Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Any comments on the new MONOLITHIC track?

Agree? Yes No

Exclamation Any comments on the new MONOLITHIC track?

Hello once again my fellow electronic music headz!

Electrogarden was kind enough to allow me to torment you once again with more Flash and audio. I thought that it would be cool to open up a discussion on any thoughts about the latest single. Any questions? Comments? Gripes? SHOUT IT OUT, BABY!

Er, uh in case you didn't notice that there was even a link to my latest single promo here...follow this link: www.electrogarden.com/artists/monolithic/promo

Then come back and tell me whacha think...you won't hurt my feelings...really.

Cheerz,
    Midihead/Monolithic
    midihead.com

Agree? Yes No

Hey Folks,

Give this tune a listen. It explodes into your head and the melody is quite fresh. It has this modulation into major that totally changes the character of the chorus midstream, very cool.

Great job, Midihead.... The vocal style reminds me of the rock band Live for some reason. Very strong.

Dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

What I've heard sounded really good...

I'm really looking forward to the MCd. Are the "Arms" remixes that will be on the MCD ones that you really liked in the remix contest, but just were not quite as good as LP-T's remix?

But streaming on a dial-up is annoying. I wish Broadband wasn't $50 a month....
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by cliffwalk
    Hey Folks,

Give this tune a listen. It explodes into your head and the melody is quite fresh. It has this modulation into major that totally changes the character of the chorus midstream, very cool.

Great job, Midihead.... The vocal style reminds me of the rock band Live for some reason. Very strong.

Dave
    Hey Dave,

Thank you very much, man! I've gotta tell you...I've no idea what I'm doing, technically speaking. I never took a music class in my life...not even music appreciation. I tried piano lessons when I was younger, but wasn't patient enough to stick it out. All this stuff just erupts from my soul. I had no mental idea that I did a "modulation into major that totally changes the character of the chorus midstream". Thanks for pointing that out. It's cool to get feedback from a music major that can speak the technical language of it all.
    Midihead/Monolithic
    midihead.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by jetjaguar15
    What I've heard sounded really good...

I'm really looking forward to the MCd. Are the "Arms" remixes that will be on the MCD ones that you really liked in the remix contest, but just were not quite as good as LP-T's remix?

But streaming on a dial-up is annoying. I wish Broadband wasn't $50 a month....
    Wassup Jet? The answer is "yes". LP-T's remix was the winner, but these others were very close runner's up. I thought it would be cool to get them on the MCD so as to help the hard work pay off for these artists. I hope that the public will enjoy these different versions of "Arms". I must say, there is something for almost every pallet on this MCD.

Sorry you have to dial-up, man. I'll never dial-up again after being on DSL. It's well worth the expense if you can dish out the extra 25 bucks a month.

Cheerz,
    Midihead/Monolithic
    midihead.com

Agree? Yes No

hey just heard the new material bro and it's super cool! you have some seriously cool fx in house of joy man...keep takin' it higher it's great =) like always the vocals are the real show stopper!

musically stupid,
    brett
    i design stuff...
    --> drxdtcm

Agree? Yes No

Thank you very much, man! I've gotta tell you...I've no idea what I'm doing, technically speaking. I never took a music class in my life...not even music appreciation.
    --

No problem, it's deserving. Yeah, your ears heard a really cool thing.

Basically the entire chorus is in the same key until you sing the word HOUSE. It's a jump from the major to the minor mode of the same key and then back... you do it by lowering the 7th degree of the scale.

The end result totally changes the shape of the whole chorus. Sometimes it's a good thing not to have musical "training" and to learn by feel/self-taught. You have natural talent. There's absolutely no law on the books that says you can't thrive as a musician until you go take lessons/classes. Actually some musicians have considered them a hinderance to them after they've taken them because the music just came naturally anyways, why mess with it?

peace,

Dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Thread Information