Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last few releases you picked up that were good?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Jonna
    Human Clone, how is the new remix of A Forest and the new A&A?
    The "A Forrest" remix is awesome!

The new A & A is ok, nothing really ground breaking. I think it may take a few more listens.
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well Im better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I cant compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

Tactical Sect. Great stuff!!! Have you heard Killing Ophelia yet? I'm curious.
    Good choices. I'm looking forward to Tristesse de la Lune's debut out in Nov. Won't be as aggressive (at all!!!) compared to the above.
    Not heard Killing Ophelia yet.. now i'm curious too... hehe
    Yeah.. Tristesse de la Lune's cd is something i'm looking forward too very much, i love the singles they released thus far, absolutely gorgeous stuff.
    The biggie for me is Amduscia's first proper release coming out soon, i just can't get enough of their music.
    And you're right about Flesh Fields latest too, Belief Control is a knockout.... i often think FF are overlooked by many, they have such an original, cool sound.
    ~There\'s more to this kind of camouflage,
    More than just colour and shape~

Agree? Yes No

I thought this would be a good thread to drop this into. I just picked up And One's Aggressor and the new Melotron.

My thoughts? Aggressor is excellent but not original in the slightest. It is like a more mature IST. Steve is really stuck on the classic And One sounds. He loves rehashing them.

Now...Melotron. How do I come up with a new way of saying 'disappointment'?
    First off, to the band and their producer, there is such a thing as too much compression on a bass drum. I've never been so ANNOYED with a bass drum in my life. After the 7th or 8th song, my ears and brain had major fatigue!
    Secondly, listen guys, if you've run out of material, putting a bunch of half-a$$ garbage at the end of a CD doesn't make a release better. It just makes it more irritating.

What bothers me so much is that Melotron has clearly sacrificed melody in favor of 'stompiness'. I like a good stomp as much as the next person but I still like to hear other instruments in the song!

Rant over.

Scar
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

Well this is one of the most longed after cd's that i recently acquired...
    Amduscia's 'Melodies for the Devil'
    Just the most gorgeous blend of harsh vocals, dance melodies, and dark electro.
    Worth every moment of my 2 year wait

Agree? Yes No

Evanescence - Fallen
    Camouflage - Sesor
    Iris - Awakening

Agree? Yes No

I am currently having a ball with Melotron. I really love their new album. (Noone ever mentiones how beautiful Mediensturm is!!) In fact I really like all of their stuff!

I am also at the moment enjoying De/Vision. It's sad, I've had 90% of their albums for quite some time and I'd put them on every so often but now I actually am getting familliar with all the tracks. I was somewhat dissapointed in Devolution but after hearing it a bit more it's not bad. It's still not my favourite album though. (I love Void and Monosex)

I also picked up stuff by In Strict Confidence (love kills) and Diary or Dreams. (freak perfume) I liked both actually. Though again, I'd say both were good but not necessarily great.

The biggest dissapointment for me this year was Wolfsheim. I CANNOT get into it!! I can't!! I play the first 2 tracks then have this overwhelming urge to whip it out of my cd player. It;s awful, I wanted to like it!

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Love the avatar, Dingerz.
    Efreak

Agree? Yes No

I really like Combichrist's album though no-one else here seems to. It's hardly the most intelligent record but it sounds great to dance to.

The First Aid Recordings compilation,"Proven in Action", really impressed me too.

Most of all though I LOVE "fear:disconnection" by Trademark. They're an unsigned band and I got the CD off their site www.trademark-online.co.uk. Kinda like very early Mesh (Originals era) with some slightly harsher songs too. Heard a song randomly at a gig then the powers of the net led me to them.

I'm let down by Oil 10's "Arena" - it's nice but I find it just sinks into the background...

Agree? Yes No

Null Device - Sublimation. Great music and vocals, and they do an awesome cover of the smith's "there is a light that never goes out". Well worth the money.

Agree? Yes No

I really enjoyed SC's Anthology... stunning! Well, they can't do wrong anyway (imho)

Enjoyed last Decoded Feedback too - name has slipped my memory... but it is really nice...

Really would like to get hold of the new Xenomorph, Quippoth... loved their previous stuff and can't xseem to find the new one anywhere... so if anyone knows I'd be 4ever grateful!
    humanity is not what i suffer from

Agree? Yes No

Right now I am still being blown away by most of the new Taktical Sect EP Burn Process on a daily basis. I strongly suggest checking out the track Soulless if you are into hard, dark electro in anyway. Other than that CD I also recently got a copy of the new Icon of Coil single and have to say that I am very disappointed. I had been looking forward to their new stuff for a while and I just hope that the Android single is not a sign of whats to come with the full length next year.

Jasyn

Agree? Yes No

I also recently acquired the new Taktical Sect EP Burn Process. It is truly essential, as is the debut album. Usually I don't care for remixes, however, the SITD remix of Xfixiation on this EP is just classic.

Aside; I hear very little progression in sound re Android. I will still buy the album in February though.

Tristesse de la Lune's album is also highly enjoyable.
    For Eloquence the Soul, Song charms the Sense.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by intervox
    Null Device - Sublimation. Great music and vocals, and they do an awesome cover of the smith's "there is a light that never goes out". Well worth the money.
    wow, I love that song! I'll have to look around for that version...

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by asbestos pig
    [b]Most of all though I LOVE "fear:disconnection" by Trademark. They're an unsigned band and I got the CD off their site www.trademark-online.co.uk. Kinda like very early Mesh (Originals era) with some slightly harsher songs too. Heard a b>

Thanks for the recommendation on this band! I checked out their stuff and, indeed, they are very good. Considering purchasing this album....

*dan loves discovering quality, unsigned bands*
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

In the last 4 months I bought these ones that I really love:

Real Life "Imperfection"
    Alphaville "Crazy Show"
    De/Vision "Devolution Tour"
    Iris "Reconnect"

aside I still need to buy MANY new releases.... like Droom for exemple...

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

Color Theory ~ Dm Tribute
    Iris ~ Awakening
    Red Flag ~ Who are the skulls? (Took me a while)
    B! Machine ~ Temple Maxi (This guy is so damn good)

I love soooo many artists at A Different Drum.
    SO many great bands to listen to during the 3-4 year hiatus Depeche gives me between releases.
    Simply having a wonderful Christmas time.

Agree? Yes No

I haven't been grooving on too much electro recently, a little tho--

The Darkness- Permission To Land
    The Strokes- Room on Fire
    Interpol- whatever the name of their disc is, I don't have it here.
    Fiction 8- Forever, Nevermore
    Visit deadbeatproductions.com for information on the new \"HaLO: The Best of Madtown Electro & Synth NOW!

Agree? Yes No

X-Fusion - 'Dial D for Demons'
    Tristesse de la Lune - 'A Heart Whose Love is Innocent'
    Ayria - 'Debris'

Are the cd's that have kept me smiling on my car and bus journeys this past week

PS: i agree with the above opinions on Tactical Sekt 'Burn Process EP' too... great digital anger management... *LOL*

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dan1boy
    Thanks for the recommendation on this band! I checked out their stuff and, indeed, they are very good. Considering purchasing this album....
    You're welcome If you liked the MP3s on the site then DEF get the album - even better songs are on it! Which surprised me as most bands put out the MP3s of their strongest songs but hey..

Agree? Yes No

Overhead EP - Blank
    Android - Icon of Coil
    Ritual Decay - Empusae
    Dependent Club Invasion - Various Artists
    The Day Before EP - Psycho ?????
    Debris Ltd Edition - Ayria
    Between Darkness and Wonder - Lamb
    Great Wall - Paul Oakenfold
    Maniacal - Front Line Assembly
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well Im better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I cant compete with that.\"

Thread Information