Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crazyshow Reviews

Agree? Yes No

Exclamation Crazyshow Reviews

Post them here, please!

Agree? Yes No

well, I like Crazyshow a lot, but it is rather bland. But it is definitely NOT Alphaville. It is a solo project of Marian Gold and should be called as such. Without Bernard Lloyd one can really hear a difference in sound. the new sound just isn't as dramatic or pretentious. Bernard will really be missed
    Alphaville RIP 1984-2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Steve
    slc, utah

Agree? Yes No

Marian Gold is now using the name Alphaville, so itīs AV...
    I guess it depends on how you see it...Could you call Marian and Bernd AV after Frank and Ricky leaving the band?
    However, I love Crazyshow, I think itīs great (as Iīve said before in the thoughts about CS thread,...YEAH WE already got one...)
    Itīs special, I donīt complain about the Bernhard-abscence.
    Nice songs, wonderful voice, beautiful arrangements...

the story goes on..........

Agree? Yes No

I went thru all 4 cds in less then a hour, how?
    Skip button! Sorry, but this really blew chunks. It was a sad waste of $80. The only passable cd was websitestory because at least it was mainly synth. The rest, pah! utter tripe. In future, I really will have to think
    twice before buying another "Alphaville" cd.
    EricDraven
    \"Victims, aren\'t we all\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by EricDraven
    I went thru all 4 cds in less then a hour, how?
    Skip button! Sorry, but this really blew chunks. It was a sad waste of $80. The only passable cd was websitestory because at least it was mainly synth. The rest, pah! utter tripe. In future, I really will have to think
    twice before buying another "Alphaville" cd.
    Sad to hear.
    How much into AV are you?

I love Alphaville, very much, and not just because of their "synth"sound. Theyīve done so much beautiful during 23 years, and I love almost anything synths or not!

Crazyshow is very experimental, you will find a lot of different styles in this one, but I donīt think thatīs something bad (unless you only like the ForeverYoung style..)

I will never ever think twice before buying something with AV.

Agree? Yes No

Sounds like $80 may have been a bit too high.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by alternatronic
    Sounds like $80 may have been a bit too high.
    No, itīs worth every penny-from inside out!

Agree? Yes No

Got it last Friday. However, because I have two small sons home, I have very limited quality listening time (I don't want to spoil the album by playing to death in my workplace where the listening experience gets of course interrupted all the time) and I'm still getting acquainted with the album. I have listened to DS9 and DS10 for three times both with mixed feelings. The songs are strong, but I have serious problems with the production - especially with the faster tracks. Although I like guitar music as well (Sisters Of Mercy, Placebo, Smiths, Psychedelic Furs and I really loved Pet Shop Boys's !guitar album" Release etc.) I have never liked Alphaville's or Marian's attempts to rock out. Since Salvation was such a masterpiece after the bitter disappointment of Prostitute, I must say I wish Marian would have continued in that direction.

It seems that Marian has a bit bad taste when it comes to guitars. just compare Impossible Dream and Flame: both are amazing songs, but ID sounds like an Eurovision entry recorded by a soft-metal group, whereas Flame is gloriously beautiful. Songs like Waiting For The Nu Lite and Upside Down could be amazing, if they were done Salvation-style.

So when it comes to DS9 and DS10: I'm slightly disappointed, but not devastated. There is plenty of good stuff on both of them.

Then last night I played DS12 for the first time, not expecting too much. But that was much more like it! Most songs sound much better done with electronic backing. I guess I'll be playing this one much more than the proper albums.

And I still have DS11 to hear.

So my verdict so far: not a patch on Forever Young or Salvation, not as good as Afternoons In Utopia, perhaps on par with The Breathtaking Blue, but superior to Prostitute.

Agree? Yes No

Prostitute was brilliant!!! Marian's voice in The Impossible Dream is monumental - and Euphoria, Faith, Iron John, Fools, and Apollo are extraordinary moments in the history of the band. IMHO of course

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Eldritch
    I have never liked Alphaville's or Marian's attempts to rock out. Since Salvation was such a masterpiece after the bitter disappointment of Prostitute, I must say I wish Marian would have continued in that direction.
    I agree with the masterpiece part, Salvation is the best thing the world will ever hear.
    But, I think itīs good that Marian/AV rock out sometimes, it makes everything more special, and I think theyīve succeeded very well with it!

It seems that Marian has a bit bad taste when it comes to guitars. just compare Impossible Dream and Flame: both are amazing songs, but ID sounds like an Eurovision entry recorded by a soft-metal group, whereas Flame is gloriously beautiful. Songs like Waiting For The Nu Lite and Upside Down could be amazing, if they were done Salvation-style.
    The impossible dream is one of my fave AV-songs ever.
    Itīs on my top 5, definitely!
    Itīs a very special song, not sounding like anything theyīve done before, and with wonderful vocals.
    And Flame. This is THE AV-song! Best song ever ever made!!!

Waiting for the new light is a very cool song, I liked it when it first was available on av.de and I still dig it. Itīs funny and unique!
    "Bigger than Bernie and youīre smarter than Gold"

And I still have DS11 to hear.
    With other words-you still have the best cd on CS to hear!!
    Be prepared for something very very special!
    (Giants, Stranger than dreams, Diamonds are forever...)

Wohooooooo!
    Christina
    -in love with CS

Agree? Yes No

Don't forget "About a Heart". That's how AV should sound!

And Prostitute is my favourite album. Salvation is a bit too cold but musically and lyricaly it is great!

Agree? Yes No

Now I've heard DS11 as well. Like I expected, it's the cd that's most reminiscent of the previous Dreamscapes project due to tracks being collected from all directions. Giants was the track I expected most of, but it was rather ruined by the bassline that's lifted directly from Adamski's Killer. Has anyone else noticed this?

But good stuff in general. Diamonds Are Forever sounds great, the instrumentals are good as well and the remixes seem decent enough. Only Because Of u seems like a track screaming out for the skip button. Must listen more to form a fuller opinion.

Definitely worth 90.50 dollars i paid for it.

Agree? Yes No

Impossible Dream is a fantastic song, however I do agree it would sound better with synth backing rather than guitar. Just imagine what Flame would sound like if they used a guitar on that song.

Impossible Dream could have been THE number one AV song.
    Check out me avatar

Agree? Yes No

I love Crazy Show, like the best of Alphaville it has music for all moods. Marian does so many different song styles, and they all still sound like Alphaville. Worth every penny I paid!
    Clare

Agree? Yes No

Exactly fuzzgin!

It would have paid more for it if it had been neccessary!
    I love the different styles and the different versions of the songs.

Special special!

ElectroGardener Mike Gjennestad's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

AVIL you are one funny person. I think it is great seeing someone so devoted to a band. come Heck or high water I can count on AVil to defend alphaville to her death!!! keep going christina.

gjennmike
    SYNTHPOP!!! To infinity and beyond!!!!

Agree? Yes No

So crazyshow isn't so good like the Dreamscapes 1-8?

I'm thinking in buy this box aside US$80 is alot of money there, imagine here.

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Mike Gjennestad
    AVIL you are one funny person. I think it is great seeing someone so devoted to a band. come Heck or high water I can count on AVil to defend alphaville to her death!!! keep going christina.
    Hihi, thank you Mike.
    I will love AV to my death, thatīs one thing I can promise you all.
    No matter what they do, I will defend them. (Maybe should become a layer or something...just in case... )
    AV rules my world.

Originally posted by Hajas
    So crazyshow isn't so good like the Dreamscapes 1-8?

I'm thinking in buy this box aside US$80 is alot of money there, imagine here.
    Freddy,

I guess this depends on what you thought about the DS-box.
    I saw it as a masterpiece, but it was "only" a box full of old secrets and gifts for us devoted fans.

Crazyshow on the other hand shows a whole new side of AV (even though only Marian Gold is involved).
    Here, you will find a lot of new stuff, everything in a quite special package and with a different sound. Love or hate.
    I love it. Iīm not very subjective, but itīs the truth, this is a very special box, and u shouldnīt be without it!

/Christina

Agree? Yes No

It's definitely overpriced and not worth it. It could easily have been condensed into a really solid double CD album, but Marian just had diarrea of the brain and got carried away. Bleh.

Whatever you want to call it, AV has definitely lost its "magic" for me.
    SlothRadio - Playing the best in modern and classic synthpop and new wave.

ElectroGardener Mike Gjennestad's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

i haven't actually heard it yet, but everything I have heard says that it is overpriced and would make an exceptional 1-2 cd set. Definitely not worth tyhe $80 price tag that is attached to it. Come on Marian, think clearly.....

gjennmike

oh and i am not slamming alphaville ok AVIL?

SYNTHPOP!!! To infinity and beyond!!!!

Thread Information