Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear goodness does the Gahan solo cd suck

Agree? Yes No

Unhappy Dear goodness does the Gahan solo cd suck

I was at a club last night, and they played the entire Gahan cd...I never saw such an empty dancefloor or felt nails on a chalkboard.
    Its really too bad...it reminded me of really slow, banal heroin induced bluesy garbage. Thats the only way I can describe it...and its $40 to see him live? Hows he going to fill an hour and a half? I feel bad, as I know all these DM fans are gonan be going to see him and expecting something akin to DM.

Now Im one of those that thinks Black Celebration and Violator are some of the greatest albums ever made...heck I think Black Celebration is one of the est romantic albums ever.(Post Violator Im not too sure about tho)

But I had no assumptions that Paper Monsters would be a companion piece to DM...but dear goodness...it sounds almost as bad or worse then what I hear on the radio. Just sad.

Anyone else feel this release is just a total downer and a letdown?
    .:\\\\.:PockyBot:.//
    www.pockybot.com
    a cyberpunk kid...a tech girl, and a ninja penguin...the wacky cyberpunk adventure has begun

test

Agree? Yes No

You haven't even heard the crappy b side, Closer. That song is the infamous Ocean Song that Dave wanted to put on Ultra. It is the WORST song I have ever heard Dave sing. I cannot believe that he actually felt that it was good enough to be on a dM album. It is dreadful!

Dave actually thinks that his album is good. He wants to have more input in the band. If he doesn't get it, he will break up the band. He needs a dose of reality and a major dose of humility.

Agree? Yes No

Let Dave leave DM - I'm tired of his voice anyway! Fletcher could be the new frontman! hehe
    Well...
    Martin could work with some other singer (A whole album with only Gore-vocals would become painful). Why not Marcus from Camouflage or De/Vision-Steffen, or even the Iris-guy?

Agree? Yes No

I like it. Yep, that's right. I like it.
    \"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.\"
    - Homer Simpson

Agree? Yes No

Why would they play an entire CD at a club? That's kind of lame, no matter what thew CD is.
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

Thank you for this thread, rive!!!!

I'm so irritated by always hearing from my devotee friends What???? You don't like Paper Monsters??? And you did not attend his concert even though he was in Hamburg?????
    It's just not my kind of music, I'm an electro-chick and I don't like this weird poppy stuff or whatever style in music it is. So why should I attend his concert? Just because he's the singer of the band I like the most? That still wouldn't make me enjoy his own material and listening to what he does to Enjoy the Silence life doesn't convince me, either...
    - LEAD ME INTO YOUR DARKNESS
    WHEN THIS WORLD IS TRYING ITS HARDEST
    TO LEAVE ME UNIMPRESSED -

Agree? Yes No

*lol*

I warned you all some time ago..but not many listened.

DAVE sucks the big one !!
    I have lost so much respect for that man that I can't even get myself to listen to the older DM albums without getting slight chills that makes me think of this CRAPY solo project.

All I have to say is that "paper monsters" IS A JOKE !!

and the funny thing is that he sellilng alot of it which is making him all cocky again to make more CRAP cause there are some die hard fans of the past that just can't seem to let GO.

DM used to be my favorate band for well over a decade, but now all I seem to do is make fun of them (especially Dave)

To think I thought he had some talent........SHAME SHAME SHAME
    Shervin

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Ok I have to go out and buy this CD to see if it is bad as you all are saying. I am intrigued.

Regarding the live show ... Martin's album sucks too but the live show was AWESOME! Maybe Dave's stage presence would carry the music through to a great performance.

Agree? Yes No

Honestly I can't decide which album is worse?? Dave's or Martin's.

But if I had to choose one of the two, I would take Martin's since at least he didnt write the songs/lyrics.

Both albums are A COMPLETE JOKE !!!

Lets just say that if DM gets back togather and makes another album, I will not buy it cause those guys have lost every ounce of talent and voice they had.

DM was from 83-94. the end.
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

Although I might receive flack for this, I think that DM just needs to STOP like so many other bands that are so far past their prime. Their last ablum, IMHO, did not have one decent song on it. When I first got it, I used it to put me to sleep at night. Now don't get me wrong, I like DM but everything that they have done over the past several years seems like dren to me.

As far as the recent solo albums go, I have no interest in even bothering to give a listen. It's not because there has been so much bashing of it, but rather that I just don't care anymore. Said and done. I just want to remember how great they use to be and move on which is the way that I feel about alot of the older bands. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Martin & Dave just ain't happening solo. At least Dave has tried to write some new material though. Why the hell does a great songwriter like Martin Gore want to do 2 lame CDs of covers? The problem with these guys and DM is that they do not seem to have any connection with what's going on in the world of electronic music any longer. They just seem "out of the loop". They used to be the standard bearers, but now, they seem more like "Adult Contemporary". I sold my copy of "Paper Monsters", but I burned it for some of my die-hard DM friends first. My friend bought me a ticket to see him live here in N. Cali, so we'll see how he pulls it off. I hear he will do some DM tunes, so maybe that will be OK.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by interface2x
    I like it. Yep, that's right. I like it.
    Touch'e, I'm with you Colin...I kind of dig it myself

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Kiss*the*Star
    Ok I have to go out and buy this CD to see if it is bad as you all are saying. I am intrigued.

I was thinking the same thing! I haven't heard any of Gahan's solo stuff, but the way you guys are talking it makes me sad to think he might be washed up.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

It's not, it's really a matter of personal taste...I like rock as much as my synth so for me it blends well...It is really commercial in some areas, and I have a feeling thats where a lot of people are also getting turned off by it...I don't know how to better explain it, to me it's not that bad of an album

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Now I'm not a diehard DM fan but I do like a couple of their songs, the question is how can they suck so bad if they've done so good in the past, is there a band member or a collaborator that was there in the past who helped them out and is now gone.

Since each of their solo projects seem to suck real bad, perhaps they've just confimed a mathematical law that negative + negative = posivite, if so, it might be time to end the childiss figthing, stop sitting on their past glory, find some inspiration, get back together and get back to work.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by skylla
    here we go again...
    LOL
    I think they should start calling their cds, Violator 1 through 100.
    THAT'S MARKETING FOR YOU...
    People will change their minds!!

Once again. THEY ARE FILTY RICH....
    I don't think Dave and Martin care what people want.
    They are now doing to please themselves.
    If you like it, that's fine.
    If you hate it, more power to you.
    I don't think they are concern about making another Violator
    cd. It is time to drop it.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Buaaahhhh!!!! Buaaaahhhh!!!!
    Come here my lover...
    Come, see me suffer...
    Hold me my lover...
    I need some cover...

Taken from Perfidious Words Album \"Spreading Silence\".

Agree? Yes No

I think Stay is a great track - need to spend more time with the rest of the album. I didn't like Counterfeit 2 at all. And some of the Recoil stuff leaves me cold. I think the whole is more than the sum of the parts in this case - or something like that....
    eight to infinity
    http://www.eighttoinfinity.com

Agree? Yes No

From the sections Ive heard, The dave gahan album is even more of a mistake than SOFAD, at least the songs saved SOFAD to some extent !

Conterfit 2 is great : loverman is a work of genious !
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Thread Information