I titled this thread 'open' question because I'm curious to what other's input would be.
First off, to the editors of SIDE-LINE, thanks for a great mag.I have really enjoyed it so far and feel its gotten better each issue.
Now, my question.
Have you ever considered doing articles that are not band interviews but more about the scene? Don;t get me mistaken, I enjoy the interviews a lot, I would just like something to break them up. Here are some of my thoughts:
1) Top selling albums
2) What is moving me (editors takes on the current CDs they can't stop playing)
3) Top selling stores and/or web sites (this could greatly help artists distributing material)
Ideas for features:
1) An annual 'State of the Industry'
2) Where are they now? Find big bands from the 80s or 90s electro/EBM/synthpop scene and find out what they're up to.
3) Day jobs. We know that many in this scene can't support themselves solely on the music. What do people do, when they're not doing music?
4) Pioneer articles: How did Kraftwerk start out, what about 242, FLA, Klinik.
5) Pioneer clubs/DJs
These are just some ideas. What are your thoughts?