Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crazyshow Reviews

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Eldritch
    By the way: is it a lot different to the version on Dreamscapes?
    I would say so yes.
    But IMO, the ds-version is a loooot better....

Agree? Yes No

Default New album is great!

Tons of material with lots of great songs. Loved it when it came out and it keeps growing on me.

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: New album is great!

Originally posted by Crusader
    Tons of material with lots of great songs. Loved it when it came out and it keeps growing on me.
    Wow I love this post!!

Yeah it´s a great album indeed...and it will grow on u, give it time.

Agree? Yes No

I won't review an album after listening to it once or twice, so I waited awhile to give my opinion on Crazyshow. As unbiased as I can possibly be, Crazyshow is still a vast, ambitious release for Alphaville. Many of the songs are not as immediately accessible as those on Salvation, but Marion did not want to make another "Salvation". Alphaville is an evolving band. I remember years ago, I heard an interview on NYC's WLIR, and one of the members of Alphaville (I forget which one, sorry), mentioned that Alphaville's music is like a spiral. I think this is the perfect "shape" to describe their musical direction.
    Anyway, I regard Crazyshow as a special release for us, the fans.

Agree? Yes No

I think CrazyShow is great! it contains so many different songs that they can fit any possible mood...
    giving away is all we got to do
    to take away the pain
    till the music will rage in our brains...

Agree? Yes No

I feel that this box has something very special. And just as u said alien, it fits all your different moods. You can find it all, just in there. And I love it, from inside out!

This is something for the fans indeed. And those who made the reviews, haven´t read them all, but I guess that not all of the are hardcore fans...

Agree? Yes No

being a hardcore it's so hard to write a review... because when you listen to it you're full of emotions... and emotions aren't that good for reviews
    to take away the pain

Agree? Yes No

I think that emotions are the best for an interview, or else it will all just feel fake... Guess it´s hard being objective...

Agree? Yes No

Review should be objective... without emotions I think... but on the other hand emotions make reviews alive...
    to take away the pain

Agree? Yes No

Again this depends on who´s going to read the review. For fans, that´s one thing, for other´s, that´s something completely different.

Agree? Yes No

I can't be objective either. I love Crazy Show. The music comforts me at difficult times, gives me hope and features in my dreams. I can think of few better ways to spend that amount of money. Worth every last penny.
    Clare

Agree? Yes No

Exclamation Hmm...

A few opinions...

I only have the promo CD from CS, called "Crazyshow Excerpts", which holds eleven tracks. So I really can't judge the whole box.
    What I can do is ask what the hell Gold was thinking?
    Now, I don't mind guitar driven music or anything like that, but WHERE ARE THE SONGS? I'm beginning to think Bernhard was playing a larger role than I originally thought. MOst on the tracks on the promo are terribly bland. Nothing sticks out. The highlights were "Zoo" (a beautiful AV song, it seems someone else wrote it...the irony!) and "Carry Your Flag" (which is ooold, isn't it?).

And "Hurricane" has to be the worst song I've ever heard from the band...PLEASE don't use guitars like that again...geez...

And, Avil, I find it a little hard to swallow that one can defend a band at any cost? Now, I believe you really like CS, but it's a little funny still. I mean, I'm as big a DM fan as you're AV, but I still wasn't all that thrilled with "Exciter" or Dave's sleeping pill of an album, for example.
    I still like your style, though, but at times I find it a bit over the top... -)
    \"Your name, like ice...into my heart\"

Agree? Yes No

what's wrong with guitars in Hurricane? I think it's good song...
    to take away the pain

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by Harmonizer
    A few opinions...

I only have the promo CD from CS, called "Crazyshow Excerpts", which holds eleven tracks.
    Oh give it to me!!! LOL

So I really can't judge the whole box.
    You´re missing out a lot...

What I can do is ask what the hell Gold was thinking?
    Now, I don't mind guitar driven music or anything like that, but WHERE ARE THE SONGS? I'm beginning to think Bernhard was playing a larger role than I originally thought. MOst on the tracks on the promo are terribly bland. Nothing sticks out.
    I can say nothing else but that you should really get yourself the whole box. You need everything to be able to get the feelings...

The highlights were "Zoo" (a beautiful AV song, it seems someone else wrote it...the irony!) and "Carry Your Flag" (which is ooold, isn't it?).
    Well partly. The lyrics for Zoo was not written by AV, but the music! And carry your flag is old yes, it´s from the DS-box!

And, Avil, I find it a little hard to swallow that one can defend a band at any cost? Now, I believe you really like CS, but it's a little funny still. I mean, I'm as big a DM fan as you're AV, but I still wasn't all that thrilled with "Exciter" or Dave's sleeping pill of an album, for example.
    I still like your style, though, but at times I find it a bit over the top... -)
    LOL
    The problem with me is that I would always defend this band because I believe that everything AV has released and will release is near perfection if not perfect!
    Of course I can critize this band, no doubt about that, like See me thru, never heard a more terrible song..(or the vocals...).
    But mostly, there is nothing to complain about...so I love AV and what they´ve done. Always.

Christina

Agree? Yes No

crazyshow is a piece of ¤¤¤¤...¤¤¤¤ing waste of money. there best stuff was in the 80's. There done now. rip

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ppo665
    crazyshow is a piece of ¤¤¤¤...¤¤¤¤ing waste of money. there best stuff was in the 80's. There done now. rip
    Tell me, what have you heard with AV?
    And what was so terrible with Crazyshow?

/Christina

Agree? Yes No

Well... if people only love Forever Young album they won't like CrazyShow... *shrugs*
    to take away the pain

Agree? Yes No

Hey Avil, you are right!

Mine arrived 2 days ago, and Crazyshow is fantastic! I really love all CDs! Is better than Dreamscapes in my opinion.

Have so wonderfull songs, and the Artwork of the Box is simply awesome, the best that I saw in my life, really nice!

I really recommend this box, aside the price is too much hard, but in the end REALLY WORTH!

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Hajas
    Hey Avil, you are right!

Mine arrived 2 days ago, and Crazyshow is fantastic! I really love all CDs! Is better than Dreamscapes in my opinion.

Have so wonderfull songs, and the Artwork of the Box is simply awesome, the best that I saw in my life, really nice!

I really recommend this box, aside the price is too much hard, but in the end REALLY WORTH!

Freddy
    Hey Freddy, of course I´m right!! hehe!

Indeed the artwork is something very very special, I´ve never seen anything like it neither!
    Sure, it´s a high price, but it´s also high quality stuff!!

Christina

Agree? Yes No

I know this is really delayed but here I go:

Crazyshow is a highly unique, very "all over the board" release. If you want something all uniform, the release is not for you.

I wouldn't call the release my favourite, but there are some really fantastic songs on the release. I also think most people associate Alphaville with synth, synth, synth. If you do, yes, some tracks on the album might put you off.

I found it interesting. Some songs I did not like immediately because they were more guitar oriented I liked a lot later. I put the album on the other day and found myself enjoying it immensley. I was not in one of my bounless energy moods so the mood of the album fit well.

If you want another Salvation, no, you wouldn't like it. But Marian was not going for that - it is quite obvious he was trying for another sound. I see this all the time whenever a "synth" band branches out to try different styles - suddenly you get all these fans saying "oh they suck now" That is because you EXPECT a band to be something (al synth driven) and now they are not. It's not that they suck, it is that they are not doing what you expect - what you want. So hence, some will like it, some may not.

And yes, the albums could have been paired down to 15 precise fantastic songs - or maybe not.. Why? Cause when seeing what people lked most about the whoel release - many had completely different songs!

Starting with Dreamscapes, Alphaville has been for releasing every aspect of their work, the rough, the good and the bad. But what is one person's bad is not another's. Alphaville is not for trying to conquer the world either. They know they have a strong devoted fanbase and so while most people buying the album will be them, they most likely will pick up new fans through word of mouth - and through experimenting with NEW sounds..
    (i've watched the messageboard members grow and grow and grow..)

So what makes crazyshow so controvercial? Because it is not all synth driven. And so long time fans who have come to expect AV to be that seem shocked. However, that does not mean it is bad. Drop all your expectations and just listen.. I am sure you'll like a hell of a lot of songs on it.

Tara

Thread Information