Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Pop 2???

Agree? Yes No

Question Pop 2???

Has anybody else heard this rumor about Erasure releasing a Pop 2? I know that rumors are common in the music (or any) industry, but isn't it a bit soon for Pop 2 to come out already???
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Haven't heard this, but if it's true, I'd buy it
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

it's too soon!!!

but I will buy it as well (:

The chart success will be more modest this time ):
    The highest place would be number 4 and only one of it. Oh well.

Actually, when you think of it.. it's not so soon. The first Pop was released after 5 albums. so it's time for the second one.
    We just need to e.p.'s

Itay

two e.p.'s

sorry

Agree? Yes No

I guess this project pretty much shows how deep EMI's involvement wirh Mute goes. You see, Pet Shop Boys are in a exactly identical situation. Discography came out in 1991, so it's time for a new compilation. The band wants either a) Discography 2 with singles from Can You Forgive Her? to the present day or b) a 2-cd complete singles collection with all singles from West End Girls to the present day. EMI of course being greedy capitalists that they are want a one cd hit compilation, that would mean the most of the recent singles would be left out. Pet Shop Boys are also in a much better position to nogotiate, since although their biggest hits (bar Go West) are from the late Eighties, they have still eight Top Ten and eight Top Twenty singles to put on the Discography 2 (1993-2003) project.

Commercially there is no point in releasing Pop 2, a compilation that starts with Always. It would hardly sell anything at all. Fans have all the tracks and an ordinary customer is only interested in getting all the hits on one cd. Even Madonna's GH2 was a flop by her standards, because it didn't have any songs from the Eighties.

Agree? Yes No

i dont see how it would be too soon.
    4 albums on this one, vs 5 (+eps/singles) on the last one.
    no biggie. it's time. aside from which, given the spotty output (vs PSB) i think this will due for those who dislike buying an entire album of lacklustre shwag.
    conversely i found POP disappointing, due to owning the original albums/eps with far better trks than what was included on the compilation. unfortunately theyve jumped the shark imo.

why do some bands/companies do that.....best of and/or greatest hits with a bonus trk or a new trk or a never before on cd trk, while the rest of it one already has. milk it...milk it...annoying that is. just reissue the singles, box em a secondtime, and be done with it.

can i ask you a question, o thank you.
    dont die...
    fen.

CTRL

Agree? Yes No

Eurasure aare a band I love but in the UK ive heard nothing and my mate checks the Mute site everyday for releases I think it is a rumour mate nothing more! To be truthfull the same things happened with Gary Numan Pure was released, then two compliatuions with the pure stuff on, then a Tour Edition Album then a Interview album then a remix album with the Pure stuff on its madness whats ome British Labels get away with....
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Well, I suppose there's no rule that says that Erasure can't release a second compilation of LESS than 20 hits. Am I Right? Am I wrong? Or am I just dreaming?
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Gotta say you've got a point there, Jamie...LOL
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Unfortunately I've heard that both the Erasure and Pet Shop Boys compilations will cover their entire career.
    Do we really need another CD with "Oh L'Amour", "Sometimes", and "Drama" on it? Or with "West End Girls", "It's a Sin" and "Domino Dancing"?
    Here in the States the only people that are going to buy these CD's are their true fans. Both Erasure and the PSB have little or no radio presence here anymore, even from the alternative stations. Therefore the record companies should give the true fans what they want, and NOT regurgitate the same old hits we already have on previous CDs. Lets face it: releasing a career-wide greatest hits from either band is not going to create any new fans.
    As a fan and a completist of both bands it would be nice to see a POP 2 and a Discography 2.

Agree? Yes No

I want a duet with Andy Bell and Neil Tennant. Like, yesterday!
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

I remember that PSB didn't seem too keen on Erasure, but in Literally one time, Neil said how he liked Rock Me Gently....
    \"the hours of your life were mismeasured,
    yet the missing time crawls, seeps grudgingly
    from your halted vessels and quiet bloodstream,
    from the soul-open stillness of your heart,
    to the uncaring mask that has become your face\"

from \"deadhand deadface\"
    \"\"

Agree? Yes No

I've heard him mention, when questioned if he likes Erasure, "I like the occasional Erasure song", and listed "Blue Savannah" as a fave. I think this rivalry has been overblown. If they should ever collaborate? Imagine the success!!!
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

You know that any Erasure/PSB collaboration would be horrible. The two bands have different songwriting styles and two different approaches to orchestration/production/whatever. PSB have joked for years about being confused for Erasure (synthpop duo, and um gay) but I think they just don't care for Erasure's approach to music. I don't think there is a feud or anything. Although it's amusing to think of a synthpop version of the east coast/west coast gangster rap feuds.
    \"Who doesn\'t love \"Born Slippy\"?
    -Neil Tennant on
    http://petshopboys.co.uk

Listen To The Best Broadcasts On The Internet
    http://www.geocities.com/djdaftmonk/radioegn

Thread Information