Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: A Review of Red Flag

Agree? Yes No

Smile A Review of Red Flag

I found this while searching around for Red Flag stuff. Unfortunately I cannot read German. If anyone can translate it, that would be awesome. Here is a really awesome picture from the site.

http://www.e-lectric.de/101.htm

Ack! I found some more pictures on that website.

http://www.e-lectric.de/redflag_live.htm

Agree? Yes No

That is a great picture. Mark looks happy too. The whole thing is a damn tragedy, that's for sure. Mark was a good guy, he really helped out my radio show alot. Gonna miss that dude.

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: A Review of Red Flag

Originally posted by NightHalo
    [b]I found this while searching around for Red Flag stuff. Unfortunately I cannot read German. b>
    I ran the site through google and got it to translate

http://translate.google.com/translat...8%26oe%3DUTF-8

I'm not sure however whether it makes any more sense in this state, although it makes an amusing read and we can probably guess what it really means

Simeon

Agree? Yes No

Where's Molesharding? He's from Germany.

Love that pic, btw. And the concert photos from the other link are awesome! Sure makes me wish I'd stayed a synthpop fan all my life instead of getting into other stuff in the 90s, so I would have had the opportunity to actually see RF live.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

From what I gather it is pretty much about the party and then it talks about how Red Flag played and then about the Crypt album. However that is all I can deduce without knowing German.

And yes!
    I love that picture, it kinda reminds me of the picture they took in Peru. Happy pics!
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

here's a translation for you. taken a few liberties here and there in the translation to make it a smoother read in english.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 101-Party for the Masses that took place in Hamburg from friday 27.04.01 to monday 30.04.01 was a great succes. Contrary to other Depeche Mode parties, at this party only Depeche Mode songs were played. There was another smaller venue for songs by other bands. The ingenious lightshow, the playing of live versions, the stage smoke and the big screen hanging behind the scene onto which images of Depeche Mode were projected ensured that a true concert atmosphere was created. Even inbetween songs there was enthusiastic cheering as if the band was really on stage. Like it was said lately in an ARD (skylla: German national TV-station) report: "The Depeche Mode fans doesn't even need the band anymore". Even so Dave Gahan personally opened the show via video message ("...the party starts now!"). On friday Red Flag and Evil's Toy performed live. Unfortunately there weren't too many people left in the venue, especially when Red Flag was playing. But at the Red Flag concert you could sense by the reactions of the 150 people standing directly in front of the stage that the performance was still something very special. After all it was the first time in the 17-year history of the band that they were performing live in Germany. They played a few classics from their US-Chart-Album "Naive Art" (1988) and also songs from their new album "The Crypt". Later we met Red Flag at the "Hamburger Rathaus-Markt" (skylla: the city hall market square in Hamburg) for a classic e-lectric date (see the pictures). There they told us about the beautiful german women and the tasty beer. ;-) They were thrilled about the concert and they told us that they only manage to make a new mcd available at their website every month because their hometown has a very fast internet connection so that new ideas always can be exchanged between them fast. To do this they don't need any record label with a vast distribution network. New ideas are produced and essentially immediately offered to the public. We have put together a couple of pictures from the evening here. In Germany their current album "The Crypt" is distributed quite normaly through the label SPR. There you can also order the very gloomy, melodic album. On saturday evening S.P.O.C.K. performed and they thrilled the Depeche Mode fans with an absolute party-fun-show. As the band played their "Never Trust a Klingon" towards the end of the show and also played the 1981'er "Ice Machine" by Depeche Mode as their last encore (according to Android only because of this very special occasion of "the longest Depeche Mode party in the world") an exstatic mood spread across the venue. Even the DJ of the night was so astounded after the performance that he conveyed over the microphone that he didn't even know how he should find a bridging anymore. Sunday De/Vision were performing, but unfortunately by then we were already back home. But on the Nacht-Wandler homepage there is a report and photos.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

come to think of it, i'm not really sure that the word "bridging" actually exists. what i meant by that was what a DJ does when he connects two songs or two shows by doing his DJing stuff... whatever it's called.

Agree? Yes No

Skylla, thank you very much! You rock!!! I appreciated your inserting the explanatory comments too. It really helped.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

What an incredible pic, NightHalo. Kudos.
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Thank you so much skylla. I appreciate it. Lucky people who stayed; sounds like a great show!
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Thread Information