Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last few releases you picked up that were good?

Agree? Yes No

I'll tell you this Seraphic, if you thought Orange Sector's Backlash CD was good (I thought it was one of the best CDs of all time), then Spetsnaz will put you in a grave.

It is a clone of That Total Age, almost embarrassingly so. Go to their website and listen to the songs on it. Listen to them loud. Then understand that the entire CD is like that.
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

Well..... right now the two bands that I'm *crazy* about are The Sounds (new wave rock) and Low Technicians. I'm slowly turning everyone around me into fans of those two bands. So the two releases that have been hogging up my CD players are Living In America (The Sounds) and Remembrance (Low Tech).

But some other good recent purchases have included:

Virtual Server, Installed
    The Postal Service, Give Up
    Cause and Effect, Sunrise

And ummmmmm..... thats all I can think of right off.

krystal

Agree? Yes No

Cenobita - Metomorfosis
    Front Line Assembly - Total Terror I
    Dulce Liquido - Shock Therapy

these are new to me and they are great to me as well
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

I thought I would'nt like a re-hashing of a song like Honour 2003, but the whole single is pretty good. Especially the last song second skin-at least the voclas are slightly different and it's more of a switched up beat and not four on the floor.
    Groove Armada's Lovebox is damn good.

Agree? Yes No

God, in the past month I've bought a few hundred dollars worth of cds. There are only two good stores on the east coast (USA) and I tend to go on binges when I have the money. Here is the great, the good and the ugly.

Great
    God Module-Empath
    Spektralized-Elements of Truth
    Colony 5-Lifeline & Follow Your Heart
    Nebula H-H
    Negative Format-Cipher Method
    Good
    The Nine-Dreamland
    Negative Format-Static & Distant Pulses
    Angles & Agony-Eternity
    7Red7-Liquid
    Cryonica Tanz Vol.1-Various
    Cryonica Tanz Vol.2-Various
    Cleen-The Voice
    Machineries of Joy Vol.2-Various
    Ugly
    Noxious Emotions-Symbols
    Scavengers In The Matrix-Various
    Awake The Machines Vol. 2-Various
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Yes, Paper Monsters is terrible. Counterfeit 2 is growing on me; but it couldn't ever beat the first mini album. I love singing it.

I disagree with some "letdowns" posted":

NamNambulu - Distances Love it. This is dark synthpop.
    VNV nation - Honor 2003 Great revamp. Crisp and brutal.

Negative Format and Lost Signal have interesting albums out.
    \"the hours of your life were mismeasured,
    yet the missing time crawls, seeps grudgingly
    from your halted vessels and quiet bloodstream,
    from the soul-open stillness of your heart,
    to the uncaring mask that has become your face\"

from \"deadhand deadface\"
    \"\"

Agree? Yes No

In my case, my new gems discovered are:

MICHIGAN - Graceful And In Sin (Like a DM Violator 2)
    SEA OF SIN - Wach Out! (Some songs are SynthPerfect)
    WAVE IN HEAD -All Albums (Is like DM)
    LASGO - (More Dance, but excellent female voice)

-----------------------------------
    In other hand, I recommend so far:

PERFIDIOUS WORDS - All Albums (Caused a Big Impact in me, if you like DM go for this band, download a song called :"mystify me" and you will be crazy)

NEUROACTIVE - Optic fiber Rythm (Excellent - pure synth energy)

BLACK HEAVEN - Obscurity (Dark Synth - Intelligent electronics)

TECHNOIR - GroundLevel (Cool Female Voices, Synth-alot)

DELERIUM - Karma (With the first song you'll be hot, is like Tony Halliday on Bloodline)

ENDANGER - Motion, Espectralizer (Deep voices - DarkElectro)

Cheers!! from CHILE
    Come here my lover...
    Come, see me suffer...
    Hold me my lover...
    I need some cover...

Taken from Perfidious Words Album \"Spreading Silence\".

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by CRISTAL FAN
    PERFIDIOUS WORDS - All Albums (Caused a Big Impact in me, if you like DM go for this band, download a song called :"mystify me" and you will be crazy)

I keep telling people and nobody listens. PW is, by far, one of the best electronic bands on the planet. Way too under-exposed for their own good. 'Mystify Me' is a great song, but go buy 2002's release, 'Spreading Silence.' Talk about a stunning album.

Also, the new remix album should be out end of summer...can't wait for that one.

- Dan

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dan1boy

I keep telling people and nobody listens. PW is, by far, one of the best electronic bands on the planet. Way too under-exposed for their own good. 'Mystify Me' is a great song, but go buy 2002's release, 'Spreading Silence.' Talk about a stunning album.

Also, the new remix album should be out end of summer...can't wait for that one.

- Dan
    I also love PW but for some reason I always find a pain in the ass to find their music
    Costa Rica Synthfest, April 1st 06
    www.crsynthfest.com

Agree? Yes No

I'm new here, but I'll chime in with some cd's I've purchased sort of recently.

Pain¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ - Skin on Fire - It caught my ear at first because all driving electro does. Then it seemed pretty generic, which it still might be. But now I'm hooked. I find it infectious and I sense some sort of honest emotion in it.

Novakill - Hard Tech for a Hard World - Haven't listened to much of it yet. I bought it because I liked the name. So far it's not to thrilling, but the lyrics are decent.

Synapscape - Hands on Centrozoan - Completely blech. It sounds like they had a bad accident with Underworld. WTF were they thinking. Does not sound like anything they've done before, which isn't in and of itself a bad thing. Just be warned.

Asche - Distorted DJ - My first thought was...this is pretty much just techno being marketed as noise. And that's just about what it is. It's decent.

Aslan Faction - Sindrome of Separation - I was stunned by Blunt Force Trauma, but eventually the lack of diversity between songs led to intermittent listening. On this release there seem to be some nuances that previous AF lacked. It's still bombastic, and some if it reminds me Amgod (which kicks nuts), but the emotion seems to be more layered and refined.

Disharmony - Moonflower - Didn't even have to listen to it and I liked it. Er. The minute I put it in I was interested. Not your standard industrial genre release. Some lighter atmospheric instrumentals with relaxing subtropic rhythms. Something you might hear while you're getting a massage. Then it's totally different and sounds something like Seven Trees, or Dismantled, or Fektion Fekler, or even Jihad...but not really. Not a cd that is going to attack you with anthemic dancefloor mayhem.

Solitary Experiments - Final Assault - Crapfulness full steam ahead. I liked God Where Are You. I keep trying with this band and they keep sucking.

Dark Awakening 3 - Even my cat hated it.

Awake the Machines 4 - And I bought this why?

I also have to note, as a major Hocico fan, that Disidencia was somewhat disappointing. It sounds like they put it through the electro formula machine. Ruptura is okay, catchy. But Ladykiller is terrible. I understand what they are doing with their music, I know not to take their lyrics at face value, but Ladykiller just seems to lack any substance. It feels cheap. It doesn't hit me in the gut like the rest of Hocico. And then there is the vocal version of Silent Wrath. The instrumental itself was supreme. But the vocals are clumsy and I feel jarred by how out of sync they are. It's disappointing really. I'm looking forward to the next release though.

oh god, they edited out Painb@$t@rd. LOL!

Agree? Yes No

Thumbs up:

PAIN ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ - Skin on Fire
    ROTERSAND - Merging Oceans (old, I know)
    NNB - Distances
    SPEKTRALIZED ( I know it's old, but regardless, they still hold my #1 position)

HUGE disappointments:

COMBICHRIST - Joy of Gunz (unbearable! -- shelved for life)
    AND ONE - Aggressor (didn't care for the older material anyway)
    PRIDE & FALL - Nephesh (All Freakin' hype -- too much FILLER!)
    GLIS (Biggest farce in 2003! I can't believe the comparisons record companies have put on this band. Just slap VNV or A23 in a bands debut description and you get a sucker like me -- another that should make the trash can from my chair! SWISH!)

There are plenty others that are surely on the S H I T E list but, lucky for them, I can'r think of them at the moment.

Agree? Yes No

Hey if you really liked that DISHARMONY cd, then Id strongly, VERY strongly suggest you track down Mortal Constraint's Legend of Deformation CD, Polygon - Refuge CD, any Putrify Factor 7 CD, and Placebo effect - galleries of Pain. All of the bands are very very similar. I love em

Agree? Yes No

Thanks for the recommend...I've never heard of Mortal Constraint, I think I've heard of Polygon, and I have Putrefy and Placebo already. Those are good, but what happened to them. How about an industrial "Where are they Now?". LOL>

Agree? Yes No

Well...

Polygon/Mortal Constraint - Same guy basicly. The first Polygon album was identical to the Mortal Constraint CD. He then scrapped that sound/idea and released/continues to release minimal, atmospheric soundscapes as Polygon. I hate it. :/

Placebo Effect - The singer just released a CD a year or two ago under the name Breathe. It sounds like old Placebo effect (Surprise!). They have out one CD. Havent put out anything since.

PF7 - they just ceased to exsist lol

When someone asks me: Name your top 10 CDs, Mortal Constraint's Legend of Deformation is one of them. I love that damn CD so much I had to rebuy it from overplay. Its that good =p

Agree? Yes No

Ugh! I forgot about this thread. Let's see if I can remember all of the stuff lately, but I'm bound to miss something.

Great
    Funker Vogt-Revivor
    Cyberlab 4

Good
    U-Turn: Implant & Headscan
    Funker Vogt-Machine Zeit
    Lights of Euphoria-Krieg Gegen Die Maschinen
    Pride and Fall-Nephesh
    Colony 5-Structures
    God Module-Perception

Ugly
    Luckly nothing!
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Scar Chemik
    Spetsnaz - Grand Design (pure Nitzer Ebb clone but better done IMO)

Scar
    ---I think they are better than Nitzer Ebb actually. And since Nitzer Ebb no longer exists then they don't really have to be a clone, do they?

Nevermind, I know what you mean.

Hell yea though, Pick that one up if you're into Old School Nitzer Ebb!!!

Breye 7x
    Section 44 Records
    Los Angeles € Denver € Houston
    http://www.section44.com

Agree? Yes No

Recent music I'm happy to have spent the money on:

Clan of Xymox - Farewell
    Fear Factory - Concrete
    Toxic Shock 7's - Original Recording Remastered
    Nick Warren - Budapest
    \"The things you own end up owning you.\"

Agree? Yes No

don't any of you fools listen to anything other than electro/industrial/synth?!?!?!? All of these GREAT releases, and there's like 3 that aren't synthy. C'mon I know this garden's for electronic music, and I'm not saying give me some great folk albums, but there's so much awesome music out there, that's not all programming.
    Anyone hear any good house, funk, rock, ambient, hip hop, downtempo, jazz?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by conditioner
    don't any of you fools listen to anything other than electro/industrial/synth?!?!?!? All of these GREAT releases, and there's like 3 that aren't synthy. C'mon I know this garden's for electronic music, and I'm not saying give me some great folk albums, but there's so much awesome music out there, that's not all programming.
    Anyone hear any good house, funk, rock, ambient, hip hop, downtempo, jazz?
    Well sure, but for probably a lot of the people here it is just what they are heavily into at the moment. I have stuff from jazz to classical to lounge singers (Tom Jones ROCKS!)to etc. in my collection, but I don't care enough about those genres in general to keep up with anything new or what is going on. Besides this is titled the "INDUSTRIAL/EBM/NOISE" forum.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

Agree? Yes No

i thought i was gonna get the ,"this is the ebm forum" thing after my dumbass looked at the forum title. sorry, but still.

Thread Information