Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Flag 1994 Los Angeles

test

Agree? Yes No

Question Red Flag 1994 Los Angeles

Does anyone know anything about this show? I heard it last night for the very first time. I have 15 tracks and a tracklisting for 11 songs. I am still new to Red Flag, and don't know all of the songs by heart yet. I do know that they covered Somebody. Mark had a beautiful voice. sigh!!! The recording itself isn't the best but hearing the show was really neat!

I would appreciate any help.

Agree? Yes No

I also have this show...It was recorded live at The Palace in Hollywood 1994...Mine is also an audience though...Although I love the guy who yells out Freebird during the encore break!!!

It's not one of their better live shows as Mark makes quite a few mistakes on the lyrics...For example...During the Russian Radio reprise on the last song, he says..."...*missed que* From 100 miles away, getting so much closer *he laughs* everyday, I change all the words, I make them up as I go along, thats what I do...And I spend my days..."

It's one of the most hilarious moments in Red Flag live history, but it's worth having and always makes me smile when I listen to it

See Steph, you spoiled it though, that was one on the way to you...Oh well, now you have two

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

test

Agree? Yes No

No, Dan, it's called DSL baby!

Agree? Yes No

OMG Dan, what else did Mark mess up in that show?
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by 7red7
    It's not one of their better live shows as Mark makes quite a few mistakes on the lyrics...
    I went to an Oingo Boingo concert a few years ago where Danny Elfman really messed up on one song - I thought it actually made the whole experience more enjoyable...

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by tholyoak

I went to an Oingo Boingo concert a few years ago where Danny Elfman really messed up on one sing - I thought it actually made the whole experience more enjoyable...
    Oh exactly, thats what I'm talking about, it made for a way better song...Mark always had a great sense of humor

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

This is the one of the joys of live music. Totally off-topic, but an English folk/rock singer Billy Bragg (you may have heard of him) is notorious for changing the lyrics when performing live - his backing band threatened to quit once because they coudn't pick up their cues in the songs because the lyrics changed every time

I've not seen any live RF albums about - where can you get hold of them?

Cheers

Simeon

test

Agree? Yes No

I got this recording from a download site.

Agree? Yes No

Does anyone know if Plan B will release anything more from Red Flag? I would think a Live album would be a possibility (I don't know how much recording of thier own shows RF did).
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by jetjaguar15
    Does anyone know if Plan B will release anything more from Red Flag? I would think a Live album would be a possibility (I don't know how much recording of thier own shows RF did).
    The word was that there will be no further releases, and Plan B no longer exists.

Both the Red Flag and the Plan B web sites were taken down shortly after the word was given.

(And I am sooo glad I bought and downloaded the unreleased stuff before it was too late - I just wish I had gotten the pdf files, and not just the music...)

Agree? Yes No

I was checking on MP3.COM the other day and they have all of the Red Flag albums for sale. Check it out if any of you are missing some of the albums.

Unfortunately, the clipets are all gone now too!
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

I just looked on MP3.com myself...it redirects you to Amazon for the RF albums, most of which are still in stock. Too bad I didn't go there sooner because it looks like someone put up some used copies of Naive Dance on there but they're gone now.

Also, I saw three audio clips up on the MP3 site, but I don't know if they work or not because I didn't register with the site.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

Agree? Yes No

So it looks like Forgiving Sea and (sorry my mind is gone right now), the other probably b-side were the last songs available from RF

DAN

Agree? Yes No

I think the other two audio files on MP3.com were Shadow Warrior and an edited version of the title track from Codebreaker T133.

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

You know, I dont remember this.... Frankly I was looking everywhere for synthpop shows in 94. THe only time synthpop shows were happening was when Anything Box was playing a lot at small clubs.. I guess I did not look enough, but I'm shock that I did not know about it, usually if there is any synthshows, it goes through me too... At the Palace too???

Guys, you know I luv you all, can I , well, lets see, hhmmmmm, well, ummmmm, can I have a tiny tiny tiny little copy..... ...pleaseeeeeeee, i've been good...
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

test

Agree? Yes No

Mark, email me. I have some other things (non RF) that you might be interested in.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by 7red7
    So it looks like Forgiving Sea and (sorry my mind is gone right now), the other probably b-side were the last songs available from RF

DAN
    The other song was "Dark Side of the Sun".

By the way, does anyone else think the words to "Forgiving Sea" are a little creepy?

Originally posted by Bornslippy
    You know, I dont remember this.... Frankly I was looking everywhere for synthpop shows in 94. THe only time synthpop shows were happening was when Anything Box was playing a lot at small clubs.. I guess I did not look enough, but I'm shock that I did not know about it, usually if there is any synthshows, it goes through me too... At the Palace too???
    Agnes Poetry was doing a lot of shows back then - but you probably didn't know about the shows unless you lived in Utah (they were a local band here).

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Stephanie
    I got this recording from a download site.
    Thanks Stephanie - can you tell me the address of the site.

I've had a look around and there appears to be a few live recordings although I've yet to find out how obtainable they actually are. Am I right in assuming that all such recordings are "unofficial"?

Thanks

Simeon

Agree? Yes No

You can usually find stuff from AOL IRC chat rooms most of the time...Synth is pretty hard to come by these days, but there are a few people out there who have them available to download...Oh and you are correct, the live recordings are all unofficial

HAPPY SEARCHING!!!

DAN

Agree? Yes No

That show only have 11 tracks, the guy who record to you must added some extra live tracks from other shows.

here all that I have:

- Live in Palo Alto CA 1990
    1-intro
    2-if I ever
    3-give me your hand
    4-broken heart
    5-machines
    6-shame on the moon
    7-russian radio
    8-all roads lead to you
    9-count to three
    10-rain
    11-rescue
    12-russian radio (reprise)

- Live in LA 1994
    1-in my dreams
    2-give me your hand
    3-my love
    4-if I ever
    5-broken heart
    6-shame on the moon
    7-tainted love (Soft Cell)
    8-machines
    9-somebody (Depeche Mode)
    10-I remember
    11-russian radio

- Live in San Jose, CA 2001
    1-intro/I see you
    2-russian radio
    3-cause and consequence
    4-if I ever
    5-fear of a red planet
    6-king of everything
    7-broken heart
    8-beyond the ice
    9-for the dark
    10-all roads lead to you
    11-immigrant song
    12-goodbye
    13-asylum
    14-tainted love

- Live at The Rage Nightclub, Sacramento, CA 18-02-2001
    1-intro
    2-curtains
    3-asylum
    4-if I ever
    5-I see you
    6-synthpopalloza
    7-russian radio
    8-for the dark
    9-king of everything
    10-all roads leads to you
    11-I remember
    12-broken heart
    13-deeper shade of blue
    14-goodbye
    15-tainted love
    16-rain
    17-fear of a the red planet
    18-machines

I can offer all for a live VHS/DVD/VCD recording!

Freddy

Thread Information