Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Maurice Gibb dead at age 53.

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Unhappy Maurice Gibb dead at age 53.

Gibb, who joined with his older brother and his twin to harmonize their way to becoming one of the best selling musical groups ever, suffered cardiac arrest before undergoing emergency surgery for a blocked intestine.

The Bee Gee's are among my all-time favorite composers. Brilliant musicians and craftsman who have written dozens of chart hits for themselves and others.

RIP Maurice.

Follow the link below for Maurice's obituary:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...n_mu/obit_gibb

Agree? Yes No

That sucks. I was just talking about them to a friend the other night. Damn...

-Mark
    www.djintrovert.com

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

This is sad, tonight i was just watching Saturday Night Fever on cable... I was also able to see the Behind the Music of the Bee Gees back in 98, Maurice seems to have more nrg out of the 3... So sad indeed.. I dont own any Bee Gees records but my dad and my mom are huge Bee Gees fan and were disco biscuits of the 70's.... RIP to Maurice...

Man he's the third person I know who died in his 50's

1. Jerry Garcia
    2. Dude from the Clash
    3. Maurice Gibb...
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

Agree? Yes No

Hi,

We wanted to express our sadness and shock at the sudden news of the passing away of Maurice Gibb early this morning. We saw the Bee Gees live on 3 seperate occasions over the years, and they were really a stunning live act. They had that ability to re-invent themselves over the years, from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's-00's. Top song writers, and beautiful 3 part harmonies.
    With sales in excess of 100 million, collectively they leave behind an amazing back catalogue. There were plans to begin a new album too, starting early 2003.

Very, very sad news indeed :-(

Regards,
    Aidan, Lar, Brian & Sean
    Empire State Human
    www.empirestatehuman.com

Agree? Yes No

This is very sad. Maurice Gibb was born on my litte Island home, (Isle of Man, near UK), not one mile from where I am typing this mesage. (Douglas, the Islands Capital)

Both he and his wife have freinds and family here on the island, and I know he will leave a gap in many peoples lives.
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

Default "I finally died ... which started the whole world crying."

Shocking, absolutely shocking. My wife had told m he was in the hospital ...

The Bee Gees were one of the first bands I really got into in the 70's, when I was probably not more than 6 years old, and were probably one of the biggest musical influences on me today. Everytime you heard a song of theirs (even if it was one of the many they've written for others such as Kenny Rogers/Dolly Parton, Barbara Streisand, Dionne Warwick, etc.) their trademark sound and harmonies were unmistakable. My wife Beverly is also a big fan of theirs as well, being from New Zealand (not too terribly far from Australia where they grew up).

Maurice will be sorely missed.

On a related note: I remember brother Andy Gibb also died at a very young age too.

Agree? Yes No

My heart goes out to the Gibb family as well. Yes Andy Gibb died of a heart ailment when he was just 30 years old. And I didn't know that Maurice and Robin were twins!!!...And I didn't know that Maruice was married to LULU...you all may know her. She played the cute little blonde in the movie 'TO SIR WITH LOVE'. with Sydney Poitier!!!...Shes the one that sang the song 'to sir with love' at the graduation thing-ee. This is one of my fave Brit movies!!
    Yes Maurice will be certainly missed, like his little brother Andy. My heart goes out to the Gibb family once again.....nice thread to remember the BEE GEES Synthpop.
    \'\'I heard it from my friends about the things you said.\"---------Martin L. Gore from the song \'THE THINGS YOU SAID.\'

Agree? Yes No

very sad for people to go so young... 53 seems so YOUNG these days... (face it, 53 isn't what 53 was 20 years ago)

dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

Damn this is some sad news...I really liked the Bee Gees music over the years, and Maurice is a brilliant singer, songwriter, and musician...The music industry as a whole has suffered a big loss with him gone...

Far too many music icons have been taken from us lately

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

The BeeGee's are truly a lovely family.....I know them...they send crates of wine and gifts to my company ever year for Christmas! We see them every few weeks as well! It's truly a blow when you know someone personally and then like a flame that suddenly goes out, they are gone! Another light has gone out in the music world and this one will be sorely missed! Our thoughts are with the Gibb family! Nam`ariŽ

BE AT PEACE!

Tal`liyne
    \"You gave away your life\'s grace. I cannot protect you any more!\"

Agree? Yes No

Default A little tribute to Maurice Gibb

As the cultural icons of our past get older, death comes knocking. It's the unfortunate price of living. It is always harder when they are taken young. By today's standards, 53 is just way too young. I have to say that growing up I couldn't stand the Bee Gees, but as an artist I have come to appreciate the brilliant simplicity of their songwriting. They have more hooks than a Nantucket 'long liner'. So, here again I offer up our cover of one of the Bee Gees greatest, as my humble tribute to this great songwriter and musician. Rest in peace Maurice.

http://www.brandnewidol.com/sounds/y...dbedancing.mp3
    Timothy Heireth
    www.brandnewidol.com

The Electrogarden Network - Where Synthpop Goes To Die

Thread Information