Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: New Joy Electric CD coming out this week

Default New Joy Electric CD coming out this week

It's called My Grandfather, The Cubist. I've checked out his/their myspace page and listened to a couple of the new songs. I like it a lot. JE is an acquired taste but it appeals to my sense of melody and noises.

Anyone else like them? A lot of people seem to has issues with Ronnie being an "out Christian". When dealing with music, I really don't care about an artists personal views in that dept. whatever religion they are or even if they're atheist...it doesn't matter. If i like the music...so be it.

Blog Entries

I never had a problem with religious overtones as long as they were not so blatant as to overwhelm the music/vocals. Drop us a link to these guys so I can check this out.

Default Joy Electric

I like a lot of Ronnie Martin's music. I've never found his Christian beliefs offensive, even though I don't necessarily share them as such. Although it could be said that his most controversial album was the 1999 offering "Christiansongs" although I think Ronnie's main beef was not with non-Christians, but rather with the more commercial bands in the "christian" music scene.

I've always liked his musical style, relying entirely on analog synthesizers, no midi, no drum machines, and no software synthesis, heavily influenced by early Human League, John Foxx, and Kraftwerk.

Thread Information