Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VNV NATION BURNT over BURNING EMPIRES

Agree? Yes No

Will be great if was re-released.

I think that limited editions only made more CDRs and MP3s appears around the world simply because the fans can't find the real CDs, so they don't have another way aside these ones unfortunately.

My dream is that ALL cds must be available EVERYTIME in the world, so if I wan to buy some old single buy Cetu Javu or Celebrate The Nun, I could right now do it.

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

I agree with you Freddy. No one benefits from keeping music locked up, especially the fans. There should be no reason why this music is kept away, especially with the digital music format.

On the subject of Burning Empires, I'm hoping that since VNV Nation switched labels, perhaps there is a chance that it will be re-issued.

TDOL

Agree? Yes No

I agree with most of what everyone has said. But I'm afraid I side with the LtdEd fans. They're added value--especially if they contain multi-media stuff. My guess is that releasing a LtdEd focuses sales within the first week or so of release. This is crucial from a chart placement standpoint. Just a guess...

Take PSB, they release a LtdEd of almost everything these days, but I've never paid more than one or two $ over the standard release prices. That's a great value! And you can still find a lot of that stuff in the stores without being robbed on ebay.

Plus, we can thank labels such as Rhino, Caroline, and One Way, who have done a great deal to rerelease stuff that was previously only available on vinyl. Those CDs are usually cheaper than you would expect.

I would guess as more nostagia sets in, more bands like VNV would look at a rerelease of their older stuff--if there was a demand.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Grey Area
    personally, I don't think you're missing much anyway. I thought burning empires was pretty disappointing. most of the remixes hardly differ at all from the originals, and the "standing" single you can get pretty much anywhere. the only songs worth owning the disc for are the vocal version of "saviour" [if you liked the original instrumental from empires and one of the b-side tracks "further".
    I totally agree.. I actually found a used copy for $9.99 CDN ($7.50 US) this summer and though it is good, there really isn't much different from the regular Empires... Anyone wants to buy it for $15.00 US? Just joking!
    If I watch over you... who watches over Me?

Thread Information