Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Translation PLEASE!

Agree? Yes No

Exclamation Translation PLEASE!

I really hope that the De/Vision's management (or whoever takes care to those things) will be smarter than others & will put English subtitles for the forthcoming Fairylive? DVD.
    It is so depressing not to understand everything the band members say at the breaks between the songs.

I think that subtitles are so important! Especially if you have so many non-German fans.
    Depeche Mode should have put subtitles for their DVDs. They have so many fans that English isn't their mother tongue...
    Sometimes I can't understand Martin at all... because of his accent & the way he speaks.

Subtitles are a MUST!
    To the songs as well... I have the A-Ha collection DVD & itís fun to sing along with the subtitles! (& you learn that the lyrics you sang before aren't the right lyrics ).

Anat.

Agree? Yes No

If you ever want a translation from German let me know.

You can also go to http://babelfish.altavista.com

Bis gleich!
    Truth can be circumscribed into one great whole.

Agree? Yes No

I know about Babelfish... I use it A LOT!
    And thanx! I will need your help for sure...

But... They should translate the DVD.

Agree? Yes No

a funny story about fairylive:
    de/vision are from bensheim, are small town close to frankfurt / main and they have sometimes a dialect/accent and sometimes your can't exacly understand what was spoken.
    there is a translation into German-language that i gave to the fans on request.
    as i made the first brainstorming for the dvd release, i thought about subtitles. we will see.

btw: i am not de/vision management anymore, but as a label i will release the videos on DVD and the live-cd and "i regret mcd" and i take care of the former members markus and stefan.

Agree? Yes No

The same was told about Mark from MESH (I think in the official video). Sometimes people don't understand him because of the dialect from Bristol

Agree? Yes No

Great! I'm looking 4wd to see it...
    & thanx for the things you wrote about the band... I often feel like I know nothing about them...

Agree? Yes No

does he really have a dialect ?
    neil speaks quite clear, rich mostly too, mark sometimes to fast (especially at concerts).

but now you can't hear the dialect of de/vision anymore.
    markus (former member) try to avoind dialect since 1996.

Agree? Yes No

I think Mark has quite a strong accent. On life recordings I sometimes don't get a word of what he is saying although I'm quite familiar with English accents and have a slight accent (Mancunian) myself, even though I am not a native speaker. But Mark sometimes is a puzzle to me!!!
    (I think I would understand d/v, though, after three years in Mannheim. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....)
    - LEAD ME INTO YOUR DARKNESS
    WHEN THIS WORLD IS TRYING ITS HARDEST
    TO LEAVE ME UNIMPRESSED -

Thread Information