Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: 808 States

Agree? Yes No

Default 808 States

Any 808 States fans out there?
    What happened to them?
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

I am a big 808state fan.

I met them breifly in manchester in about 2000 and they were busy collecting old fairlights for a special project. Since then I dont know.
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

I was just browsing them in a record store, and it looks a lot like they've got a newish album out. "Outpost Transmission" I think it's called.
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

I was going to bring this up because they apparently put the new album out in the US in April and I think it was out in the UK late last year. They've got a pretty complete website complete with downloads of their stuff and fan remixes. If you're interested try http://808state.com/ .
    Just a related question, I know that back in the early 90's they talked up their live show and they were supposed to be one of the best "live" techno acts. I've seen them twice and I was unimpressed both times. I suppose I could blame the first bad experience on them opening for New Order (in 93) at 6pm while the it was still to bright to see any of the light show (and they were better than the aborted set The The). But they didn't do anything for me when I saw in them in 97 at the Big Top rave festival. Any thoughts?
    \"Who doesn\'t love \"Born Slippy\"?
    -Neil Tennant on
    http://petshopboys.co.uk

Listen To The Best Broadcasts On The Internet
    http://www.geocities.com/djdaftmonk/radioegn

Agree? Yes No

It is so weird that they haven't received respects they deserve. They pioneered lots of cool synth techniques. They frequently changed characteristic and flavor of their beats. Not to mention, they were doing lots of sound experimentations during 80s for a top chart hitting band.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

I luv 808 State, infact last week I was playing Excel, very cool record, this has special guest from Bernard Sumner, Bjork..

Anyone have Don Solaris(808 States last album)?

I saw these guys live at the Hollywood Bowl opening up for New ORder back in 93. I can only say that they're music is very inviting..
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

Agree? Yes No

MARK IS DRUNK AWAY... BIT.CH... I QUIT DRINKING.. IT SUCKS...
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

I have Don Solaris. It's not their best work, but like all 808 State CDs it has some really good songs on it. This one is just a little less spectacular than some of their previous work. They truly are one of the pioneering techno groups of all time. If you listen to the albums you will hear the blueprints for many of the electronic music sub-genres, that we have today. They unknowingly fused "ambient/chill-out", hardcore, trance, breaks, house and electro into one and did it all without being trendy or self-conscious.
    http://www.drug-of-choice.com/

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by pop
    I QUIT DRINKING.. IT SUCKS...

"Sobriety Sux"

Ozzy Osbourne
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

Agree? Yes No

I think it sucks less than intoxication though, so I'm with Pop on this one.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Bornslippy

"Sobriety Sux"

Ozzy Osbourne
    Yea. The life catches up with you.
    You start to realiase how boring an average person's life is.
    Maybe, I should kill people.

Originally posted by hornblas
    I have Don Solaris. It's not their best work, but like all 808 State CDs it has some really good songs on it. This one is just a little less spectacular than some of their previous work. They truly are one of the pioneering techno groups of all time. If you listen to the albums you will hear the blueprints for many of the electronic music sub-genres, that we have today. They unknowingly fused "ambient/chill-out", hardcore, trance, breaks, house and electro into one and did it all without being trendy or self-conscious.
    Amen Bro. Very true.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Thread Information