VISION IS NUMBER 1.

Agree? Yes No

De/Vision is f***ing awesome! DM was my all time favorite, but as soon as I heard De/Vision all that changed. Their music is always evolving and getting better, more mature. Lars has a good point... they are always putting out albums, and suprisingly, they are always really good albums all the way through. DM has that same quality... Early Camouflage albums tended to have 2 or maybe 3 good songs and the rest made me think... what kind of crap is this... although Sensor sounds like its pretty bada**.

Whether D/V are jerks or not is something I can't comment on... nor do I really care... chances are I'll never meet them anyway... but their words and music speak to me like few others.

A lot of cd's I buy end up just taking up space, but I always seem to be playing D/V. If I don't know what I want to listen to or if I'm not in the mood for anything inparticular I always come back to D/V.

Likewise, when I introduce non-synthpop fans to synthpop the first group I always show them is D/V...

I hope they keep putting out killer albums and I hope that one day they'll make their way over here!
    I guess they\'re right... senior citizens, although slow, and dangerous behind the wheel can still serve a purpose!

Agree? Yes No

MUNSON you rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like your cool mullet!

You brought up some very valid points!

I definitely listen to D/V way more than anything else in my collection.

I am curious about the new Camouflage album I plan on getting it soon!

I'd sooner get MUNSONed out in the middle of nowhere than not listen to D/V every single day!

Agree? Yes No

Ohohohooooo. You will LOVE the new Camouflage album! I agree, Munson! I adore De/Vision. We have everything. Never ceases to amaze me!!!
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Munson
    De/Vision is f***ing awesome! DM was my all time favorite, but as soon as I heard De/Vision all that changed. Their music is always evolving and getting better, more mature. Lars has a good point... they are always putting out albums, and suprisingly, they are always really good albums all the way through. DM has that same quality... Early Camouflage albums tended to have 2 or maybe 3 good songs and the rest made me think... what kind of crap is this... although Sensor sounds like its pretty bada**.

Whether D/V are jerks or not is something I can't comment on... nor do I really care... chances are I'll never meet them anyway... but their words and music speak to me like few others.

A lot of cd's I buy end up just taking up space, but I always seem to be playing D/V. If I don't know what I want to listen to or if I'm not in the mood for anything inparticular I always come back to D/V.

Likewise, when I introduce non-synthpop fans to synthpop the first group I always show them is D/V...

I hope they keep putting out killer albums and I hope that one day they'll make their way over here!
    Will you marry me?
    It's EXACTLY how I feel about this great band.
    If someone asks me about Synthpop- I’ll play D/V.
    If I feel that I want to listen to something or want something that will make me feel good- this is the band!

Lars- You SHOULD listen to Camouflage's Sensor! A p-e-r-f-e-c-t album!
    Anat

Agree? Yes No

Dawn I know you only want to marry me cuz of my rad hair and killer looks...

But, if that's not enough I am an assistant manager at the local auto parts store and I drive a 1984 Trans Am...

Seriously though, good point about making you feel good... one of the things I love about D/V is that they can have a totally kick a** song like Anywhere and such a moving song like A Prayer on the same album... actually, they are both moving... but in completely different directions!

It would be so hard to pick just one song as a favorite... Damn I love De/Vision!
    I guess they\'re right... senior citizens, although slow, and dangerous behind the wheel can still serve a purpose!

Agree? Yes No

I also have to add that they have very kick ass style and always have very good album artwork! They seem to put alot of attetion to detail and not just with music but with everything they do!

Germans are cool!

Agree? Yes No

yeah, Germans rule!, i said it here before, Depeche can´t compare, they don´t compose in foreigh language like De/Vision cause it´s very hard with not perfect vocabulary and don´t forget you can´t translate word for word. Clever, gifted and have huge attention to detail, that´s what i like about them :-)

BTW you will be stunned after listening to Sensor

Agree? Yes No

Don't forget about the Red Flag guys!

Agree? Yes No

You dweeb Nevernever this is a discussion about De/Vision not Red Flag! They are cool, but if you want to talk about them start a different thread.

By the way, Red Flag isn't German anyway... as one I thought you would already know that!

Agree? Yes No

De/vision is probably tied with Wolfsheim for my favorite synth-pop band. Mesh or Silke Bischoff would be in third. I haven't heard Camouflage or Red Flag yet, not really sure what albums to start out with.

Agree? Yes No

Yes! DE/VISION
    the greatest synthpop band in the world so far
    Max

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Munson
    You dweeb Nevernever this is a discussion about De/Vision not Red Flag! They are cool, but if you want to talk about them start a different thread.

By the way, Red Flag isn't German anyway... as one I thought you would already know that!
    Yes I am.

De/Vision is no. 1!!!!! I think it's right now.

whatever....

Thread Information