Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fr/action 2CD Special Edition now available; NukleoN album pre-ordering

Agree? Yes No

Default Fr/action 2CD Special Edition now available; NukleoN album pre-ordering

Greetings,

Cohaagen Music would like to announce that the second pressing of FR/ACTION's popular futurepop album, "Crimes of the Future," is now available. The album is now presented as a 2CD Special Edition: Disc 1 is the original album, and Disc 2 is the all-new "Vigilante E.P.," featuring 5 exclusive tracks. For complete information, please visit the official Fr/action website:

http://fraction.cohaagen.com

While on the website, be sure to check out the updated reviews section (including the 9/10-score review from the new issue of Outburn Magazine, which calls the CD a "futurepop concept album of the highest caliber"). Also, we're presenting a new sample MP3 for download, an excerpt from the fan-favorite track "Crime Pays." Full-length streaming versions of all three promo tracks are available on the Fr/action MP3.com site:

http://www.mp3.com/FractionMusic

An important note: Most of our distributors still have the original pressing of "Crimes of the Future" in stock, and will receive the 2CD Special Edition when they re-order. Until then, the 2CD edition is available exclusively from the Cohaagen Music Online Store (featuring international shipping and secure processing through CCNow):

http://www.cohaagen.com/order

(Another note: Cohaagen Music Club members will receive the Special Edition in the mail shortly. People who have already purchased a copy of "Crimes of the Future" can get a sleeved copy of the "Vigilante E.P." by emailing us privately with a request that includes the bar code number on your CD, where you purchased the album, and your mailing address.)

----------

In other exciting news, we have begun pre-ordering NUKLEON's highly anticipated debut album, "Earth Rising." The CD features 10 amazing tracks of danceable, energetic electropop combined with clever lyrics and a powerful vocal style. The promo track "Lucky" caused quite a stir in the scene, and the rest of the album will not disappoint. The official release date is April 8th, and by pre-ordering now you will receive the CD as soon as we get it in our hands. For complete information on NukleoN and the release, please visit the official website:

http://www.NukleoN.com

----------

In shows news, there are two upcoming Cohaagen live events of note:

First, be sure not to miss the first-ever live Fr/action performance. The details follow, and please contact us if you would like to book Fr/action as well:

Fr/action live at Metamorfico
    Thursday, March 6th, show at midnight
    The Parlour Club, 7702 Santa Monica Blvd.
    West Hollywood, California
    http://www.parlourclub.com

Next, we've just confirmed a date for another first-ever event: a Cohaagen "showcase" night featuring performances from Fr/action, NukleoN, and Ganymede. This will also be our first-ever show in beautiful Seattle, Washington. Here's the info:

Fr/action, NukleoN, Ganymede live at Hybrid
    Wednesday, May 21st, time TBA
    Noiselab, 925 E. Pike St.
    Seattle, Washington
    http://www.electrogenic.com

----------

Thank you, and please enjoy,

David Friede and Patrick Runkle
    http://www.cohaagen.com
    info@cohaagen.com

Agree? Yes No

This is great news on the Nukleon album, I've been looking forward to it for a long time!

Also, the special edition of the Fr/Action album is a little unusual - usually the special editions come out first, sell out, and then a non-special edition is released. Oh well, I'll still enjoy it.
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by jetjaguar15
    Also, the special edition of the Fr/Action album is a little unusual - usually the special editions come out first, sell out, and then a non-special edition is released. Oh well, I'll still enjoy it.
    The "Special Edition" didn't come first because we didn't foresee the need to re-press the album. When it turned out that the demand happily outweighed the supply for the title, we decided to add additional material to the second pressing to make it more enticing to people who haven't bought it yet. At the same time, we're offering the "Vigilante E.P." free to anyone who bought the original pressing of the CD, so in no way are we attempting to re-sell the album to fans (if that's what you were implying).

I hope that clears up the confusion. Please enjoy!

David

Agree? Yes No

me too highly anticipating for Nukleon's brand new baby! Is there anything promo to download there, Dave??

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by SynthezObserver
    me too highly anticipating for Nukleon's brand new baby! Is there anything promo to download there, Dave??
    Sorry, no downloads are available at the moment. However, you can stream full-length versions of three promo songs on NukleoN's Electrogarden and MP3.com sites:

http://electrogarden.com/artists/nukleon/
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/63/nukleon.html

David

Agree? Yes No

ok cool this streaming music gonna rape my 56k modem finally

better wait for silver pressed release and purchase it @blindly@

Agree? Yes No

how am i able to obtain this free disc dave? what sort of proof of purchase is required? pardon me if i've missed the answer to this already =)
    i design stuff...
    --> drxdtcm

Agree? Yes No

Cool

Originally posted by draxijn
    how am i able to obtain this free disc dave? what sort of proof of purchase is required? pardon me if i've missed the answer to this already =)

Hey Drax,

From what I have read you need to get the barcode from the back of the CD, then email it privately to Cohaagen along with a note of where you bought it and of course your mailing address, then you get a sleeved copy of the remix disc. How great is that!!

As for Nukleon, this must be one of the most hotly anticipated releases in a while, poor Dan must really be feeling the pressure! I'm sure the album is going to be hot, I'm looking forward to it.

Best wishes to Cohaagen and Dan for both releases. Keep them coming guys!!!!

Craig

Agree? Yes No

thanks moose...i'll get on that. you know you're memory is crap when ya can't recall where you bought it. pretty sure it was ADD.
    i design stuff...
    --> drxdtcm

Agree? Yes No

He he! I get days like that too. Actually, make that years...

Craig

Agree? Yes No

I've got my copy of NukleoN on pre-order at Amazon. Just have to play the waiting game now...

Craig

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Cohaagen

At the same time, we're offering the "Vigilante E.P." free to anyone who bought the original pressing of the CD, so in no way are we attempting to re-sell the album to fans (if that's what you were implying).

I hope that clears up the confusion. Please enjoy!

David
    I just bought Crimes of the Future 2 weeks ago from Storming the Base. up here in Toronto. How do I get my free copy of the Vigilante E.P. or is it only for individuals who ordered from Cohaagen's mail order ? Way to go Fr/Action! Congrats on selling out the first pressing!!! Absolutely fabulous CD!! It even has the data (songs titles) that appear on mydisplay screen on my stereo!! Very cool & that surprised me as only my Savage Garden & Dixie Chicks CDs have the feature!!

Dani
    If I watch over you... who watches over Me?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Visage-the-toy

I just bought Crimes of the Future 2 weeks ago from Storming the Base. up here in Toronto. How do I get my free copy of the Vigilante E.P. or is it only for individuals who ordered from Cohaagen's mail order ? Way to go Fr/Action! Congrats on selling out the first pressing!!! Absolutely fabulous CD!! It even has the data (songs titles) that appear on mydisplay screen on my stereo!! Very cool & that surprised me as only my Savage Garden & Dixie Chicks CDs have the feature!!

Dani
    See post #8
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well I’m better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I can’t compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

Thanks a 1,000,000... These people at work keep interrupting me while I'm trying to read the posts!

Dani

Agree? Yes No

No problem Dani, it is nice to see others purchasing from Storming the Base. I do the majority of my buying thru those guys. Actually Jeremy (DJ Antithesis) is doing a guest DJ set with me at Savage Garden tonight.
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well I’m better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I can’t compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

Yes Jeremy is a great guy and goes out of his way. I'm doing the majority of my buying theu them also. I'd really love to drop by Savage Garden but unfortunately I work Thursdays - Sundays 10am-9pm so I'm exhausted at the end of the day (yes I know, I'm getting old!)... I was at Savage Garden a few weeks ago actually...

Agree? Yes No

Hey everyone,

I sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm! The 'Earth Rising' album has been through a few time delays such as my move 360 miles north to Silicon Valley, as well as a few months of angst-ridden equipment storage.

I am relieved yet very excited to see it finished. I have to thank Patrick Runkle and David Friede for their patience and confidence in seeing this through to the end, despite the hurdles along the way...and David did a stellar job mixing and mastering this CD with his keen attention to detail.

I hope all who listen thoroughly enjoy what they hear.

Agree? Yes No

I'm sure that 'Earth Rising' will be well worth the wait.

In the meantime there is always the second pressing of Fr/action's 'Crimes of the Future'. Hats off to Patrick and Dave yet again here as they are offering the remix disc free to everyone who bought the original release.

Way to go!

Craig

Agree? Yes No

The new material on the 'Crimes of the Future' E.P. sounds awesome!

Agree? Yes No

You're heard it already? That's not fair!! I hope the postman is on his way, it's a long way from over there to over here!

I've got your album on pre-order, more waiting involved there!!

Take care,
    Craig

Thread Information