Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 101 DVD Question

Agree? Yes No

Question 101 DVD Question

Extra features of the DVD could add the whole 101 Show...
    It's that possible??

Cheers!!!

test

Agree? Yes No

From what I have heard, there will be an entire disc with the show and the second disc will be the kids and documentary part. I don't know if what I have heard is true, but they did film the ENTIRE show, so we can only hope.

Agree? Yes No

WOW!! Im started to cut my wrists!!!...
    Another DVD with the Violation Tour and I die...

Thanks for the Info Steph!!!
    Come here my lover...
    Come, see me suffer...
    Hold me my lover...
    I need some cover...

Taken from Perfidious Words Album \"Spreading Silence\".

test

Agree? Yes No

Well, it could be a rumour and all but they need to release the entire concert.

They DO have footage of the World Violation Tour. I have heard that someone has a soundboard and will eventually put it online. Remember, Honolulu '94 was hidden for a long time and it hit the 'Net a few months ago.

They also need to release the ENTIRE Los Angeles show from Martin's tour. People have it, but they aren't trading it out.

Agree? Yes No

Uuuf Steph, Honolulu '94 was really cool!!! really.
    Come here my lover...
    Come, see me suffer...
    Hold me my lover...
    I need some cover...

test

Agree? Yes No

It could have been better during A Question of Lust. They lost the sound for a second. Every time I hear the song, I get tense during that lost second.

Agree? Yes No

From what my friend in the know has told me there will be the entire show on one disc as Steph said, and the other the regular 101 video...However, on the regular video there is also supposed to be some never before seen stuff, so hey I'm in anticipation as well...Time will reveal everything

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Stephanie
    From what I have heard, there will be an entire disc with the show and the second disc will be the kids and documentary part. I don't know if what I have heard is true, but they did film the ENTIRE show, so we can only hope.
    I hope one disc contains the entire show, I have this one recorded in video and itīs an indispensable document, more interesting than the documentary part.
    juanlu

synths for your mind!

Agree? Yes No

Cool will be if we can see the rest of the Concert, songs like Sacred or Something to Do...

The Song Strangelove, also appear cut on 101 video...
    Come here my lover...
    Come, see me suffer...
    Hold me my lover...
    I need some cover...

Agree? Yes No

As for already having the whole show filmed, I'm not sure that's as convenient as it sounds. Having the raw footage is one thing, but having an edited, finished product is quite another. And watching the original 101 video release, you can tell that much of the footage of the performances is (like Devotional) an amalgamation of many shows.

Don't get me wrong here, I'd like just as much as everyone to have the whole show on there. But if it's not, I'm NOT looking forward to the tidal wave of complaints we'll have to endure from countless fans.
    \"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.\"
    - Homer Simpson

test

Agree? Yes No

I wish they had the violator tour on dvd ... hell i wish i could find the violator tour on any format

test

Agree? Yes No

Here is some news regarding the 101 dvd. I took this info from www.depeche-mode.com:

While details on the 2disc DVD set is still to be confirmed, the release date is now set.

The classic Depeche Mode film "101" by DA Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus is hitting the streets DVD-style on October 6th, according to Scandinavian distributor, Playground Music's website.

The 2DVD is rumoured to include 2 versions of the "101" film - one being the original cut, the other being a version focusing entirely on the concert at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

www.depeche-mode.com

Agree? Yes No

As someone who is "in the know," I can tell you that there will be twelve songs from the concert on the second disc - 7 songs were cut. I'm not sure if it's due to the quality of the original footage or what but I guess 12 is better than none. There are also some really cool interviews and the first disc has commentary from the band...

Agree? Yes No

they can release that! I have the PROMO VHS of 101 that have only the entire show, any interview or backstage scene is inclued.

so they have it and can released if they want, and will be really great have that fantastic show in DVD quality!

Freddy

test

Agree? Yes No

Freddy, you have the entire show??? I have a copy of that promo and it's missing some songs. I know that A Question of Lust is missing and that's the one song that I am dying to see again. I have a bad feeling that will be one of the 7 songs that won't ever see the light of day. :sobbing: argh!

Agree? Yes No

No matter what they include on the DVD, I know it will be great. Specially for all of us who have been waiting for 101 on DVD.
    If You Don\'t know, Now You Know.
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by d3lions
    No matter what they include on the DVD, I know it will be great. Specially for all of us who have been waiting for 101 on DVD.
    Exactly...To be honest, it could be the same thing thats been on video for the past 15 years, I would still be in line the first day to buy it...Just to finally have it on DVD has me stoked as it is

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Stephanie
    Freddy, you have the entire show??? I have a copy of that promo and it's missing some songs. I know that A Question of Lust is missing and that's the one song that I am dying to see again. I have a bad feeling that will be one of the 7 songs that won't ever see the light of day. :sobbing: argh!
    I have the Brazilian promo, and I really don't remener if they cut some songs, I need to check if you are telling that some songs were missed.

Anyway, I want the DVD!

and about "see again", were you there in that show (I mean really in the pasadena stadium)? WOW!

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

I was at the Pasadena Rose Bowl during that show Freddy, Stephanie was there too!!!

DAN

test

Agree? Yes No

Yeppers, I was at the show and I am on the video. You can see me right after Nothing when they show a pan of the crowd. We had floor seats and we are sitting in our seats. I am also in the video two more times, but they are brief shots--thankfully! I was a dorky teenager back in 1988.

Thread Information