Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camouflage Forum ? Where is it?

Agree? Yes No

Default Camouflage Forum ? Where is it?

I wonder if we have enough interest to have a Camouflage forum under Band Central?

Is there enough reminiscing, stories, comparisons and new information that this would be warranted?

I think there might be.

Especially with their new release coming out. I know the band updates their own site regularly and if we had some good traffic they might even pop in here.

Since I am unclear on what the procedures would be to get such a forum created maybe this post could either be the impetus for a vote or at least supportive or non-supportive postings.

Let me know what you think.

I am a huge fan of their music.

Paul

Agree? Yes No

I agree 100%. I've wondered why they didnt have their own forum in band central.

Agree? Yes No

Really. Is there still something interesting to discuss relevant to Erasure and Pet Shop Boys? It's almost embarrasing.

Agree? Yes No

Um, they've both put out albums in the past six months. They are at least as relevant as Camouflage (who do deserve a forum by the way).
    \"Who doesn\'t love \"Born Slippy\"?
    -Neil Tennant on
    http://petshopboys.co.uk

Listen To The Best Broadcasts On The Internet
    http://www.geocities.com/djdaftmonk/radioegn

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dan1boy
    It's almost embarrasing.
    To whom?
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

I agree that Camouflage deserves its own forum. To digress for a moment, back in 1988, NYC's alternative radio station (WDRE) had a call-in radio contest for best alternative band. Listeners called in to vote for their favorite band. The remaining two top bands were U2 and Camouflage. Unbelievably, Camouflage beat out U2 (possibly due to overplaying U2 and/or tampering votes). This on the strength of just a few songs that WDRE aired (Great Commandment, Neighbours, and That Smiling Face.)
    Anyway, I thought it was an applicable anecdote for this thread.

Agree? Yes No

Yes we need it....
    Max

Agree? Yes No

They DO deserve their own thread here. I still remember how big they was back then. The fact that they haven't release new materials in ages doesn't mean they don't worth to be mentioned.

It would be great if EGN could dedicate CAMOUFLAGE thread here so that all CAMOUFLAGE fans will be able to discuss about this band more thoroughly. I know there are plenty of their fans outhere. In fact, their new release "SENSOR" is SPECTACULAR.

Go, Camouflage!!!
    Cheers........
    \"The love in the world begins with the love within ourselves.\"

Agree? Yes No

Absolutely!!! There are plenty of reasons to have a Camouflage forum. First off, the latest release is AWESOME!!! Eight years is a very long time to wait between albums, but they have returned in spectacular fashion. They have also come back with with their original band lineup. After listening to "Sensor", you'll really be able to tell that the chemistry is definitely there. The new tracks are GREAT!!!
    Cheetah

Agree? Yes No

Thumbs up We can do it!

I have receivde a message back from Electrogarden management. Here is what it says.

>>If there is a thread where this is requested and at least 25 >>different members request the forum we can give it a try.
    >>
    >>Thanks.

Let's see if we can reach that number so Camouflage can warrant its own forum. It looks like we are up to 8 (eight) if we can assume a little from the posts already in this thread. Let your friends know to chime in. Let your voice be heard. It will make a difference.

Thanks

Paul

Agree? Yes No

I'm in! I think they (Camouflage) need a forum. They are a respected act that should be honored for their contribution to the synthpop community.
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Did you know that Marcus Meyn ( lead singer of Camouflage) is a member of Electrogarden??? Maybe you could get some input from him.
    Cheetah

Agree? Yes No

No __cking way!!!
    Seriously???
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

You bet Jamie. His name on EGN is 'mmeyn'. I even have him on my buddy list. Check out his profile if you get a chance. Cheers!!!
    Cheetah

Agree? Yes No

Huhhh?!?
    First, Mike from Monolithic...
    Then Dan from Nukleon...
    Now Marcus from Camouflage???
    I knew being an EGN member was special, but HOLY MACARONI!!!
    With heart *pounding*, I sign...
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Hello everybody out there!

Me and my band just released our sixth album "Sensor" and had an overwhelming #26 chartentry, which we never had before, with an album! We are very, very happy and we can only invite you, to listen back to it! If you have any questions - just ask!

Best regards,
    Marcus

Agree? Yes No

Hey Marcos,

Congratulations on the chart entry. I'm so happy for you. You guys diserve it.

The new CD is Excellent. Thanks for not letting the fans down. Your music is and always has been an inspiration for me.

Any plans to tour in the US? I hope so!

Rich

Agree? Yes No

We definatly need a Camouflage Forum on EGN.

I ordered my copy of Sensor a few days a go and are looking forward to getting it in mail any day now !!!

Bring on the Comouflage FORUM !!
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

Agreed, it's a fantastic album. Definitely some strong work from Camouflage.

And count me in on wanting a forum for them as well.
    SlothRadio - Playing the best in modern and classic synthpop and new wave.

Agree? Yes No

I want a forum too!

Thread Information