Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How come no one talks about Anything Box?

Agree? Yes No

Come on people, the obvious answer to the original question is that Anythingbox does not deserve a thread or mention in the Synthpop forum because they are NO LONGER A SYNTHPOP BAND!
    They are now fully a Rock band & anti-synthpop and Claude hates ever being called a Synthpop group. If they ever create a Rock forum, then that would fit their current status & be fine.
    Granted, almost all Synthpop enthusiasts will agree that their first three albums were Synthpop classics, but their Drastic change to rock and their Anti-Synthpop sentiment really rubs me and many other Synthpop fans the wrong way! (Not to mention their music now really sucks and they are waisting Claudes talent & voice which was meant for lush Synth hooks/melodies! I will wish them luck in their career, but I still think they suck and cant believe the 180 turn they took against our music/genre!
    Down with crappy rock & Viva Sythpop!!!
    VIVA SYNTHPOP!

Agree? Yes No

Default Labels

Originally posted by tclutz
    Claude hates ever being called a Synthpop group.

Claude hates being labeled anything. To be labeled purely a synthpop band can put restrictions on creative freedom, because everyone expects nothing but synthpop albums. It doesn't allow a band which has explored different paths throughout their career, despite having early releases which were synthpop. He doesn't hate synthpop, he's just doesn't want to be labeled as such.

Some of the older fans might recall the Anything Box reggae period (seriously). There is a reggae version of Living In Oblivion in the old archives.

As for the new stuff, I'm a little more open to different types of music as I also enjoy rap, metal, classical, and bluegrass. I will never say their new stuff sucks--I think Universe was awesome, but I definitely agree that it's not synth, and I can see why a synth-purist would not like it in comparison to the old stuff.

Oldly enough, I talked to Claude on Monday, as he was surprised the anythingbox.com website got hit by slashdot and crashed out from too visitors seeking the free Binaural Repeats album. Anyway, he mentioned he had written some new songs and when he mentioned what they were (genre-wise), I was a little surprised. Here's a hint: What happened the last time Claude came up with an album which he thought wasn't quite Abox?

Agree? Yes No

we got to hear interleave that's what! this juicy hint had better be serious!
    i design stuff...
    --> drxdtcm

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by tclutz
    Come on people, the obvious answer to the original question is that Anythingbox does not deserve a thread or mention in the Synthpop forum because they are NO LONGER A SYNTHPOP BAND!
    They are now fully a Rock band & anti-synthpop and Claude hates ever being called a Synthpop group. If they ever create a Rock forum, then that would fit their current status & be fine.
    Granted, almost all Synthpop enthusiasts will agree that their first three albums were Synthpop classics, but their Drastic change to rock and their Anti-Synthpop sentiment really rubs me and many other Synthpop fans the wrong way! (Not to mention their music now really sucks and they are waisting Claudes talent & voice which was meant for lush Synth hooks/melodies! I will wish them luck in their career, but I still think they suck and cant believe the 180 turn they took against our music/genre!
    Down with crappy rock & Viva Sythpop!!!
    See our previous discussion on this topic
    \"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.\"
    - Homer Simpson

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by interface2x

See our previous discussion on this topic
    which one? i'm certain there's atleast 50 of them archived on EGN alone.

(not specific to anything box, obviously)

dave

Agree? Yes No

This one, specifically

p.s. congrats on the avatar, Dave. Boy or Girl?
    \"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.\"
    - Homer Simpson

Agree? Yes No

This one, specifically

p.s. congrats on the avatar, Dave. Boy or Girl?
    Boy or Girl??

HAHAHA! It's Boys or Girls That's 1/2 of a set of identical twins and thank you!

PS... I was just cleaning off my hard drive and found that version of "Voiceless" that I did last year... Hopefully I'll have a new version sometime in the next millenium, I always planned on doing a new version of that...

dave

Agree? Yes No

Wow, twins? Even better - congrats!

Two little Cliffwalks around Chicago...? Watch out in about 16 years, people!
    - Homer Simpson

Agree? Yes No

Wow, twins? Even better - congrats!

Two little Cliffwalks around Chicago...? Watch out in about 16 years, people!
    especially if they're girls... i do have friends ready to train me on advanced firearms.

dave

Agree? Yes No

In regards to the post..."we got to hear interleave that's what! this juicy hint had better be serious"!
    I thought the last time they did something different we got "The Diary" which was a total piece of $%#! What was the interleave reference regarding? If not more rock music like the Diary etc., I am not sure what the hint of their change in direction is eluding to?
    VIVA SYNTHPOP!

Thread Information