Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Just got back from Covenant/Melotron...

Agree? Yes No

Default Just got back from Covenant/Melotron...

...what an excellent show. They even closed with "One World, One Sky" - classic.

I just wish folks in Toronto would learn to dance and stop standing around like knobs staring at the band. If I were the guy on stage (and one day I shall be) I'd be telling those folks to move their asses by either A) dancing or 2) get the いい out of the way for those that want to dance.

is it like that in other cities/countries too?

cheers (especially to all those that grooved with me tonight),
    d
    -= | i.make.sound | =-
    -= | v01d | =-

Agree? Yes No

show us more......pictures.......video........!!!!

i'd love to see american audience chewing popcorn standing numbly at the edge of the scene meanwhile herr Krueger rages out in convulsions

offcoz they're no ballet dancers

Agree? Yes No

sadly it happens here in L.A Shows too I see people standing around just staring at the band,people looking at each other it gets boring at times. For the hocico and Cenobita show they'werent so many people but the audience was pretty good dancing,pushing,singing,slamming I'm not an hocico or Cenobita fan though, but I got involved with the crowd really makes you part of the show. Energy is what we need for this concerts

Good thing you brought this up how's the audience in europe or in other countries???

people from another planet living on earth today.....

Agree? Yes No

When I saw Ohgr w/ Cevin Key @ the palace a couple years ago there were a bunch of hipsters that wouldn't dance and were just staring. Of course, his stuff's not too danceable either.
    But for Apop-forget it. People were going crazy during the last 7-8 songs. Folks were a little too "cool" at first, but then they just started rockin'.
    Here's a tip. If there's only a few people dancing and you;re feelin it-DANCE. Other people will follow. If you're there to enjoy a band you dig and you just stand around like a retard then you wasted 25$. Ahh the price of looking cool. I have a feeling Covenant is gonna tear a ffucckkin roof off.

Agree? Yes No

God damn right you sons of b|tches! MOVE YOUR FAT ASSES!!!!!!
    Rock hard and have lots of fun you slimey waste of swine flesh.

-OLMEK

Agree? Yes No

Saturday May 31st 2003
    Covenant "Northern Light Tour" 2003
    http://www.covenant.dk

With Special Guests:
    Melotron- http://www.melotron.de
    Iris - http://www.irismusic.com
    Low Technicians - http://www.lowtechnicians.com

@ SiN 13
    1902 McCullough
    San Antonio, Texas, 78212
    http://www.sin13.com

Tickets available though http://www.paypal.com for $22
    Pay Pal account - Veronyka13@yahoo.com
    http://www.SiN13.com

Agree? Yes No

These dance threads always make me laugh. Apparently someone can't like music without having to love "moving their fat asses".
    Kris \'Destral\' Wilke
    kris@destral.net
    www.destral.net

Agree? Yes No

there's a diff between liking music, dancing and sitting like a lame-wad of camel poo on the dancefloor STARING at the band as their pumpin out rhythmics scientifically designed to dance to.

d
    -= | i.make.sound | =-
    -= | v01d | =-

Agree? Yes No

LOL scientifically designed to dance to. Shut the いい up.
    Kris \'Destral\' Wilke
    kris@destral.net
    www.destral.net

Agree? Yes No

I actually enjoy sitting and watching a band. I don't feel it diminishes my respect or enjoyment for the band, I just don't feel the need tro dance for dancing sake. If I'm in the mood, i'll get up and move. If not, i won't. It doesn't make me a "hipster". It doesn't make me a "fat ass".

Agree? Yes No

That is exactly why I think a lot of the whole goth/industrial scene is just damn silly. Ive been going to such shows and clubs for a decade, and while th emusic has changed, the people havent.

I just saw Covenant, and sadly it was virtulaly mostly all the Sprocket's Dieter German artsy "stand around in black looking stoic like at an art gallery" types. I think I was one of the few people jumping up and down and getting really into it.

Thats why I lovvve seeing VNV so much. Ronan somehow manages to get all the sour puss goff and industrial folks to feel that its *OK* to get all energetic and exited (like at a rave)

When I saw VNV/Apop in 2000 it was more energetic in crowd atmosphere...

I mean feck man...why pay $30 for a kareoke show if all youre gonna do is just stand there? Move mutha fecka!

Oh...btw one thing I *HATE* after going to a decade woth of these or any other shows. Those rude couples...you know, the guy is behind his gf, and their being all lovey dovey and obnoxious, and they get all mad if gosh forbid ya wanna get energetic or not stay stationary(ie: the protective moat keepers as I call em)

Damn...well, love the music bypass the scene is what I say
    .:\\\\.:PockyBot:.//
    www.pockybot.com
    a cyberpunk kid...a tech girl, and a ninja penguin...the wacky cyberpunk adventure has begun

Agree? Yes No

That is exactly why I think a lot of the whole goth/industrial scene is just damn silly. Ive been going to such shows and clubs for a decade, and while th emusic has changed, the people havent.
    Heh, I know what you mean. They think because they buy a pair of boots that cost 250 dollars that their the elitists of the "scene" which in fact they're just posuers and starving for attention. The reason why those people don't dance is because they don't know any of the songs except a couple of the club favorites. I pay no attention to them and get into the music, and if thats dancing, standing, moving or sitting its all on the same level of enjoyment and getting into the bands music.
    DJ Arcatek

Agree? Yes No

Man, you guys are never satisfied are you, i guess i shouldn't go to any concerts because i don't dance, that's a bunch of crap, i'm pretty sure people are there for a reason, at least they're supporting the bands, maybe after i have about 12 beers, then i'll probably break dance because that's the only dance i really know, but i'm into the music itself, i can care less about dancing Bla bla bla

Agree? Yes No

This whole thread is bullいい. It's retarded.
    Kris \'Destral\' Wilke
    kris@destral.net
    www.destral.net

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by rivetbadtz
    Oh...btw one thing I *HATE* after going to a decade woth of these or any other shows. Those rude couples...you know, the guy is behind his gf, and their being all lovey dovey and obnoxious, and they get all mad if gosh forbid ya wanna get energetic or not stay stationary(ie: the protective moat keepers as I call em)

Damn...well, love the music bypass the scene is what I say
    AMEN, brother - those are the morons im really talking about. especially the types that fight their way to the front of the crowd (cause they got there after you, so they should get a better view, right?) and take up space.

im sorry, but im of the belief that if you are just gonna stand there, goto the back of the crowd. im sure the band would much rather see those jukin it as opposed to those staring like a dog that has just been shown a card trick.

d
    -= | i.make.sound | =-
    -= | v01d | =-

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by digitalia

AMEN, brother - those are the morons im really talking about. especially the types that fight their way to the front of the crowd (cause they got there after you, so they should get a better view, right?) and take up space.

im sorry, but im of the belief that if you are just gonna stand there, goto the back of the crowd. im sure the band would much rather see those jukin it as opposed to those staring like a dog that has just been shown a card trick.

d
    exactly! Time after time crowd characteristics are always so glaringly lame. Once in awhile though I'll be surrounded by folks who *actually* gasp! Want to be in the front because they want to be energetic and move their body. Why be up at the front of a VNV or Apop show if youre just gonna stand there?

Also, as noted the folks who push there way through cuz they were to lame to wait to be in front is retarded as well.

I swear, just like the other night, one can be in front and be all energetic and jumping up and down and youll get that poke or push of displeasure from the stationary idiot and his slut gf behind you. These peopel who show up just to be 'seen' is so lame.

Its also lame for the bands, as this sort of music becons for the crowd to get energetic...thsi aint f'in hall and oats ya know.
    So when Covenant is wanting people to not be so tree like, and only a few people are even moving at all, ugh.
    .:\\\\.:PockyBot:.//
    www.pockybot.com
    a cyberpunk kid...a tech girl, and a ninja penguin...the wacky cyberpunk adventure has begun

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Nios_Del_Brasi

Good thing you brought this up how's the audience in europe or in other countries???
    Here in Sweden, the crowd is always totally crazy! They jump up and down, sings, screams, dances....they are one with the music, and so am I. I cant remember a show with people just standing listening...watching.

In Berlin though,when I went to an Alphavilleshow, only the big fans were jumping and singing...everyone else was just standing there...obviously quite annoyed...

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by rivetbadtz

Hey.... I'm a goth/darkwaver (and bloody proud about it)....so don't knock all of us... I for one and my mates are some of the most damn energetic fans this side of the galaxy! We get so manic that sometimes we get the entire crowd going wild and make some bands do three or more encores! At one particular show for (And One) the singer (Dave Naghavi) kept coming over to our corner and dancing all crazy because we were cheering them all and dancing our arses off! He even reached out and shook our hands and smiled! After that, the entire crowd was going mad! We had them chanting Deutschmachine over and over for a million times until the band finally sung it at their fourth and final encore! That was great fun!

BE AT PEACE!

Tal`liyn

Agree? Yes No

Ok I think there is a difference between dancing and getting into the show. I never dance. But when I'm at a show I'm always front stage center or as close as possible as I can be....jumpin up and down and singing along and getting into it.
    Kris \'Destral\' Wilke
    kris@destral.net
    www.destral.net

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Destral
    Ok I think there is a difference between dancing and getting into the show. I never dance. But when I'm at a show I'm always front stage center or as close as possible as I can be....jumpin up and down and singing along and getting into it.
    then yer my kind of people....

d
    -= | i.make.sound | =-
    -= | v01d | =-

Thread Information