Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: unknown song?!

Agree? Yes No

Default unknown song?!

listened as hard as i could but i seriously couldn't make out any words in this one for certain. it had things sounding like:

...sweet surrender
    ...sweet september
    ...holding on
    ...secret eyes

it's an 80s track for sure...reminded me of when in rome's 'the promise' with its melody. sounded like guitars in it too.

help please?! big thanks to anyone who can help =)
    i design stuff...
    --> drxdtcm

Agree? Yes No

Is it "When Love Breaks Down", by Prefab Sprout?
    Give that a whirl. From what I can see from my search, there's also a Thomas Dolby remix floating around.
    Efreak

p.s. I love "The Promise" by When in Rome, so if it sounds remotely like it, I'll love the song!

***update***
    I just DLed the song on WinMX, and it's doubtful that I am right. Any other takers?

Agree? Yes No

hehe...not a bad track thanks for the tip =) afraid it's not the one though. the words are much to clear in this track...i was TRYING to pick up some concrete lines in the one i heard and couldn't. also the guitar melody is quite a bit more prominent in my mystery track. it was on fm radio of all places hehe.
    i design stuff...
    --> drxdtcm

Agree? Yes No

Maybe if you hummed it? Just kidding.
    Efreak

Agree? Yes No

I recognize the words, just can´t recall the song!!!!!

Agree? Yes No

Okay... This is driving me absolutely insane! Have a look here, and see if one of these songs might be your answer:

http://www.lyricsworld.com/cgi-bin/s...&ul=&wf=222210

I don't know about anyone else, but have you ever had a name that you just couldn't figure out and it drives you completely mad???
    The other day, I was trying to figure out who the other man was in the movie "Tommy Boy" besides Chris Farley (David Spade - D'uh!) and I spent a few dollars calling family, friends, and everyone in my little black book to find out who it was. Then it finally hit me. I am having absolutely *no* luck with this one.
    PLEASE..... When someone gets this? For the love of all things good??? Let me know!!!
    Efreak-ing out!!!!!

Agree? Yes No

Wink

It could be John Denver. I know he had that "experimental" period after his success with "Country Road" where he sounded a lot like When In Rome. My third grade teacher loved that guy.

Actually I did a google search and came up with nothing but a few reasons NEVER to put cliche poetry on a website.
    A04 of SoundMine, self-proclaimed electromilitant

Thread Information