Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Coachella Review 2003

Agree? Yes No

Default Coachella Review 2003

Hey guys,
    I saw the Saturday Coachella event in Indio California, and I thought I'd review it for y'all!
    I witnessed Christopher Lawrence spin some pretty good techno. Then Felix Da Housecat picked up his set w/

1. Disco to Disco-Les Rythmes Digitales
    2. Felix w/ miss kitten-silver screen
    3. Depeche Mode-Personal Jesus
    4. Fischerspooner-Emerge (daft punk re-mix)
    5. Nitzer Ebb-Muscle & hate
    I forgot what came after that-i was dancing so much

Ladytron came on an hour late, but ffucckin rocked it. (I got caught hitting the weed by some Fatty arbuckle look alike security guard, who took my pipe, and searched every crevice of my young body-didn't like that) But he didn't get my ganja!!Ladytron looked and sounded great. "blue jeans" "he took her to a movie" were really good.
    And of course Groove Armada after them killed most of the bands.
    They started off w/ "Chicago" and ended w/ "superstylin"
    Simply put-an AMAZING set. Live horns, electronics, two percussionists. DOPE DOPE DOPE.
    Early on in the day Darren Emerson spun some pretty amazing house and techno, (and played a couple Underworld tracks!)
    Spearhead funked it out on Stage 2
    Blur was good, but Damon Alburn got kind of miffed when people wouldn't sing back the ya-ya-ya-yayaya during "boys and girls"
    Beastie Boys sounded so damn in sync it was nuts. Those old fogies still have it, and the beats and samples sounded really crisp. Only saw a couple songs from them, but it sounded great.lots of energy.
    All in all, it was a great show-surprised I didn't see more synth people out there, but probably next year. If you live in California, like the heat, and appreciate GOOD music electro and not-check it out next year. Wish I could have been there on sunday. peace

Agree? Yes No

did anyone see this?

Thread Information