Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial depeche MODE Convention in Los Angeles

test

Agree? Yes No

Default Unofficial depeche MODE Convention in Los Angeles

Here's some info on the upcoming dM convention in LA, Oct. 13:

Ray and Elliot (London Calling) just got the tickets in for the L.A. Unofficial DM Convention (being held October 13, at The Palace in Hollywood).

They won't be available on their web site until next week, but if you want to rush and get the tickets now before they sell out (they always do), here's the details:

phone - call (714)778-4966, and order them over the phone now (use this # until the web site goes live)

in person - Go to Kaos Records in Covina, California (121 North Citrus, between the 10 and 210). They will be selling there exclusively until next week.

The cost is $20.00. Hope to see ya there.

Agree? Yes No

I dont wanna on anyone's parade or anything... but god damn... I wouldnt be caught dead at a Depeche Mode convention.

Agree? Yes No

I wish I could go to the convention again, but sadly it is in October, and I cannot attend due to school. I wish they would hold it in the summer again!
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

test

Agree? Yes No

Ok, cross one name off the list of attendees.

Well, one of the promoters is getting married this month and was busy with that. I was hoping they would have had it Sept. 22, *my* birthday but, Nooooooooo. :sobbing: That would have been a blast and a half So, I will just have to wait a few more weeks and go then.

Agree? Yes No

I used to work at Kaos back in the day when it was called Hot Rocks...Ray is a good guy, he asked me to work his merch booth this year...I might considering it's been a while since I've done it...

And I can say this...If it's anything like the past conventions, and if I know Ray, Kaos will have some of the best stuff available at the convention, if not the best booth there...He showed me a few of the shirts last time I was in, and all I'll give away is that they got quite a few of the old designs re-printed
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

test

Agree? Yes No

Are you on the first level next to the facilities--right next to the entrance to go to the dance floor? Is that his table? I will have to come up to ya and obsess on the MODE.

Agree? Yes No

Usually, and I wasn't there last year so I don't know, but we're always on the top floor right in front of the huge bay window facing the street...Thrid floor I believe
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

test

Agree? Yes No

Oh, I never went up to that floor. I have been on the floor and in the balcony, but not to the third floor. You soo know I am going to come up and bug you and Mike. Hey, I have all dM's albums. All 4 of them. Wow! Look at this, Violator, hey, that must be a new album.

test

Agree? Yes No

Hey, be sure to let me know if you are going to be there working or having fun. Knowing you, you will be having fun *while* you are working.

Agree? Yes No

*LMAO* "

Yeppers, we'll even have their unreleased stuff called Songs Of Faith And Devotion, a collection of worship songs

(on a side note to all DM fans reading this, it's just an inside joke amongst some hardcore DM friends, nothing personal... :-)

And Steph, what do you mean you never made it up to the third floor, we had the best booth every year, how could you miss us???

test

Agree? Yes No

Honey, here's a sad, but true story. I went to the convention in 2000. Now, at that time, I rarely ventured out. I went with a group of people from Orange County. I was trying to find the person I was with and I did NOT notice that there was a step down to the dance floor. I fell and hit my head and broke a bone in my wrist. I was a wreck! Since I didn't drive, I had to wait until it ended and then drive home from Orange County. I was afraid to go back to The Palace. I have gone twice to The Palace this year, for the VNV Nation and Apoptygma Berzerk concerts, but I avoided the floor at all costs. I am very careful where I go when I am there and I look *down* all the time. Now, I know that there is another floor to go up on, I will come and check you out. Oh, and I get out more now, and will be driving myself. I am not quite soo sheltered any more.

test

Agree? Yes No

Heyyyy, how much is that cd of worship songs? I have to add that to my collection.

Agree? Yes No

See Steph, you gotta lay off the booze kiddo, it'll bite you when you least expect it J/K

Well don't fear the Palace this time around, I might just end up going for the good time, forget working the merch booth...I've never just went and had fun...

test

Agree? Yes No

Shhhh! don't tell people that I am a wineo!! It's my little secret. Hicccupppp!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by StphLadd
    Shhhh! don't tell people that I am a wineo!! It's my little secret. Hicccupppp!

Sorry girl, your secrets out!!!*LOL*

Thats okay though, at least you know you'll have some fun at the convention

test

Agree? Yes No

Here I tried to keep it well hidden. Now, everyone knows. I am soooooo ashamed.

Agree? Yes No

So when you go, who do you usually go with??? Have you been to more than just that rather forgettable one???

I hope The Sweet and Tender Hooligans aren't the cover band this year, they do the best Morrissey impression ever, but are just a terrible excuse for a DM cover band...

test

Agree? Yes No

Ummm, well, I have some friends who are coming from out of state and Toronto. I need to talk to you, so I will send you an IM. ok?

I am hoping that Philip, the kid who does the Martin impersonation goes again. He can sing!!!!!

Agree? Yes No

Sounds cool, the more the merrier is always a blast at conventions

test

Agree? Yes No

I just hope they have tickets at the end of the month. I had to get my POE ticket, or else I would have bought mine.

Thread Information