Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Synthpop Dead?

Blog Entries

its quiet cuz synthpop is dead
    you fools!!!!!!
    uh....... yea thats jon voight

Quote Originally Posted by MiscGenius View Post
    its quiet cuz synthpop is dead
    you fools!!!!!!

BULLSH*T. I'm here. I'm buying CD's, I'm looking for new groups, I'm working on my own stuff. I'm stoked. If it's dead then I must be a zombie....RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD!!!

Right on man. What we need is for people to post and stop just fucking lurking. Even if it is in the sections or threads that are not about music. Hell, people have to have opinions right? Don't be scared just talk about anything I promise I won't put anyone down. Heh heh heh..........

Synthpop: Not dead. Not as long as I live and breathe and make or play the music. There are some killer releases out this year too. No kidding.

It's quiet because no one knows this place is back yet. Give it time. Meanwhile I will go and do my part and spread the word.

If there is not enough topics on music then it would not hurt to have people just voice out about other things. It's not like there is nothing else but music to comment on.

just learn to enjoy the silence man

Quote Originally Posted by Trentreant View Post
    If there is not enough topics on music then it would not hurt to have people just voice out about other things. It's not like there is nothing else but music to comment on.
    No kidding. Either way I am cool with whatever though.

+1 from me. The other places I have seen are sickening with a) know it all's that act like they know what good music is and basically say everything else is garbage b) bad mood members that are constantly just vitrol spilling c) combination of the two so it is better to have a little of good then a mountain of crap.
    - No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

i know what you mean. unfortunately it seems like no one is really talking about synthpop anymore and even the industrial or ebm discussions are slow. mostly forums today are communitites where people just talk about a whole lot of other day to day news and stuff and then the music parts are in there somewhere.

Exactly. A community does not get created on the topic of music alone and in this case with the music being so underground or unknown it will never happen.

People need to feel like they can just rap aboutn whatever and then there is a sense of a group which attracts more and more people. Music is just one small par t of that. Check out other places where there are more activity and you will see some posts on bands plugging themselves or labels and then so many community styled thread fests on a various topics of all scope.

Any Arizona people on here besides me? Anyone else skateboard besides me? Any S.P.O.C.K fans here besides me? LOL

Blog Entries

there were several people from arizona
    here not too long ago
    it was too boring so they left

i am into video games or weightlifting
    but can talk about news items or whatever too

there were several people from arizona
    here not too long ago
    it was too boring so they left

i am into video games or weightlifting
    but can talk about news items or whatever too
    LOL Boring indeed. Synthpop is not dead, it is undead.

Default Inventor digitally deconstructs recorded chords

The latest maggot feasting upon the festering remains of what we used to call music.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCjv4_jqAY

It seems like a sick abhorration, but remember that even maggots serve a vital purpose in the greater scheme.

Gone are the days when technological limitations forced musicians to work.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxwellNeon View Post
    The latest maggot feasting upon the festering remains of what we used to call music.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCjv4_jqAY

It seems like a sick abhorration, but remember that even maggots serve a vital purpose in the greater scheme.

Gone are the days when technological limitations forced musicians to work.
    Wow, all the singer needs now is to just have a pleasant tone. Looks like pitch and even timing can be arranged after the fact. I agree that true music and artistry is slowly going out the window, certainly in popular music.

OneOnOne

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
    I think that the scene or base for synthpop was or is just as big as the industrial scene which is still alive in some ways. Both of these scenes are heavy on the artists and low on the pure fans. Because of this heavy artists ratio and what comes with it the synthpop scene imploded from within with infighting and various dramas and the interest decreased over time as a result from all sides. The industrial scene has its share of fighting and all that ofcourse but they deal with it better IMO and it just seems to persevere. The synthpop or whatever crowd just ate itself to death from the inside and fragmented into a few pockets that are left here and there.

WTF? This place is still here so I must comment?

Boo hoo and this is so true. The scene which built up on the net and was also killed on it. The drama queens and band versus band blather was like some kind of sick kindergarten where the actors on top of being out of place had no nuts to stay in the fight so should not of been kicking each other to begin with. All the anti certain label or anti religion attacks and just plain who is liked by whom and why and who deserves praise and who does not and i can say anything cuz it is imo and such crap was all just a matter of jealousy and it swelled up over and over until the patient was dead.

Too bad on that since the music had a chance to perk up beyond the scene if the actual scence held together at the seams.

Now just lay in crap with nothing.

Blog Entries

@OneOnOne

EGN is still here and doing fine. Not kicking around quite like the olden days but still here for sure. I would not have put things quite so bluntly but since you did quote me I will say that I do agree for the most part with your comment.

Were you a member of the old site/forum?
    ...I sure hope this is the real deal.

I'm stoked to be involved and was bummed when the old EGN went down. Hopefully more of the positive people that were there will find their way back. WE will build it back up!!

Blog Entries

there is a synthpop label
    that still carries the torch
    called a different drum
    they seem to be very synthpop focused
    so things look ok for them

there is a synthpop label
    that still carries the torch
    called a different drum
    they seem to be very synthpop focused
    so things look ok for them
    In our opinion, ADD neutered synthpop by lowering the standards.
    We must give them credit as they redefined a genre.
    But unfortunately, it's rubbish compared to what synthpop used to mean.
    It was born out of punk rock and glam rock.
    If you listen to ADD, their acts do not rock, they're clean protools aberrations.
    There's no grit, no dirt, no rebellion and no truth.
    Of course this is just our opinion and though we may not agree, we welcome all opinions and perspectives.

Thread Information