Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
ELECTROGARDEN.COM | CHAT | Who: []

Thread: POE Benefit Concert 8/13

test

Agree? Yes No

Default POE Benefit Concert 8/13

P+E's going to be performing and speaking on Tuesday 8/13 in Hollywood. Here's the information:

HOT OFF THE PRESS...Get ready to join POE and yes....CAMERON STONE. Your eyes do not deceive you.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

POE is the most exciting and recent addition to the SoCal RAINN Event line-up!!

SEE >> LISTEN
    POE is the SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER and will be PERFORMING a few songs as part of this quite purposeful benefit concert which aids survivors of rape and incest.

Enjoy POE's acoustic performance along with the ever so talented...the one, the only, the original HELLO days cellist >> Mr. Cameron Stone.

This is sure to be an incredibly rare, intimate performance that cannot be missed.

The Auspicious Engagement takes place:
    August 13, 2002 - HOLLYWOOD CA
    Club Sixteen-Fifty (formerly Vynyl)
    1650 Schrader (at Hollywood Blvd)
    Performances begin at 8:00.
    Club Sixteen-Fifty is a 21+ establishment.

Tickets are going fast and can be purchased through
    all Ticketmaster locations and www.socalrainnevent.com.
    $22 in advance - $25 at the door (But you know the house will be PACKED!!!!)

Please visit www.socalrainnevent.com or call (562) 628-2486 for more information.

*Line Up: Poe, Sacha Sacket, The Girls Guitar Club, Rebekah del Rio (Mulholland Drive), and Sheila Nicholls

I am one *happy* Angry Psycho!! :woohoo: I'm gonna see P+E!!!!

Agree? Yes No

AAAHHHH!!!!!!
    Why do I NOT live in CA?! Gonna suck that I'm gonna miss this. I'm sure Michelle won't be happy either.
    Gives us the details on how it went after you get back from it.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

test

Agree? Yes No

Of course I will!!! I am going to wear my autographed P+E shirt. I hope to meet her after the show, this time! I hope she doesn't go straight home like she did on her tour. Too bad Siggy joined another band and won't be there. Ugh! Cameron Stone will be there and I have never seen him before. OMG! I am sooooo excited!!!! :woohoo:

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

I'll see if I can make it to this one.. I'll be registering for school that day so I hope I can make it on time...
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

test

Agree? Yes No

I am getting my ticket in a few minutes. I only need to dry my hair and put my shoes on. I am sooo excited! I haven't seen p+E since November and I needed a p+E fix. Yay!!! I am sooo stoked that Cameron Stone is playing with her. This is going to be incredible!!!!

test

Agree? Yes No

I got my ticket!!! :woohoo: Ticket¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ got their grubby little paws on the price though. The ticket itself was $22.00, but after they added their "convenience charge" it was $28.25. to Ticketmaster. It's a benefit and an auction. I cannot wait!!! I get to see the Mistress of Groove!

test

Agree? Yes No

p+E rocked!!!!! She played 5 songs and spoke in between songs. She played:

That Day
    Angry Johnny
    How Long
    Trigger Happy Jack
    Beautiful Girl

She told us about a job she had last September being an emcee of The Gravity Games. They are an extreme sport games and a concert. Well, the crowd started moshing and throwing beer bottles on the stage. The guy in charge got in her face and called her horrible names and told her to do her fing job and go out there and tell the crowd to stop. Well, she wasn't too sure what to do, so she called her mom. Her mom said for her to get out of there. So, she changed her plans and went up to New York. See, she was originally supposed to fly out of Boston and head back to Los Angeles. She was supposed to be on Flight 11 on Sept. 11, 2001. That was one of the planes that hit the World Trade Center. Scarrryyyyyy!!!!

Ok, she ends her set with Beautiful Girl. Now, I had front row, directly below p+E. She pulls girls up onstage during that song. I was the second one pulled up! She hugs us all in a group hug. I was thrilled!! :woohoo:

The show freaking rocked my world!!! :woohoo: . I met Glo, who is a total sweetheart!! I don't know how she knew it was me. LOL. Glo, you rock!!!

So, afterwards, I had Mark Z. Danielewski sign my Haunted cd booklet. He's p+E's brother and he wrote an amazing book, House of Leaves. I lent my copy to someone, so I didn't have it.

We met up with p+E after the show, and we all sat by the backstage door in the parking lot talking. She remembered meeting me last year, "in the middle of nowhere." She signed my cd booklets and wrote the sweetest things. I wanted to cry!! Then, she signed my left sleeve of my autographed p+E shirt. I have both sleeves signed now.

Last night was incredible!!!!!! I heard that it was videotaped. I know that some Angry Psychos (p+E fans) taped it as well as the people from RAINN. I want that tape!!!

p+E rules!!!!!!!

Agree? Yes No

That is soooo awesome! Wish I had been there for that. Let me know if you find that video tape. hehehe
    Someone somewhere must have it.
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

test

Agree? Yes No

I do know that some AP's taped it. I don't know if it turned out. I had heard that the people from RAINN taped it as well and will sell it. I will let you know if it becomes available!!

Thread Information