Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Brand New Idol

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Brand New Idol

So I followed the Saintface thread lead to this band and was very pleased so wanted to share this in another of my recommendations threads. This had that instant "slick electro" feel for me which I really like and after a few listens the tracks really grow on you in that retro feeling sort of way. I dig this stuff alot.

I also read that interview that is on this site too (thanks Duhb) and searched here to find their profile. There is a lot of this bands music on these site and I recommend this highly.

http://www.myspace.com/brandnewidol

http://www.electrogarden.com/features/bni/ (there are 2 very nice songs there too)

http://www.electrogarden.com/music/egn/profiles/21/

cool deal. i like them too. there are a couple of cool remixes on their myspace too.

Paintbrush

hey just an fyi - i was the one who took the new shots of them; you can see their new photo shoot i did on their site; http://www.brandnewidol.com

x

hey very cool and those are nice pics. lots of atmosphere and looks very pro.

thanks! we went to an abandoned medical / mental health institution in upstate NY
    pretty damn scary at times.

i use a the canon rebel xt with both portrait and a wide angle lenses.
    been working on a portfolio / online gallery - when its done i'll post it here!
    x

Blog Entries

Hey those are great images, they would make great inserts in a CD and the abandoned mental hospital sounds pretty scary. There is a movie where 3 guys are contracted to clear asbestos from an abandoned mental hospital and some really crazy shit goes down. Actually some of the shots in your pics look like that place. I guess all abandoned mental hospitals have something in common...

that place would be a good location for a video too. background is so important in the visuals.

Always thought that BNI was a good band and never understood why they never released a proper album, it's a shame really. There are a lot less talented bands out there with more than one release under their belts. Though I'm happy to see that they're still gaining fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Hey those are great images, they would make great inserts in a CD and the abandoned mental hospital sounds pretty scary. There is a movie where 3 guys are contracted to clear asbestos from an abandoned mental hospital and some really crazy shit goes down. Actually some of the shots in your pics look like that place. I guess all abandoned mental hospitals have something in common...
    oh wow do you know the name of that film? now I'm curious!
    i guess if you let a place sit out long enough to the elements the place falls apart and the paint starts curling up!! lol

Seraphim - currently they're working on a proper release (i know its been some time thats passed) but they've had some lineup changes in the recent past. I'm sure that once they're done with this (tentatively tittled Sentimentally Ill) I'm sure that you'll be hearing more about it. xo

Quote Originally Posted by Electroswank View Post
    Seraphim - currently they're working on a proper release (i know its been some time thats passed) but they've had some lineup changes in the recent past. I'm sure that once they're done with this (tentatively tittled Sentimentally Ill) I'm sure that you'll be hearing more about it. xo
    Now that is good news to hear. Nothing I hate more than to see good talent go to waste. Best of luck to them!

Default Brand New Idol

So question for you:

Any chance of a reissue of "Still Beautiful Falling Apart"? I'm redoing Synthpopalooza Radio's site, and I would like to put a link under BNI on my site where people can buy a CD. I've got one, it's the out of print Ampcast CD. Guess it's worth money now!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Electroswank View Post
    oh wow do you know the name of that film? now I'm curious!
    i guess if you let a place sit out long enough to the elements the place falls apart and the paint starts curling up!! lol

Sure, here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_9

heh? i watched that movie and if it is dark and quiet in the house it is pretty scarry.

oh shit yea - Session 9! yes I saw this a while back~~~~ uber creepy!

yea it is. kind of annoying how they kept changing who was the one that was killing or warped or whatever. the scenes in that are intense

Thread Information